Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: AT&T Unlimited Elite[emoji768] Customers stay in the Fast Lane with Unlimited High Speed Data, 5G In

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max, Samsung S21 Ultra
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    I shrank the image resolution because HoFo has a limit on how many MB of attachments one can upload. The plan is called ďAT&T Unlimited for Tablet,Ē but to my knowledge, AT&T doesnít care if people move a tablet SIM card into a cellular laptop. (A cellular hotspot is a different story.) I would be shocked if you activated this plan in a cellular tablet, moved the SIM to your cellular laptop, and faced any negative consequences whatsoever.
    https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1048698/

AT&T Unlimited for Tablet is $20/month? I don't see it in the link above.

Data-only unlimited plans are now all permanently deprioritized, regardless of whether itís a standalone plan like mine or an add-on to an AT&T Unlimited Your Way phone line. Iím not sure whether people on older unlimited data phone plans can still add data-only lines that have prioritized data. The rumor is that this standalone version of the Unlimited Your Way tablet add-on plan was made to accommodate people whose accounts already had the maximum 10 lines, but other than whether the plan is standalone, Iím unaware of any feature differences. Both $20/month data-only unlimited plans are eligible for discounts and come with free unlimited roaming in Canada and Mexico plus eligibility for AT&T International Day Pass.
    So to be clear, if I pay $20/month, I'll have the privilege of "attaching" my iPad Pro to my AT&T Unlimited Elite plan? The only difference is that I'll have deprioritized data?

What kind of discounts are we talking about here?

Sorry Vivian, but I'm still confused. For just one user at the moment, how much am I looking at each month for 1 AT&T Unlimited Elite, Apple Watch, iPad Pro, and laptop?

It seems like Google Fi's pricing is more transparent and maybe cheaper for multiple devices? I keep reading that data sims with Fi are free and will just utilize the data from the primary line.

AT&T International Day Pass is $10/day for one line and $5/day/line for each additional line, and the charges are capped at 10 days per billing cycle. Therefore youíre looking at a cost of $20/day for overseas unlimited data for your phone, iPad, and laptop, capped at a cost of $200/month. While that would certainly be more convenient, I recommend against it unless you really do need unlimited international data. Youíd probably get much more value for your money by bringing an unlocked mobile hotspot device with you, activating a local data plan in the hotspot, and running all three devices from its Wi-Fi; alternatively, if you donít have or want to use a dedicated mobile hotspot device, you could use your iPadís Personal Hotspot feature. You could do so via a local SIM card you attain at your destinations, or you could activate on the iPadís eSIM an international plan ahead of time. GigSky, for example, has a 5 GB worldwide data plan for $59.99.[/QUOTE]

Thank you!
    List of dumb posts:

Originally Posted by Whit
    I will be requesting the Nokia 6682. I am done with smart(dumb)phones.

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The “AT&T Unlimited Tablet” plan is not advertised anywhere on the AT&T website. One must specifically ask a customer service representative for it.

It doesn’t matter whether you attach the plan to Unlimited Elite or use it as a standalone; both scenarios cost the same amount of money and deliver the same features. Both are always deprioritized, i.e. QCI 9. (See below.) The only reason to choose one over the other is convenience: I don’t have any other AT&T lines, so the standalone plan works for me; you do, so the add-on plan allows you to pay for everything on just one bill and manage everything in one centralized account view.

Without discounts, a one-line AT&T Unlimited Elite plan is $85/month plus taxes and fees; data-only devices do not contribute toward the Elite additional line discounts (only phones do), so each one is $20/month each — with the exception of the Apple Watch, which is $10/month because watches use far less data than tablets or other data devices, so it costs AT&T less to serve them. All told you’re looking at $135/month plus taxes and fees for one Unlimited Elite voice line, a tablet line, a laptop line, and an Apple Watch line.

Google Fi is only better if three conditions are true: (1) You do not go anywhere T-Mobile or Sprint have a dead zone or overly-congested sector but AT&T does not, (2) you do not use more than 22 GB a month on your phone, and (3) you don’t want the extra perks of Unlimited Elite, especially free HBO Max and truly unlimited on-phone data. Google Fi throttles your phone’s data speeds to 256 Kbps after 22 GB, but Elite never slows down your data; in fact, Elite assigns your data an even higher priority level than other consumer priority data. Deprioritized AT&T data: QCI 9; normal prioritized AT&T data: QCI 8; Unlimited Elite: QCI 7. (Lower is better.)

Priority level doesn’t matter when connected to an uncongested cell site sector, but as congestion worsens, a device’s speeds slow more rapidly the lower its connection is prioritized / the higher its QCI number is. In practice, this means the most expensive plans are the most likely to continue to work at all times of day and in all locations that have service. It’s much more rare for an Elite line to experience unusably slow data speeds than for someone on a cheaper plan to encounter data speeds so slow that they can’t get anything done.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Tello
    Feedback Score
    Another advantage for Fi is that data is not deprioritized. Itís the only QCI 6 T-Mobile MVNO. You also get US Cellular roaming with Designed for Fi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
    Another advantage for Fi is that data is not deprioritized.
    Only for the first 22 GB.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Tello
    Feedback Score
    Only for the first 22 GB.
    Obviously but thatís still 22GB priority data more than any other T-Mobile MVNO (all Sprint MVNOs are QCI 6).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The “AT&T Unlimited Tablet” plan is not advertised anywhere on the AT&T website. One must specifically ask a customer service representative for it.

It doesn’t matter whether you attach the plan to Unlimited Elite or use it as a standalone; both scenarios cost the same amount of money and deliver the same features. Both are always deprioritized, i.e. QCI 9. (See below.) The only reason to choose one over the other is convenience: I don’t have any other AT&T lines, so the standalone plan works for me; you do, so the add-on plan allows you to pay for everything on just one bill and manage everything in one centralized account view.

Without discounts, a one-line AT&T Unlimited Elite plan is $85/month plus taxes and fees; data-only devices do not contribute toward the Elite additional line discounts (only phones do), so each one is $20/month each — with the exception of the Apple Watch, which is $10/month because watches use far less data than tablets or other data devices, so it costs AT&T less to serve them. All told you’re looking at $135/month plus taxes and fees for one Unlimited Elite voice line, a tablet line, a laptop line, and an Apple Watch line.

Google Fi is only better if three conditions are true: (1) You do not go anywhere T-Mobile or Sprint have a dead zone or overly-congested sector but AT&T does not, (2) you do not use more than 22 GB a month on your phone, and (3) you don’t want the extra perks of Unlimited Elite, especially free HBO Max and truly unlimited on-phone data. Google Fi throttles your phone’s data speeds to 256 Kbps after 22 GB, but Elite never slows down your data; in fact, Elite assigns your data an even higher priority level than other consumer priority data. Deprioritized AT&T data: QCI 9; normal prioritized AT&T data: QCI 8; Unlimited Elite: QCI 7. (Lower is better.)

Priority level doesn’t matter when connected to an uncongested cell site sector, but as congestion worsens, a device’s speeds slow more rapidly the lower its connection is prioritized / the higher its QCI number is. In practice, this means the most expensive plans are the most likely to continue to work at all times of day and in all locations that have service. It’s much more rare for an Elite line to experience unusably slow data speeds than for someone on a cheaper plan to encounter data speeds so slow that they can’t get anything done.
    Thank you for the response Vivian.

I thought you said you have the Elite plan as well as the Unlimited Tablet plan so two post-paid accounts rather than one?

I'm assuming the Elite plan gives me the ability to text any number to any country in the world?

Will the Apple Watch plan allow me to roam in Canada and Mexico as well? With the international add-on, will my Apple Watch work abroad as well?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I do not have the AT&T Unlimited Elite phone plan. My phone is on the Verizon Do More Unlimited plan, and because it comes with 50% off a connected device plan, my cellular Apple Watch only costs $5/month to keep connected to Verizon LTE.

Yes, it includes unlimited international texting.

Apple Watches don’t support cellular roaming. You’d have to connect them to Wi-Fi, or to your iPhone that’s either roaming or itself connected to Wi-Fi.

I recommend asking a customer service rep about all this.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I do not have the AT&T Unlimited Elite phone plan. My phone is on the Verizon Do More Unlimited plan, and because it comes with 50% off a connected device plan, my cellular Apple Watch only costs $5/month to keep connected to Verizon LTE.

Yes, it includes unlimited international texting.

Apple Watches donít support cellular roaming. Youíd have to connect them to Wi-Fi, or to your iPhone thatís either roaming or itself connected to Wi-Fi.

I recommend asking a customer service rep about all this.
    Thanks Vivian. With regards to the AT&T Unlimited Tablet Plan, how easy is it to get it at a store? You mentioned that not all store reps are aware of this plan. I don't know where to start if this isn't commonly known.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It was extremely easy. No hassle at all. You just have to bring the iPad and a form of identification that can be used for a soft credit check.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It was extremely easy. No hassle at all. You just have to bring the iPad and a form of identification that can be used for a soft credit check.
    Why do I have to bring the iPad with me? Don't they just give me the simcard after passing the credit check?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You bring the iPad with you so that they can get the IMEI and so they can make sure it activates successfully. You might be able to just bring the IMEI, but I’ve never tried that and I don’t recommend it because it’s not worth risking a wasted trip.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You bring the iPad with you so that they can get the IMEI and so they can make sure it activates successfully. You might be able to just bring the IMEI, but Iíve never tried that and I donít recommend it because itís not worth risking a wasted trip.
    What if I change iPads in the future? I tend to upgrade my iPad every other year.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It doesn’t matter. When you move SIM cards to a new device, the new IMEI is automatically detected and logged by the network.

Also like I said, you really should just ask a customer service rep this stuff

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I shrank the image resolution because HoFo has a limit on how many MB of attachments one can upload. The plan is called ďAT&T Unlimited for Tablet,Ē but to my knowledge, AT&T doesnít care if people move a tablet SIM card into a cellular laptop. (A cellular hotspot is a different story.) I would be shocked if you activated this plan in a cellular tablet, moved the SIM to your cellular laptop, and faced any negative consequences whatsoever.

Data-only unlimited plans are now all permanently deprioritized, regardless of whether itís a standalone plan like mine or an add-on to an AT&T Unlimited Your Way phone line. Iím not sure whether people on older unlimited data phone plans can still add data-only lines that have prioritized data. The rumor is that this standalone version of the Unlimited Your Way tablet add-on plan was made to accommodate people whose accounts already had the maximum 10 lines, but other than whether the plan is standalone, Iím unaware of any feature differences. Both $20/month data-only unlimited plans are eligible for discounts and come with free unlimited roaming in Canada and Mexico plus eligibility for AT&T International Day Pass.

AT&T International Day Pass is $10/day for one line and $5/day/line for each additional line, and the charges are capped at 10 days per billing cycle. Therefore youíre looking at a cost of $20/day for overseas unlimited data for your phone, iPad, and laptop, capped at a cost of $200/month. While that would certainly be more convenient, I recommend against it unless you really do need unlimited international data. Youíd probably get much more value for your money by bringing an unlocked mobile hotspot device with you, activating a local data plan in the hotspot, and running all three devices from its Wi-Fi; alternatively, if you donít have or want to use a dedicated mobile hotspot device, you could use your iPadís Personal Hotspot feature. You could do so via a local SIM card you attain at your destinations, or you could activate on the iPadís eSIM an international plan ahead of time. GigSky, for example, has a 5 GB worldwide data plan for $59.99.
    Vivian, I'm sorry for bumping this thread. In another thread, people are saying that the current version of the unlimited iPad data plan doesn't include free roaming in Canada and Mexico. Is this true? 'Your screenshot shows free roaming in Canada and Mexico, but I don't know if it's the current version or you have a grandfathered version of the plan?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I do have the newest version of the plan, but because of the pandemic I haven’t traveled at all since early 2020, so I can’t personally attest to the veracity of its being advertised as including Canada & Mexico roaming.
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...1#post17190931

I don’t see why AT&T wouldn’t support Canada & Mexico roaming. As I recall, they have business ties that make it financially easy for them to offer roaming throughout continental North America.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3