Thread: TracFone website issues

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score

TracFone website issues

Today I was doing my annual bit helping out relatives add airtime to their two TracFones (they're a bit insecure doing it without guidance). This year was to be the $125 PIN with the 22448 Promo Code (takes off $50) for each. And I was using Windows 10 Quick Assist to remote in to their PC (also Win 10) for the first time and hover over the proceedings (that works nicely!).

But wow, neither of them could get logged in to their accounts on the TF website! They'd enter their credentials, hit Login, and nothing on the page gave any sign that things were proceeding. Dead in the water!

So, they both ended up using the My Account app on their individual devices to add the airtime with the Promo Code. No snags at all with that.

I thought I'd share that and see if it might be something just today or whatever. From reading here I know their website and elements of it and their services can get flaky at times.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Verizon - Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I had a similar experience on ST website today.

The site remembered my email for login I entered my password and hit the login button and nothing......... got to looking and for some reason the website added quotation marks on each end of my email address l deleted them and all was well.

It's never done this before.

Using Firefox

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    While remoting in and watching them making their login attempts I don't recall seeing that sort of extra character insertion type thing, and hopefully I would've been observant enough to notice.

One of the first things that happened was the site flagged her as using an invalid password, which she then changed (and with usually only annual visits to this site and working from a written-down log of her passwords, we were a bit puzzled by this part of the encounter). It was from this point that the site always seemed to never proceed; not exactly "freezing," per se; just no page activity or progress indications (like the rotating arrows in the open tab you'd typically see as a new page loads).

But as it proved out while she used the My Account app on the phone, the password apparently did successfully change.

She initially was using Chrome. Then we tried both (new) Edge, then Opera. Results all the same, so I concluded it probably wasn't a saved cookie thing.