Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Will c band fix congestion issues?

Feedback Score

Will c band fix congestion issues?

Once it's really rolled out, will it fix the current Verizon congestion issues? I assume it will but I'm not an expert.

Verizon has great coverage and great call ability normally but data congestion seems to be the big problem area and some mention a lot of dropped calls etc

Sent from my U705AA using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daisydoo View Post
    Once it's really rolled out, will it fix the current Verizon congestion issues? I assume it will but I'm not an expert.

Verizon has great coverage and great call ability normally but data congestion seems to be the big problem area and some mention a lot of dropped calls etc

Yea more spectrum will always help with congestion most people should see an improvement as it's rolled out

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Well the initial rollout will be in certain areas only. Now if you live in one of those if you have a device and a plan that allows you to access c-band yes that would be the most immediate way to alleviate any congestion. Now eventually when enough people have c-band devices( and are on the plans that can use c-band ) that will help everyone else as fewer people will be using 4G spectrum. Also as c-band is being rolled out CBRS is continuing to be rolled out too which also everyone. Obviously those with phone that support band 48/n48 are helped the most

Carrier(s)
    Spectrum Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I am on Spectrum Mobile a Verizon Wireless MVNO. The Cincinnati Reds had a fireworks show after the game and my iPhone 11 Pro was struggling to load webpages during the game/fireworks show. C Band is not going to fix connection issues with people who have LTE phones, it is going to require cell phone users to upgrade to 5G capable phones.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techguru30 View Post
    I am on Spectrum Mobile a Verizon Wireless MVNO. The Cincinnati Reds had a fireworks show after the game and my iPhone 11 Pro was struggling to load webpages during the game/fireworks show. C Band is not going to fix connection issues with people who have LTE phones, it is going to require cell phone users to upgrade to 5G capable phones.
    Well yes and no getting some of these users who currently only have LTE as an option I we to 5G will allow for the LTE spectrum to open up more. Another issue you were having is Spectrum mobile is bottom of the barrel for prioritization so you may see it more pronounced then some other users.

Do they have mmWave at that stadium yet or no?

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Once it's really rolled out, will it fix the current Verizon congestion issues?
    Only for two years, according to this analysis.

tl;dr the USA’s dense urban areas are on track to run out of sub-6 GHz licensed cellular capacity in 2023, even with the introduction of C-Band, and to also run out of mmWave capacity in 2027 (likely due to the fact that carriers are selling it as a home Internet replacement).

The only way for Verizon to keep up with dense urban data demand from 2023 to 2027 is to blanket every single dense urban area in the entirety of its current mmWave holdings, and by 2027 they have to acquire and build out even more mmWave spectrum, perhaps in the new 41 GHz band (n259).

Personally I think everyone is overlooking the elephant in the room: The 60 GHz band. It’s so, so underrated. Y’all, there is so much bandwidth in the unlicensed 60 GHz band that we could do away with same-room data cabling altogether (802.11ay supports speeds up to 172 Gbps, which makes the 40 Gbps peak of Thunderbolt 3 and 4 look slow), and because 60 GHz is so directional, interference will likely almost never be an issue. My money is on 60 GHz NR-U becoming hugely important by 2030.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwtgt View Post
    Well yes and no getting some of these users who currently only have LTE as an option I we to 5G will allow for the LTE spectrum to open up more. Another issue you were having is Spectrum mobile is bottom of the barrel for prioritization so you may see it more pronounced then some other users.

This is false. Spectrum and Xfinity mobile have qci8 priority. Same as Verizon postpaid users. This has been documented numerous times.

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Can you link?
    Quote Originally Posted by Theghostlad82 View Post
    This is false. Spectrum and Xfinity mobile have qci8 priority. Same as Verizon postpaid users. This has been documented numerous times.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    Can you link?
    There are a million and one posts, comments, and pages about it online, including some from Verizon engineers themselves. Pick any of them to read. Xfinity and spectrum have a network parity agreement with Verizon, similar to the network parity agreement Google Fi has with TMobile. You are however hard throttled on their unlimited plans after either 20 or 30gb of data is used, depending on the plan you choose.

Carrier(s)
    Spectrum Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwtgt View Post

I believe they do but can not confirm since I do not have a 5G capable device.

Device(s)
    Iphone Xs, Ipad Pro 11"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techguru30 View Post
    Lol, you are on a MVNO that is the lowest on the pole of priority. Also the c-band will make others work better (except for maybe the MVNO's) since more users will be using that spectrum instead of the LTE.

Device(s)
    Iphone Xs, Ipad Pro 11"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    There are a million and one posts, comments, and pages about it online, including some from Verizon engineers themselves. Pick any of them to read. Xfinity and spectrum have a network parity agreement with Verizon, similar to the network parity agreement Google Fi has with TMobile. You are however hard throttled on their unlimited plans after either 20 or 30gb of data is used, depending on the plan you choose.
    Seeing as how the plans on the xfinity site state "In times of congestion, your data may be temporarily slower than other traffic." I am going to say that no they are not same priority as post-paid (well maybe they are same priority as the cheapest post-paid). If you think paying sub $45/month is going to get you the same priority as higher-priced plans, I have a bridge to sell you..

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ckoch125 View Post
    Seeing as how the plans on the xfinity site state "In times of congestion, your data may be temporarily slower than other traffic." I am going to say that no they are not same priority as post-paid (well maybe they are same priority as the cheapest post-paid). If you think paying sub $45/month is going to get you the same priority as higher-priced plans, I have a bridge to sell you..
    Correct. Says the same thing on Verizons site. But, I'm sure you know more than Verizon, Xfinity and spectrum, not to mention the various employees, engineers and management staff of the companies who have confirmed they are. So believe you. I'm sure you're a more reliable source. You're not paying $45 for the same plan, you are paying $45 +your internet costs for 20gb of data. The only way spectrum or Xfinity work out to be cheaper options is 1. You already subscribe to either service as your isp and 2. You are a lower volume data user. Though to be fair their hard throttle of 1mbps down after 20gb is rather generous.

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    But you couldn't link anything to back it up?
    Correct. Says the same thing on Verizons site. But, I'm sure you know more than Verizon, Xfinity and spectrum, not to mention the various employees, engineers and management staff of the companies who have confirmed they are. So believe you. I'm sure you're a more reliable source. You're not paying $45 for the same plan, you are paying $45 +your internet costs for 20gb of data. The only way spectrum or Xfinity work out to be cheaper options is 1. You already subscribe to either service as your isp and 2. You are a lower volume data user. Though to be fair their hard throttle of 1mbps down after 20gb is rather generous.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    But you couldn't link anything to back it up?
    I invited you to Google the myriad of posts, comments and pages on it ....I take it you were to lazy to try to look into anything yourself......

Fun fact, since Xfinity pays Verizon so much for network access and priority it didn't turn a profit until just the last quarter of this year, dispte having great growth nunbers, and they expect it to go back in the red again short term as they had to offer larger discounts on multi line accounts.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast