Thread: PagePlus SIM not working on most of my phones....

Feedback Score

PagePlus SIM not working on most of my phones....

Hi guys, I'm a phone reseller and I have a Page Plus SIM to test for compatibility. Lately, I've noticed that most of the phones have a problem with Page Plus SIM and I know it's an issue with verizon/pageplus because phone works fine with other carriers.

When I test them, I may have signal (text, calls) but no internet, if I edit APN Internet works but no text/calls.
    Sometimes when I try to make a call, I get Verizon recording saying the phone is not activated, but I know it is.
    I noticed the other day, when I tested a phone, it was working fine with Page Plus SIM but then, I got an update and after that, I wasn't able to make a call, it acts like the SIM is not active! No internet, no calls, no text.

Does anyone noticed this type of issues? if so, how did you fix them??? It's annoying.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    What brand of phone is having this issue?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haulero View Post
    Hi guys, I'm a phone reseller and I have a Page Plus SIM to test for compatibility. Lately, I've noticed that most of the phones have a problem with Page Plus SIM and I know it's an issue with verizon/pageplus because phone works fine with other carriers.

When I test them, I may have signal (text, calls) but no internet, if I edit APN Internet works but no text/calls.
    Sometimes when I try to make a call, I get Verizon recording saying the phone is not activated, but I know it is.
    I noticed the other day, when I tested a phone, it was working fine with Page Plus SIM but then, I got an update and after that, I wasn't able to make a call, it acts like the SIM is not active! No internet, no calls, no text.

Does anyone noticed this type of issues? if so, how did you fix them??? It's annoying.
    There have been some reports recently of problems with switching Page Plus SIMs between phones. There is a topic about it here:

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...es-on-PagePlus

I believe the conclusion was that you can still do it, but it might not work until their system pairs the SIM with a different phone, which may not happen instantly. I think you can call them to get it updated. Either of those might not be optimum in your situation.

I don't know if a similar situation exists with other Verizon MVNOs.
    Last edited by bobdevnul; 07-10-2021 at 04:46 PM.

Feedback Score
    Samsung. But I noticed an issue with an iPhone but problem was fixed by resetting network settings, I tried that on Android and didn't work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haulero View Post
    Samsung. But I noticed an issue with an iPhone but problem was fixed by resetting network settings, I tried that on Android and didn't work.
    Samsung huh. Well that narrows it down.
    Specific model names "and" model numbers would be helpful. You said most of your phones. We need more info.
    There are many possibilities for your issue.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Samsung phones have firmware issues. If you do not have the right firmware, you will see random issues.

From the one reddit user that helps users with this issue and from what I understand, you need to get the firmware which is normally the unlocked U1 or TFN region U1 firmware.

This is because somehow Samsung has limited each region firmware.

Another thing is international Samsung phones does not work that well with MVNO from this user have said because it is the same reason. The firmware for some reason is limited.

This is the most common issues with Samsung phones when switching carriers or getting used Samsung phones.

Feedback Score
    Page Plus is just another Tracfone-owned Verizon MVNO. For a phone to work on Page Plus, it must be 1) on Verizon's whitelist, and 2) not locked to another carrier. Why not just use Page Plus' compatibility checker with your phones? That Page Plus SIM is only going to work with phones that pass this compatibility checker:

https://www.pagepluscellular.com/net...mer-migration/