Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Verizon wins Rootmetrics, AT&T super close, T-Mobile still sucks.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Tello
    Feedback Score

Verizon wins Rootmetrics, AT&T super close, T-Mobile still sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Theghostlad82 View Post
    Expect it really doesn't look like "that". Take away all the "fair" coverage areas and it looks remarkably closer to the first map.

As far as the "head start" D.T. has owned tmus for 20 years. They had every opportunity to invest in tmus in the early years as well. They chose not to. This can't be used as an excuse.
    T-Mobile was saddled with 1900MHz spectrum that required 4 times the tower density as Verizon and AT&T’s 850MHz until they got 700MHz B12 in 2014 (AWS wasn’t enough of an improvement to address the density issue). There was never a chance for them to be able to catch up because it wasn’t a level playing field. Now the ROI would be too low to even bother with rural areas when AT&T and Verizon already have robust network there that everyone is using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Verizon wins Rootmetrics, AT&T super close, T-Mobile still sucks.

I'd rather have at&t hspa than tmobiles no coverage. The number 1 complaint about tmobile is STILL coverage. Still. After all these years, all these promises, all these people trying to b.s. people on forums saying they somehow have this magic tmobile Sim card that never drops service anywhere!!!! After all that, their number 1 complaint is STILL coverage, but hey, you can get that 3rd line free and a free pink towel every Tuesday.
    I have heard coverage complaints about T-Mobile on this board but it’s usually the same 2 guys over and over and over again.

🤤

People come to HoFo for information. We should all strive to help one another even if it means recommending a service that doesn’t suit out individual specific needs.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Sure you haven't, I'm sure you have one of those magic tmobile Sims, that never lose coverage. Hey, I live by Columbus we could meet up one day and I can show you all the areas of no coverage all throughout Ohio tmobile has and just how inaccurate their map is. I'll even bring my at&t and Verizon lines along with me so you can show me just how much better tmobile really is. Feel free to shoot me a pm when you want to be proven wrong. enjoy your free pink towel, maybe they will give you 2 for being such a good customer
    If T-Mobile did not work as well as it does for me (at 105GB of data usage so far, two days left in the cycle).. I would not use them. plain and simple.

I know i've swapped over 30 people in the last two years and they seem to like T-Mobile as much as I do.. and i'm from rural Ohio, as are they..

Again, dump that Sprint account/SIM card then you'll be on a real GSM network and know what it's like

Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    I have heard coverage complaints about T-Mobile on this board but it’s usually the same 2 guys over and over and over again.

��

You cannot have logic with those people. If T-Mobile was truly that bad, then their net customers added and churn would show it.. but clearly they're doing something right.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT$T: $50 Unlimited Elite Prepaid promo (for more “rural” areas)

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    You cannot have logic with those people. If T-Mobile was truly that bad, then their net customers added and churn would show it.. but clearly they're doing something right.
    QFT

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
    T-Mobile was saddled with 1900MHz spectrum that required 4 times the tower density as Verizon and AT&T’s 850MHz until they got 700MHz B12 in 2014 (AWS wasn’t enough of an improvement to address the density issue). There was never a chance for them to be able to catch up because it wasn’t a level playing field. Now the ROI would be too low to even bother with rural areas when AT&T and Verizon already have robust network there that everyone is using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They weren't "saddled" with anything. They could of bid in the 2008 auction for 700 spectrum, they chose not to. Again, they were owned by Deutsche Telekom, one of the largest wireless carriers in the world. D.T. chose not to invest in the u.s. brand, that was their choice. They weren't "saddled" at all with anything, they made the choice they didn't want anything more, until the failed at&t merger and D.T. saw they couldn't sell to at&t and couldn't sell to Verizon, so they had to do something. They then tried to make themselves more attractive for sprint to buy them, and by most accounts had a deal in place, but feared regulators would block it. D.T. has never really been actually interested in making tmus have an equal network, but, they are interested in driving up it's value by making it appear they will, in just a few years. There whole mantra has been "just wait" for 7 years now. It will stay that way for around another 3 when d.t. finally dumps them for that big payday.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If T-Mobile did not work as well as it does for me (at 105GB of data usage so far, two days left in the cycle).. I would not use them. plain and simple.

I know i've swapped over 30 people in the last two years and they seem to like T-Mobile as much as I do.. and i'm from rural Ohio, as are they..

Again, dump that Sprint account/SIM card then you'll be on a real GSM network and know what it's like

They have the highest postpaid churn in the industry and take in the least amount of revenue, meaning people don't view their service as worth paying a premium for, they'll pay tmobiles cheap prices and deal with coverage issues, they'll take their free lines and deal with coverage issues, but, if TMobile charged more, they'd likely walk.

so is that a no? You don't want to prove how great TMobile is? I got a TMobile line as well, you can show me all these great areas of TMobile and how that magic sim works. I guarantee I have more accounts and lines than you do on more carriers. So trying to act like I am somehow beneath you because you have tmobile won't work. I could bring up all you've said you have had is some cheap Sprint account and tmobile and assume you must be credit challenged, but, I'm not you.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post

People come to HoFo for information. We should all strive to help one another even if it means recommending a service that doesn’t suit out individual specific needs.

Reddit is available as well....go tell me if it's the same 2 people posting coverage issues there......

Who is usually defending TMobile though are the same 2 people...with their stories of magic sims that never lose service, even when other people in the same area say they are stretching the truth.......think some people need to disclose if they receive any income from TMobile before they try to defend them. You know, how like on Instagram people need to disclose if it's a paid advertisment or not.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    All I can say is when I worked for Sprint... I had a $0/mo phone that I still refused to use and kept T-Mobile.. and was regularly asked by co workers to use my T-Mobile hotspot because the Sprint data service was unusable inside of the Sprint owned building I worked at.. talk about magic

And again, if your claims (and the cesspit that is reddit) were true.. then the churn would show Verizon and AT&T massively gaining subscribers.. but the numbers just do not back up your rhetoric.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    All I can say is when I worked for Sprint... I had a $0/mo phone that I still refused to use and kept T-Mobile.. and was regularly asked by co workers to use my T-Mobile hotspot because the Sprint data service was unusable inside of the Sprint owned building I worked at.. talk about magic

And again, if your claims (and the cesspit that is reddit) were true.. then the churn would show Verizon and AT&T massively gaining subscribers.. but the numbers just do not back up your rhetoric.
    Verizon and at&t combined did outgain tmobile.........and tmobile still has the highest postpaid churn in the industry......but, as tmobile says, just wait, I'm sure the network will be good, one day.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Verizon and at&t combined did outgain tmobile.........
    Combined of course, i'd be very concerned if combined they did not pull that off.... but separately, nah..

But hey.. I hear Visible has a great $5 eSIM promo for those of you unhappy.. I'm sure T-Mobile would be upset to loose a Sprint customer keeping them from re-farming the spectrum they need for the combined network. https://www.visible.com/

Then you can experience a truly congested experience on Verizon.. you'll be back in a month, two tops.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Combined of course.. but separately, nah..

But hey.. I hear Visible has a great $5 eSIM promo for those of you unhappy.. I'm sure T-Mobile would be upset to loose a Sprint customer keeping them from re-farming the spectrum they need for the combined network. https://www.visible.com/
    You worked for sprint....trying to act like you have money won't work with me, as I said, I guarantee I have more lines on more carriers than you do, I'm willing to even go with you test them out. Of course though you won't, because you don't want to be proven false. I'll even drive and pay for the gas. Shoot I'll even buy you lunch, bring a friend, bring 2, heck bring 3.
    Someone who needs free lines and free pink towels to shill second rate cell service doesn't need to act like they actually have money. Then they try to talk about their parents cabins. Lol how's service by daddy's and mommy's? Lol

Of course combined, more people choose to not use tmobile than to use tmobile.

Tmobile, the just wait network, for the next 20 years.. just wait.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    You worked for sprint....trying to act like you have money won't work with me, as I said, I guarantee I have more lines on more carriers than you do, I'm willing to even go with you test them out. Of course though you won't, because you don't want to be proven false. I'll even drive and pay for the gas. Shoot I'll even buy you lunch, bring a friend, bring 2, heck bring 3.
    Someone who needs free lines and free pink towels to shill second rate cell service doesn't need to act like they actually have money. Then they try to talk about their parents cabins. Lol how's service by daddy's and mommy's? Lol

Of course combined, more people choose to not use tmobile than to use tmobile.

Tmobile, the just wait network, for the next 20 years.. just wait.
    I've worked for T-Mobile, Sprint, and verizon doing various roles from sales to engineering once my degree was done.. and i'm now a pilot.. If you want to go down that route.. we can.. but i've been there, done that.. and can tell you the "mine is bigger than yours" debate will not end well for you.

Again, you're always free to vote with your wallet and go elsewhere, which has been my point the whole time.. if they do not work for you.. why complain? take your money elsewhere and be done with it

BUT from my experience with sprint customers.. they'll complain, and deal (just like they did with sprint's terrible network) just because the plan is slightly cheaper than they could get somewhere else (or because T-Mobile, AT&T and/or Verizon want an $500-800 deposit/phone down payment from them)

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've worked for T-Mobile, Sprint, and verizon doing various roles from sales to engineering once my degree was done.. and i'm now a pilot.. If you want to go down that route.. we can.. but i've been there, done that.. and can tell you the "mine is bigger than yours" debate will not end well for you.

Again, you're always free to vote with your wallet and go elsewhere.

BUT from my experience with sprint customers.. they'll complain, and deal (just like they did with sprint's terrible network) just because the plan is slightly cheaper than they could get somewhere else (or because T-Mobile, AT&T and/or Verizon want an $500-800 deposit/phone down payment from them)
    I think the "mine is bigger than yours" debate would end just fine for me. Flight attendants don't intimidate me with money, trust me. That's great for sprint customers, not a Sprint customer. Actually have 4 lines with tmobile (of course 2 are free, who would actually pay for 4 lines of service with tmobile??????)

Got 3 lines on Verizon with no down payment (boy your credit must suck that they want 800 from you....didn't pay off those student loans huh???, explains why you need your parents to stay by... ) got 3 on at&t, lemme know next time you're in Columbus, let's do some network testing.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    So again, you're still here going on to people do don't care.. and I clearly said Pilot ... I was FA for a while after leaving my engineering role that required 5-7 days a week in an office whilst finishing up my multi-engine certifications for the 737 and A320.. but even then had I stuck with that i'd have been making six figures topped out within a decade. See me working it how I did allowed me to be debt free to this day.. so I only have to work 6 or 9 days each month.. depending on how much I actually need to spend the next month.. I'm betting you cannot say that and i'm still work optional at 45.

complain, complain, complain.. the only way something you are truly unhappy with changes is if you actually bother to change it.. so take that account number and find something that does not make you want to consistently complain about it... but i'm betting you'd complain about them too.

Maybe try getting outside and doing something new, or maybe a hobby outside of tech?

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So again, you're still here going on to people do don't care..

complain, complain, complain.. the only way something you are truly unhappy with changes is if you actually bother to change it.. so take that account number and find something that does not make you want to consistently complain about it... but i'm betting you'd complain about them too.

Maybe try getting outside and doing something new, or maybe a hobby outside of tech?
    Can't wait for you to show me how great tmobile is in Columbus!!!! Lol can't wait to see how your sim gets service where every other tmobile sim gets no service. I'm looking forward to seeing voodoo magic up close!!!!! Do you do a chant? Wobbly wobbly wibbly boo? Something like that???

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast