Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AT&T Unlimited Elite[emoji768] Customers stay in the Fast Lane with Unlimited High Speed Data, 5G In

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, Galaxy S10e
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I’ve confirmed that Elite remains QCI 7, so no matter what you’ll likely be ahead in priority compared to the majority of users.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    Only if the hotspot data pooling includes the free option of per-line data restrictions to prevent people from using more than their fair share. You wouldn’t want your hotspot speeds grinding to a halt just because someone else on your family plan decided to stream 4K on their laptop instead of directly on their phone.
    Fear not! It's 40 GB of Hotspot data per line. Not shared

Name:  Screenshot_20210714-132420_myAT&T.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  36.4 KB

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    An update:

I have not received my text from AT&T stating that my line was updated, but my account shows 40 GB hotspot available. There is still verbiage below my account stating something along the lines of “If you go past your data threshold, data may be slowed down in times of heavy usage”.

Now for the fun part.

My cycle reset yesterday and I somehow managed to (with the help of my iTunes movie / TV purchases) blow through 141 GB of data. I have been pushed down to QCI 9 for the time being.

Name:  IMG_4444.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  43.6 KB

Name:  IMG_4445.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  21.3 KB

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 12 mini
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon (Spectrum Mobile)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeInPa View Post
    On the other hand though my wife’s plan has hotspot data like mine but has never once set up a hotspot in her life so it would be nice if I could take her always unused hotspot data and add it to my bucket.
    Same for me. I really wish they'd just give you a shared pool and let you control which devices can use it. I have a tablet on the legacy Unlimited Elite plan and the main reason I haven't dropped it is because it's an extra 30 GB (now 40) of hotspot per month. That and the tablet's hefty battery means I can hotspot for a long time without plugging in.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    No love for the Starter plan. At least throw us a bone and give us 10gb hotspot!

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    No love for the Starter plan. At least throw us a bone and give us 10gb hotspot!

Unfortunately they have to draw the line somewhere. Hotspot is a big selling feature to get people to upgrade from a base unlimited plan to a higher level plan.

Device(s)
    IPhone 12Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobley
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post

For ten bucks a month more the extra plan has 15GB hotspot, or five bucks per line
    Paul Thurrott:
    Not now mom, somebody's wrong on the Internet

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Name:  IMG_4528.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  24.7 KB

Name:  IMG_4529.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  39.0 KB

My line was moved back up to QCI 7. I moved the sim from my 12 Pro to my Pixel to verify.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G, iPhone 12 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Los Mobile, Verizon, AT&T postpaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    Name:  IMG_4528.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  24.7 KB

Name:  IMG_4529.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  39.0 KB

My line was moved back up to QCI 7. I moved the sim from my 12 Pro to my Pixel to verify.

Have you tried out Los mobile? I'm curious if it's truly qci 6.

Sent from my SM-G991U using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max, Samsung S21 Ultra
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm really interested in signing up for this plan. I also have a laptop and tablet with cellular capability. Does AT&T charge extra to add my two devices to this plan? If so, how much would I have to pay, and if I'll get an additional high-speed data allowance?

Can I roam in Hong Kong, Singapore, or London for a reasonable price with this plan? If not, what are my options besides buying a local simcard?
    List of dumb posts:

Originally Posted by Whit
    I will be requesting the Nokia 6682. I am done with smart(dumb)phones.

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    From what I’ve read, you’d be stuck with permanently deprioritized data for both lines. However it would only be $20/month/line, international roaming would be free in Mexico & Canada and $10/day in other countries (capped at $100 per billing cycle, past which international roaming is free), and you’d get unlimited access to AT&T Passpoint hotspots (which behave like cell sites in that they connect and encrypt completely automatically).

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    From what I’ve read, you’d be stuck with permanently deprioritized data for both lines. However it would only be $20/month/line, international roaming would be free in Mexico & Canada and $10/day in other countries (capped at $100 per billing cycle, past which international roaming is free), and you’d get unlimited access to AT&T Passpoint hotspots (which behave like cell sites in that they connect and encrypt completely automatically).
    Source for the additional lines being deprioritized?

I don't see anything on AT&T about additional lines being $20/month. What if I want to add an Apple Watch? Is it also $20/month?

Do you know if it's possible to change the billing cycle date with AT&T plans?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    source: i am literally on the plan right now at this very moment, after going to an AT&T store and requesting it last month

Name:  6D2E034B-4F44-4AEB-9757-8731C604757D.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  40.3 KB

also it isn’t an “additional lines” thing; ALL new data-only unlimited lines are permanently deprioritized now because of the changes AT&T rolled out with the Unlimited Your Way plans. it used to be that you could get prioritized data on a data-only unlimited line by pairing it with a phone line on Unlimited Extra or Unlimited Elite (to get 50 GB or 100 GB of prioritized data, respectively) but that is no longer the case.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    source: i am literally on the plan right now at this very moment, after going to an AT&T store and requesting it last month

Name:  6D2E034B-4F44-4AEB-9757-8731C604757D.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  40.3 KB

also it isn’t an “additional lines” thing; ALL new data-only unlimited lines are permanently deprioritized now because of the changes AT&T rolled out with the Unlimited Your Way plans. it used to be that you could get prioritized data on a data-only unlimited line by pairing it with a phone line on Unlimited Extra or Unlimited Elite (to get 50 GB or 100 GB of prioritized data, respectively) but that is no longer the case.
    Thank you for the information. I hope you were not offended. I'm totally new to AT&T. The picture that you uploaded is very small and I can barely see the details other than it's $20/month to add a tablet. How come the tablet plan have a different name?

I'm not sure what you meant with "unlimited your way plans". With 1 line, the AT&T Unlimited Elite is $85/month. I'm assuming if I add my iPad Pro 4G LTE to the plan, I'll be looking at $105/month? There is no other discount? Is there any practical disadvantage since the data on the tablet will be deprioritized? What do you recommend I do if I want the AT&T Unlimited Elite plan plus I need data for my iPad Pro and laptop? I also need the ability to roam not just in North America, but in Hong Kong, Singapore, and London.

Thank you!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I shrank the image resolution because HoFo has a limit on how many MB of attachments one can upload. The plan is called “AT&T Unlimited for Tablet,” but to my knowledge, AT&T doesn’t care if people move a tablet SIM card into a cellular laptop. (A cellular hotspot is a different story.) I would be shocked if you activated this plan in a cellular tablet, moved the SIM to your cellular laptop, and faced any negative consequences whatsoever.

Data-only unlimited plans are now all permanently deprioritized, regardless of whether it’s a standalone plan like mine or an add-on to an AT&T Unlimited Your Way phone line. I’m not sure whether people on older unlimited data phone plans can still add data-only lines that have prioritized data. The rumor is that this standalone version of the Unlimited Your Way tablet add-on plan was made to accommodate people whose accounts already had the maximum 10 lines, but other than whether the plan is standalone, I’m unaware of any feature differences. Both $20/month data-only unlimited plans are eligible for discounts and come with free unlimited roaming in Canada and Mexico plus eligibility for AT&T International Day Pass.

AT&T International Day Pass is $10/day for one line and $5/day/line for each additional line, and the charges are capped at 10 days per billing cycle. Therefore you’re looking at a cost of $20/day for overseas unlimited data for your phone, iPad, and laptop, capped at a cost of $200/month. While that would certainly be more convenient, I recommend against it unless you really do need unlimited international data. You’d probably get much more value for your money by bringing an unlocked mobile hotspot device with you, activating a local data plan in the hotspot, and running all three devices from its Wi-Fi; alternatively, if you don’t have or want to use a dedicated mobile hotspot device, you could use your iPad’s Personal Hotspot feature. You could do so via a local SIM card you attain at your destinations, or you could activate on the iPad’s eSIM an international plan ahead of time. GigSky, for example, has a 5 GB worldwide data plan for $59.99.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast