Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: at&t Unlimited Elite to Match Magenta Max

Feedback Score

at&t Unlimited Elite to Match Magenta Max

1 line Magenta Max $85 taxes/fees included Unlimited priority data, 40 GB hotspot, 4K video
    1 line Elite Unlimited $85 plus taxes/fees Unlimited priority data, 40 GB hotspot 4K video
    1 lines Get More Unlimited $90 plus taxes and fees, 50 GB premium data, 30 GB hotspot, 720p video

Anyone interested in this level of plan that has equal service level of either T-Mobile or at&t or both that stays with Verizon is kind of stupid. Unless Verizon changes something Q3 is going to look really bad especially if at&t decides to improve their other 2 unlimited plans

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    1 line Magenta Max $85 taxes/fees included Unlimited priority data, 40 GB hotspot, 4K video
    1 line Elite Unlimited $85 plus taxes/fees Unlimited priority data, 40 GB hotspot 4K video
    1 lines Get More Unlimited $90 plus taxes and fees, 50 GB premium data, 30 GB hotspot, 720p video

Anyone interested in this level of plan that has equal service level of either T-Mobile or at&t or both that stays with Verizon is kind of stupid. Unless Verizon changes something Q3 is going to look really bad especially if at&t decides to improve their other 2 unlimited plans
    Yeah it's nice to see att do this. Puts their plan and tmobiles plan in a good spot if coverage works.

Verizon seems to have some decent prepaid plans but their postpaid I havent liked in a while. I like their mm wave where they have it but still won't use their postpaid at the current rates

Sent from my moto g(7) power using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Verizon probably can’t match unlimited prioritized data, but they could try undercutting T-Mobile and AT&T on price. (Yes, it’s a cold day in Hell.) Perhaps by reducing the cost of Get More by $10/month.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    ooooo!!! Might be time to switch!

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Very tempted to switch. Verizon must be feeling the heat now.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    Verizon probably canít match unlimited prioritized data, but they could try undercutting T-Mobile and AT&T on price. (Yes, itís a cold day in Hell.) Perhaps by reducing the cost of Get More by $10/month.
    IMO about the only thing I can see Verizon doing that wonít hurt the network too bad right now (till c-band is live anyways) is maybe bumping up the hotspot from 30 to 40GB. Not everyone uses the hotspot feature so I donít think the extra 10 GB would cause much strain on the network. Until c-band and CBRS is more widely deployed I donít see the 50GB cap jumping to much.

I highly doubt it would happen but It could be possible (but extremely unlikely) that Verizon could come out with a plan that is above get more for another 10 bucks that had a higher priority level like QCI 7 or something. Verizon does like having those high priced plans with higher margins so anything is possible.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    Verizon probably canít match unlimited prioritized data, but they could try undercutting T-Mobile and AT&T on price. (Yes, itís a cold day in Hell.) Perhaps by reducing the cost of Get More by $10/month.
    That would undercut at&t but still be about $5 more than T-Mobile when you take into account taxes and fees are included. Also that would make it the same price at Play/Do more so you'd have to cut those prices which means you'd have to cut the pricing of Start. To cut all plans by $10 a month would be about a $7 bil hit to Verizon per year. they'd actually be better off just offering taxes and fees included in the pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInPa View Post
    IMO about the only thing I can see Verizon doing that wonít hurt the network too bad right now (till c-band is live anyways) is maybe bumping up the hotspot from 30 to 40GB. Not everyone uses the hotspot feature so I donít think the extra 10 GB would cause much strain on the network. Until c-band and CBRS is more widely deployed I donít see the 50GB cap jumping to much.
    You'd think offering a mere 10 GB of premium data on Start wouldn't hurt the network or offing 600 kbps hotspot on Start wouldn't hurt the network either but Verizon has seen fit Start doesn't get either of these.

How many people are going over 50 GB and how many of those get hit immediately with deprioritization or within 100 GB or even 200 GB? If you use 200 GB but never get depried, then raising it to 100 or 200 GB won't matter. If you go over 50 GB and immediately get hit then sure giving people say 200 GB might make things worse but how many people would that really be? Not many. Verizon said it hopes to have 30% on premium unlimited by the end of 2021. I suspect most of those will be on on Play or Do More. So maybe at best 10% on Get More. Verizon has 90 million consumer postpaid phone lines so 10% would be 9 million. How many of those would actually be using more than 50 GB? At best another 10%? So about 900K? Let's round that up to 1 million. 1 million spread over the entire US is that really going to impact the network? You want to mitigate that a bit? Then kill off gUDP then

If they raise Get More to 100 GB it's an improvement but matches the others' middle plans. And believe me the other 2 will point this out. Raising it to 150 GB would make it better than those and you can also make the case no reasonable person will use more than 150 GB on their phone in a month. Also raise hotpot to 40 GB as you said to match. And offer at least 1080p streaming. Yes the others will point out that 4K is better than 1080p. But once again no reasonable person can tell the difference. The point is less about convincing others to come to Verizon but keeping current customers. Comparing current Get More to the others, making the decision to switch is really a no brainer for many. However a person currently on Get Met more getting their data increased from 50-150GB getting an extra 10 GB hotpot and getting 1080p video makes switching less desirable especially since a lot of people really consider that process to be a pain in the ***.

I highly doubt it would happen but It could be possible (but extremely unlikely) that Verizon could come out with a plan that is above get more for another 10 bucks that had a higher priority level like QCI 7 or something. Verizon does like having those high priced plans with higher margins so anything is possible.
    Why would anyone get a Verion plan that is like Magenta Max or Unlimited Elite for $100 month when they can get those other plans for less?

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Why would anyone get a Verion plan that is like Magenta Max or Unlimited Elite for $100 month when they can get those other plans for less?
    What do you mean? People already do it now. Verizon has always been The most expensive carrier. Verizon has no problems branding themselves as a premium carrier and charges customers accordingly. As you pointed out get more is already the most expensive carrier plan. Verizon also already has a $10 add on for premium streaming (Iím sure not everyone buys this but Iím sure some do so there is your 100 bucks). Also I can see people that have congestion issues pay an additional fee for a higher priority.

If Verizon can find more ways to charge users for a more ďpremiumĒ experience I can see them doing so.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 8T, Apple iPad Air 4th Gen (WiFi), Apple iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon Prepaid, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    What do you mean? People already do it now. Verizon has always been The most expensive carrier. Verizon has no problems branding themselves as a premium carrier and charges customers accordingly. As you pointed out get more is already the most expensive carrier plan. Verizon also already has a $10 add on for premium streaming (Iím sure not everyone buys this but Iím sure some do so there is your 100 bucks). Also I can see people that have congestion issues pay an additional fee for a higher priority.

If Verizon can find more ways to charge users for a more ďpremiumĒ experience I can see them doing so.

Then why operate an increasingly popular low-cost sub brand (Visible) and attempt to buy another one (TracFone)?

Verizon isn't being very logical on their 'being a premium' priorities.

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    Then why operate an increasingly popular low-cost sub brand (Visible) and attempt to buy another one (TracFone)?

Verizon isn't being very logical on their 'being a premium' priorities.

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk
    Thatís probably why. They can operate one company with higher plan profit margins and have the other companies for the lower profit margin plans.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 8T, Apple iPad Air 4th Gen (WiFi), Apple iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon Prepaid, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score

at&t Unlimited Elite to Match Magenta Max

Thatís probably why. They can operate one company with higher plan profit margins and have the other companies for the lower profit margin plans.

The problem with this, however, is that there are few differences between the VZW companies w.r.t. service quality. Several higher cost plans having similar data priority and related congestion as the budget brands, and the budget brands having higher level service like 5G and priority data. Even things like financing and insurance are being done without much effort on budget brands.

Most companies distinguish higher priced offerings with something value-added and Verizon isnít doing that. They are only relying on customersí flaw of idling/complacency. That is similar to how cable companies operated for decades, but eventually people learn and churn goes up.

Verizon, I suspect, will have to follow suit sooner than they want to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    What do you mean? People already do it now. Verizon has always been The most expensive carrier. Verizon has no problems branding themselves as a premium carrier and charges customers accordingly.
    Yea back then Verizon could say they had by far the best network so the premium was worth it. Verizon can't say that now. Hubris is going to be their downfall

Device(s)
    Iphone Xs, Ipad Pro 11"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    If you are a big streamer, then I see the pull with the att/T-Mobile plans. Until the others offer more with their plans (Apple music, streaming bundles, etc) for me, with the verizon credit card (and the discounts I get each month) it is still cheaper with verizon compared to the others. I know for some that don’t use those verizon isn’t as much of a draw, but I think for many those “perks” will keep people on verizon even if they are “paying more”

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yea back then Verizon could say they had by far the best network so the premium was worth it. Verizon can't say that now. Hubris is going to be their downfall
    This all comes down to where the actual customer is at. Verizon (and all carriers) all perform very differently in different parts of the country. There are still areas where Verizon is the best carrier of all and areas where it isnít. National titles and scores donít matter if you donít get proper service where you live (for any carrier).

T-Mobiles ultra capacity is definitely fast and sounds great but it does me personally no good of I canít get any t-mobile service inside several buildings I work in. Same goes for AT&T, the network enhancements the have made with FirstNet over the last few years are amazing but I still have some problems with in building coverage. Overall where I live, work, and play Verizon works the best for my needs so to me they are still a premium service and I have no problem paying for it. So it all comes down to the end user.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ckoch125 View Post
    If you are a big streamer, then I see the pull with the att/T-Mobile plans. Until the others offer more with their plans (Apple music, streaming bundles, etc) for me, with the verizon credit card (and the discounts I get each month) it is still cheaper with verizon compared to the others. I know for some that donít use those verizon isnít as much of a draw, but I think for many those ďperksĒ will keep people on verizon even if they are ďpaying moreĒ
    Yup, everyone has different needs, they use their phone differently, and has different areas with different coverage. All three carriers are very close so itís great that people have different options for carriers depending on where and how they use their phones.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast