Thread: Cannot verify my number through Rogers.com profile

Feedback Score

Angry Cannot verify my number through Rogers.com profile

I set up my online profile with Rogers.com versus getting my bills through standard mail. When I log into Rogers.com, under my profile and settings, there's an option for security where it states my phone number and underneath shows:

Please verify your wireless number to help keep your account secure. VERIFY NOW

When I click on the "verify now" link, it shows my number, I click "send code", receive the code but when I enter it and click submit, I get the following error:

"Sorry! Oops, look like something went wrong. Please try again later or contact support."

I tried again about 30 minutes later with the same response then tried again 2 hours after that. On both re-attempts, I get the same error and when attempting a 4th time overall, I get the message:

"Too many verification attempts, please wait 1 hour and try again."

Frustrated, I contact Rogers support through 611. After getting bounced around a few times to 3 different departments and being on hold for almost 2 hours, I finally get someone from online support. The individual was as intelligent as a turnip! I verify my account with them for the 4th time, explain my situation and they state:

"Hmmm... should work, not too sure why this is happening.".

I respond stating that makes 2 of us and I continue by asking what they suggest I try. They said they are not sure . I ask if they're able to open a support ticket as to the issue and I get a direct response stating there's no "known issues" with the Rogers online site so this is user specific, I must be doing something wrong and it's not a Rogers issue.

This is clearly a Rogers issue as it's "server side" on their site. I'm speaking to a tech agent that is supposed to specialize and be an "expert" with the Rogers.com site and I get a poor attempt at resolution with a ho-hum type attitude. I was on the phone for 2 hours, 23 minutes with no resolution, blame being directed at me and no clear attempt or direction as to what the next steps would be. I then state this needs to be resolved since each time I log in, this comes up asking to verify my number for security. My 2 issues are: 1, it won't let me verify which makes no sense; and 2, Rogers indicates it's for security and although I know it's not super imperative, it's still something they recommend and as such, I'm trying my best to comply.

That said, I was quite pissed off I wasted 2 hours and 23 minutes of my time and if I'm unable to verify my number resulting in unnecessary prompts and aggravation when accessing my account, this becomes an annoyance each and every time I log in. I want to keep an online profile to do online billing versus paper but I'm now getting prompted each time and have to take extra steps of closing prompts etc... upon log in. I find this frustrating and even unlinked/linked my account again which was no help.

A minor frustration I know but just based on the attitude, time wasted and pointing of blame to me as the consumer with no interest in escalation of the matter, I'm left confused and not impressed. When consumers are confused and unsatisfied, this is not a good look on Rogers and can potentially mean "Rogers 0" "Another Carrier 1".

Any help from those with a similar issue or Rogers agents who occasionally lurk and provide feedback would be appreciated.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad 8th Gen, MacBook Pro mid-2012 13”, Apple TV 4.
    Carrier(s)
    ROGERS
    Feedback Score
    We’re they all CSRs or you spoke with tech support too?

Sent from my iPhone 12 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I wish I could provide a constructive comment here... Unfortunately the reality is Rogers is in fact the least reliable out of the big 3. From MMS (which I have issues with on WiFi calling on my S21), to online shopping & plans, to tower reliability (I received very poor data in the realm of like 2-3 KB/s despite 4 out of 5 bars of service in Portland, Ontario 2 weeks ago) to whole nation wide outages that effects all their brands...

All I can say is yes, you're on Rogers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TwitchyPuppy View Post
    We’re they all CSRs or you spoke with tech support too?

Sent from my iPhone 12 using Tapatalk
    I spoke with CSR's who in turn put me through to technical support for online accounts (Rogers.com). I phoned back and spoke with them again as I'm having some other issues but as of yet, I haven't gotten the support I was hoping for. That said, I will wait it out and try again at a later date when I have some more time to spare.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @Class View Post
    I wish I could provide a constructive comment here... Unfortunately the reality is Rogers is in fact the least reliable out of the big 3. From MMS (which I have issues with on WiFi calling on my S21), to online shopping & plans, to tower reliability (I received very poor data in the realm of like 2-3 KB/s despite 4 out of 5 bars of service in Portland, Ontario 2 weeks ago) to whole nation wide outages that effects all their brands...

All I can say is yes, you're on Rogers.
    Thank you... Your comment is valid. I may be able to further look into things at a later date but at current, hold times and support provided are ridiculous! I too have a schedule and cannot devote my entire day to hold music and poor quality support. In Roger's defense, this was my experience with the few reps I've currently dealt with and is not my opinion on all staff or Rogers as a company. Hopefully when I have more time, I can get everything worked out.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I tried to pay my Rogers bill in the early evening of Sunday, July 4. I got a useless 'We encountered a payment issue' error message. I tried again, but the same thing. This never happened to me before.

So I started an online chat that they recommended. But to start the chat I had to choose the product affected. But the only choice was Rogers Wireless. WTF? I was trying to pay my Internet and Cable bill.

Rogers chat kept telling me they're really busy so I gave up on that. Instead of trying to pay from my email app through its built-in browser, I tried to use a standard Web browser. No difference. 'We encountered a payment issue'.

So I started another online chat. 23 minutes later someone finally responded. You could tell she was doing multiple chats at once. Every. Response. From. Her. Had. A. Long. Delay.

She couldn't pay my bill either. WTF?

She told me to try calling their 1-888 number. That guy couldn't pay my bill either. WTF? Seriously?

The guy on the phone said it must be my bank. Call them and find out what they did.

As I'm calling my bank, the woman on the chat typed, 'I just spoke with a colleague of mine and they mentioned that this looks like it's an issue for all customers at the moment. Our servers might be down.'

Rogers is useless. Why didn't they just tell me their servers were down instead of that useless 'We encountered a payment issue' error message?

Two hours wasted because Rogers is useless.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    Koodo: Unlimited Canada Talk, World Text, 8+9 GB Data
    AT&T Unlimited Plus: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, ?? GB data

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    I tried to pay my Rogers bill in the early evening of Sunday, July 4. I got a useless 'We encountered a payment issue' error message. I tried again, but the same thing. This never happened to me before.

So I started an online chat that they recommended. But to start the chat I had to choose the product affected. But the only choice was Rogers Wireless. WTF? I was trying to pay my Internet and Cable bill.

Rogers chat kept telling me they're really busy so I gave up on that. Instead of trying to pay from my email app through its built-in browser, I tried to use a standard Web browser. No difference. 'We encountered a payment issue'.

So I started another online chat. 23 minutes later someone finally responded. You could tell she was doing multiple chats at once. Every. Response. From. Her. Had. A. Long. Delay.

She couldn't pay my bill either. WTF?

She told me to try calling their 1-888 number. That guy couldn't pay my bill either. WTF? Seriously?

The guy on the phone said it must be my bank. Call them and find out what they did.

As I'm calling my bank, the woman on the chat typed, 'I just spoke with a colleague of mine and they mentioned that this looks like it's an issue for all customers at the moment. Our servers might be down.'

Rogers is useless. Why didn't they just tell me their servers were down instead of that useless 'We encountered a payment issue' error message?

Two hours wasted because Rogers is useless.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    Glad I'm not the only one encountering issues! Show's Rogers has an issue with their website administration team and should give them a kick in the arse to fix things. The Sh|tty thing with Canada is we really only have 3 major carriers as all the other flakers brands are owed by the Big 3 and when we finally had a carrier which was gaining market share, it was absorbed by Shaw; only later to be purchased by Rogers so we're back to the Big 3 - Telus, Bell & Rogers.

We pay the highest rates in the world and the Big 3 blame it on the land mass they have to cover versus population & subscriber base. Hmmm... this is a good comparison if it's Canada vs. USA due to population etc... but look at 3rd world areas such as Sierra Leone, Burundi, South Sudan etc... ok, they are not as technologically advanced when it comes to data connectivity etc... but at days end, they have all the features we as Canadians come to expect yet at a fraction and I mean FRACTION of the price and these are for all intents and purposes, THIRD WORLD SOCIETIES!

The CRTC needs to be disbanded and citizens need to stand up and REALIZE our Government does not give two hoots about you! These elected officials are about as intelligent as a "premium plus" salted cracker and are lining up at the trough to misappropriate taxpayer funds. As long as they take care of themselves, they don't care about the general public but if were not for general public tax dollars, they would probably be an average Joe/Jane and not living high on the hog as they are.

Unfortunately, Canadians (not all) follow the herd and very few seem to take a stand and this is what our Government loves and without unity and a stance being taken, we will continue to be taken advantage of. I for one, cannot blame companies and or Government for doing so as this is the "opportunist" approach. As they say... If people don't oppose, continue to move forth as we have always done.

Back in the day, pre WIND Mobile, VERIZON Wireless had interest in moving into Canada. This ruffled feathers and VERIZON never went through due to CRTC red tape and BS. Years went by and this almost happened again when VERIZON wanted to buy WIND Mobile and come this time, the BIG 3 griped and whined like pathetic babies knowing their oligopoly was in jeopardy. VERIZON didn't even put up a fight, they just retracted knowing they have a steady presence elsewhere and Canada is a watering hole compared to their current market share.

It's always a sad day for Canada when it comes to our social economics as people just continue to allow corporate and Government abuse all while Government misrepresents, over-promises and under-delivers. It's like the quote states "Be the change that you want to see in the world"; therefore, stand firm in your rights or request for change and if this is done as a society, the Government must listen and take what it's citizens say to heart. If not, the Government fails and the new elected officials will listen as they don't want a historical repeat.

As it relates to wireless, I really do hope a large conglomerate such as VERIZON comes in, uses their power, influence and deep pockets to make roots in Canada and stir up the market to make it a true competitive country. Besides this though, many other things need to change as quite frankly, being Canadian is not what it once was. I used to say I was proud to be a Canadian but nowadays, it's more embarrassing!