Thread: TMOBILE Promotions Without Bill Credit?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

TMOBILE Promotions Without Bill Credit?

I am considering returning to Tmobile for the international roaming. It appears most promotions now require 24 months of bill credits. I'd rather not commit that long. I am open to postpaid or prepaid plans as long as the plan includes international roaming.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

Feedback Score
    I would check on this forum or T-Mobile Reddit for entries relating to new or current promotions. The most common lump sum promos seem to come from those offered by Costco for T-Mobile. I've gotten $800 and recently $150 VISA rebates from there. Some you can spend anywhere, some are for Costco purchases only, but it is a lump sum debit card.

Feedback Score
    You use your own phone , you don't need any credit... peace ! Or get in Costco ( if you are Costco member) to get other carriers' phone number port-in to get Costco shopping card ($100~$300), time by time...
    Only T-Mobile postpaid plan can include free international roaming .

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TMOCustomer View Post
    It appears most promotions now require 24 months of bill credits.
    I have been a T-mobile customer since March 2020. I own one of my phones outright and my other phone is financed through T-mobile. I don't understand what you are referring to 24 months of bill credits as I neither receive a bill credit, nor have a contract with them. If I cancel service on the financed phone, I will be required to pay off the balance but there is no additional commitment. Please explain your statement.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For many years cellphone companies subsidized the upfront cost of phones and required a contract to ensure you remained a customer long enough to recoup their investment plus a reasonable profit. Tmobile spent tens of millions advertising they were eliminating contracts and initially offered reduced prices on phones with no commitment. Over the last several years Tmobile changed the way they subsidized phones. Instead of reducing the upfront cost they pay the subsidy over 24 months. If you leave then you lose the remaining subsidy.

I am perfectly capable of paying for my phones upfront. Tmobile wont reduce the monthly cost of their service plan for me. The only way to get a deal is to receive a free or heavily subsidized phone.
    I would much prefer to pay full price for phones and have lower monthly bills like every other nation except America.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I fully understand how the cellular industry used to operate with their discounted phones that required a contract for 12 or 24 months. I was an At&t CS rep for almost 13 years. My point is that the current pricing model in the US has no contract, only a commitment to make monthly installments (without interest) for new phones from the carrier.

The cost of my financed iPhone SE 2020 is the same price only broken down into monthly installments at no interest. I receive no additional subsidy from T-mobile on the iPhone that I bought from them. I pay the same monthly rate on my Samsung S21 that I bought at full price from the Samsung directly. I don't see how it is any different than outside the US. I didn't need or want a "Buy-Get-One-Free" offer from T-Mobile. If I am mistaken, please enlighten me.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    For many years cellphone companies subsidized the upfront cost of phones and required a contract to ensure you remained a customer long enough to recoup their investment plus a reasonable profit. Tmobile spent tens of millions advertising they were eliminating contracts and initially offered reduced prices on phones with no commitment. Over the last several years Tmobile changed the way they subsidized phones. Instead of reducing the upfront cost they pay the subsidy over 24 months. If you leave then you lose the remaining subsidy.

I am perfectly capable of paying for my phones upfront. Tmobile wont reduce the monthly cost of their service plan for me. The only way to get a deal is to receive a free or heavily subsidized phone.
    I would much prefer to pay full price for phones and have lower monthly bills like every other nation except America.
    Out of pocket cost is the same no matter if you finance or not. Financing or not also has nothing to do with someone having the money outright to buy a device. If a person does have the money upfront, the smarter solution is to finance the device anyways. Finance the device and invest the money you had upfront to buy the device. You come out ahead. It's a zero interest loan with no early payoff penalty, it's senseless to spend out of pocket when you could be making additional money with your cash on hand.

As far as them eliminating contracts, they have. You have no contract on service anymore. If you finance a device, you do have a contract on the device, if you receive promotional credits they are applied to the terms of your device contract (which one term is must retain the line of service the credited device was activated on), you don't fulfill the device contract, you lose the credits and owe any remaining balance on the device. Whether or not this is better or worse than before is debatable, both sides have a point. The main advantage though these days are devices (especially flagships) have greater multi carrier compatibility than before, when you had carrier specific devices. What TMobile did was seperate the device from the service. You have no service contracts, but could have a device contract depending on if you finance one or not.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Almost all Tmobile device promotions are now paid over 24 months instead of upfront. This is T-Mobile's method of reducing churn (like a contract). The only upfront promotion I am aware of is a free low-end phone with the purchase of a $150 prepaid card. They have a limited number of promotions paid upfront but I don't know the details. Perhaps a tmobile employee or dealer will share their expertise.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 8T, Apple iPad Air 4th Gen (WiFi), Apple iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon Prepaid, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score

TMOBILE Promotions Without Bill Credit?

MVNOs are where the monthly cost savings would be. You could look at something like Google Fi, which does have international roaming. It uses T-Mobile, and also legacy Sprint and US Cellular if you use a “Designed for Fi” device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT