Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Net10 hotspot refills - any advice?

Feedback Score

Net10 hotspot refills - any advice?

Hi all!
    I am new to net10 (but familiar with Tracfone for many years).

I have just ordered the net10 hotspot off ebay with 1 year / 10GB of service.

Now I am wondering if there are any tricks / coupon codes / etc. That will help keep the cost down when refilling and/or adding data.

I am aware of the holy scroll of codes on Turk forums - is there such a thing for net10?

The best I have seen so far in terms of adding data is 10GB for $50, so $5/GB from bestbuy:
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/net10-5...?skuId=6414945

Is there a better (less expensive) route?

Also, I think there is some sort of rewards program, is that worth it? Is there a quick and easy to understand way that summarizes how that works somewhere?

Thanks a lot!!

Feedback Score
    The rewards program is essentially the same as Tracfone, but with different rewards available due to Net10 plans being different. Anecdotally I've had fewer issues with my Net10 rewards as opposed to Tracfone ("Try again tomorrow" type things.) I'm not sure what they offer for hot spots though; I only see smart phone plans when I look at redeeming points. I'd definitely recommend signing up when you activate to get the 7000 points in case they end up being useful. I've earned 5800 points in 4 months, YMMV.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto G6, Moto E5 Play, ZTE F160, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Freedompop, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    According to member pitflyer, in this other thread: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...Moxee-Hot-Spot
    you may be able to use a referral code to get rewards points.

Feedback Score
    Yup, that's what I was told but haven't verified myself. If you get a referral code, please try to enter it into your net10 account and you should hopefully see up to 8k points pending. Please let us know!

Feedback Score
    Thanks!
    I did create an account, but how do I get a referral code, and where exactly would I enter it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    According to member pitflyer, in this other thread: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...Moxee-Hot-Spot
    you may be able to use a referral code to get rewards points.
    I actually did find where I can enter the referral code.
    pitflyer, if you want to send me yours (private message), I can enter it.

Feedback Score
    I appreciate the offer FT_VZW but I'm not yet a Net10 member. There may be a Hofo Gold member (they are the only ones allowed to post their referral codes) that may be able to give you one, or if you just google 'ebay net 10 referral code' I see plenty (can't vouch if any of them are good, though). Please do report back after you enter a code if you see 8000 pending points in your account, as I am interested in doing the same thing down the road.

The Net10 Hotspot you got is on Verizon, right? I also wonder (but kind of doubt) if Net10 will unlock the hotspot after a year.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto G6, Moto E5 Play, ZTE F160, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Freedompop, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Here's a FAQ for Net10 Rewards and Referrals: https://rewards.net10wireless.com/ho...ut?language=en

Feedback Score
    Sent you a PM with a referral code. My first referral, so probably 5,000 points.

Feedback Score
    Weird, neither the device nor the net10 app show the correct data that's left.
    Maybe it will update, I activated the device this morning?

Online seems to be correct.

Feedback Score
    You can buy refill cards from Target, with their store card (credit or debit) it'll be 5% off.

Feedback Score
    Referral gave me 6,000 points.

Feedback Score
    Must have picked a referral from someone who hasn't maxed out yet, as all TracFone brands work on a sliding scale (starting at 5k, ending at 8k). But at least you got the points and hopefully in a couple of months they will be available for you to get some more free data service!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    Must have picked a referral from someone who hasn't maxed out yet, as all TracFone brands work on a sliding scale (starting at 5k, ending at 8k). But at least you got the points and hopefully in a couple of months they will be available for you to get some more free data service!
    The points were actually available as of last night, I think I can redeem them right now if I wanted to. They were only in "pending" status for a few hours.

Edit: never mind, my points are still pending. It's just not 100% clear until I go to the rewards program page.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the report, FT_VZW ! I haven't seen too much info about the Net10 Rewards Program. If you think of it, let us know if hotspot-specific refills are available with rewards points. (I think you may be able to see this even while your points are still pending.)
    My Tello referral code is P3BSR5HV, and gets both of us 10 Tello Dollars to pay for a plan.
    https://tello.com/account/register?_referral=P3BSR5HV

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast