Thread: Red pocket has a new plan $25 for 50GB

Feedback Score

Red pocket has a new plan $25 for 50GB

I just noticed red pocket has a $25 plan with 50GB of data. I have used them for a few years now and like them for the most part except the few times where I get a call and my phone won't ring. I think that happens on all carriers though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by morgothaod View Post
    I just noticed red pocket has a $25 plan with 50GB of data. I have used them for a few years now and like them for the most part except the few times where I get a call and my phone won't ring. I think that happens on all carriers though.
    Just called RP CSR. $25 is a promo for the 1st month. $50 thereafter.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.05.22
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.04.21

Device(s)
    iPhone, OnePlus 8, iPhone 7 Plus (Car phone)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile PostPaid
    Feedback Score
    Yep just the first month. I did sign back up for ther $10 plan since att can now be chosen again

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Feedback Score
    Couple questions for those who have used Red Pocket:

1. How much of the 50GB high speed data is allowed to be used for hotspot/tethering?

2. Is hotspot/tethering data slower than data that is used on the phone itself? (I have found that UltraMobile does this - they say that all of their data can be used for hotspot, and then they reduce hotspot data speeds so much that it is impossible to use.)

Thank you very much for all help!

BTW, the half-off promo is dead now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jettable View Post
    Couple questions for those who have used Red Pocket:

1. How much of the 50GB high speed data is allowed to be used for hotspot/tethering?

2. Is hotspot/tethering data slower than data that is used on the phone itself? (I have found that UltraMobile does this - they say that all of their data can be used for hotspot, and then they reduce hotspot data speeds so much that it is impossible to use.)

Thank you very much for all help!

BTW, the half-off promo is dead now.
    My experience from 2018-2020 (I switched to Boom a year ago but will be switching back to RP GSMA).
    1. They don't limit the amount of data you can use for hotspot/tethering.
    2. I always found it to be the same speed. GSMA is limited to 75mbps regardless of device according to what I have seen on the forums, though I didn't observe that limit for the 2 years I was on RP.

The half off price is still available when you buy sim card and plan from Amazon. For example:
    https://www.amazon.com/Red-Pocket-Un...6315157&sr=8-3

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lewlew View Post
    The half off price is still available when you buy sim card and plan from Amazon. For example:
    https://www.amazon.com/Red-Pocket-Un...6315157&sr=8-3
    Thanks for the link. Does anyone know how exactly this first-month-50%-off promo price works? Do you have to pay for 2 months upfront, so like $25 + $50 = $75 when you activate the sim card?
    TIA for any help!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jettable View Post
    Thanks for the link. Does anyone know how exactly this first-month-50%-off promo price works? Do you have to pay for 2 months upfront, so like $25 + $50 = $75 when you activate the sim card?
    TIA for any help!
    Nothing like that. You pay the 50% off price when you order the sim card, and then you activate the sim card when ready. At the end of the month your service stops unless you choose a plan to renew on and provide payment information. In my case, I plan to buy an annual plan on eBay which I'll add on the last couple days of my month at 50% off.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lewlew View Post
    My experience from 2018-2020 (I switched to Boom a year ago but will be switching back to RP GSMA).
    2. I always found it to be the same speed. GSMA is limited to 75mbps regardless of device according to what I have seen on the forums, though I didn't observe that limit for the 2 years I was on RP.
    I am currently on Red Pocket GSMA. Just did a speed test and observed 101mbps down and 21mbps up. This is using LTE band 2 PCS in my area. I know a lot of people have said it's capped at 75mbps but I haven't observed this.