Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Moto g power came with standard charging cord

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score

Moto g power came with standard charging cord

I bought a TF Moto g power from the eBay store with 1500min/and a year's service and when it came the charger cord wouldn't fit. Luckily I had a Moto Optimo Maxx and its cord fit.

I was told by someone that the cord that wouldn't fit wasn't a C cord but just a standard cord. They looked at it.

If anyone else has bought this particular Moto from TF's eBay store, have they had this happen? Mine was new in box.

I thought I'd post the info to warn that some of these phones may not come with the right cord.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/28419401226...wAAOSw55dgM-aX

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It is possible for this to happen. When packing the box, it could easily be confused with the wrong cord for the wrong device. Mistakes can happen, I doubt this was done on purpose. Normally, you take it to where you bought the phone and they usually swap it out with no trouble, although in this case I think you bought it online.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    This isn't a common problem. Glad you had solution.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.05.22
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.04.21

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    If you had just used the cord from the Optimo Maxx because it was already open you would have never discovered the mix up. Now you know you don`t have a spare.

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    If anyone else has bought this particular Moto from TF's eBay store, have they had this happen? Mine was new in box.
    I have a Moto G Power (2020) that I got from TF web site using reward points. I didn't use the cord that came with it because I have a power box with multiple cords for different devices. I just checked the cord in the package and it's a type C.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I have a Moto G Power (2020) that I got from TF web site using reward points. I didn't use the cord that came with it because I have a power box with multiple cords for different devices. I just checked the cord in the package and it's a type C.
    That's weird that I got the wrong one. I was thinking it was a mass factory mistake, meaning some people on the line were grabbing the wrong cords and packing them without realizing it and it wasn't caught before they shipped. If no other reports here of the wrong cord, I guess it was a rare fluke.

If I hadn't ordered the two Motos at the same time I wouldn't have had a way to charge the G and wouldn't have known why. It was someone who needed to borrow my C charger that told me what was wrong with the cord. I haven't bought a spare yet but I should. I have tons of the old type cords and just one C.

Sent from my LGL84VL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    If you had just used the cord from the Optimo Maxx because it was already open you would have never discovered the mix up. Now you know you don`t have a spare.
    I had opened both boxes and activated them the same day. I couldn't use the one cord so I just use the same charger for both. The ends looked different so I expected it was the wrong one but until someone with a phone that used a C cord looked at it, I didn't know for sure what the problem was.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    It is possible for this to happen. When packing the box, it could easily be confused with the wrong cord for the wrong device. Mistakes can happen, I doubt this was done on purpose. Normally, you take it to where you bought the phone and they usually swap it out with no trouble, although in this case I think you bought it online.
    I didn't bother telling TF that they shipped the wrong cord because it was so long afterwards that I found out it was the wrong one (as opposed to deformed). I will eventually get another to replace it.

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    I haven't bought a spare yet but I should. I have tons of the old type cords and just one C
    There are adapters to change the tip from the old micro-B to type C. You can buy on Ebay a pack of several adapters for a few bucks. I use them on several card readers that have the old tip.

Feedback Score
    I use the adapters as a matter of course. There's more room to work with. I get to keep using my favorite Belkins.

The cables that come with the phones are too short anyway.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    I use the adapters as a matter of course. There's more room to work with. I get to keep using my favorite Belkins.

The cables that come with the phones are too short anyway.
    Right, an adapter makes way more sense.

Feedback Score
    Right, an adapter makes way more sense.
    I have been using the microUSB to USB-C adapters for over a year. I have had no problem with them. I like the ones that have a short chain and clip and clip them to my cables. They are tiny little things and easily lost otherwise.

Did you get the big, high Watt, fast charger that is supposed to come with a Moto Power? I like them. They charge the Power very quickly.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I have been using the microUSB to USB-C adapters for over a year. I have had no problem with them. I like the ones that have a short chain and clip and clip them to my cables. They are tiny little things and easily lost otherwise.

Did you get the big, high Watt, fast charger that is supposed to come with a Moto Power? I like them. They charge the Power very quickly.
    Because they sent the wrong cord I assume the wall wart is for some other Moto. It's fairly small. The specs are by the plug prongs. To read those I would have to photograph the lettering and blow them up (that's how I usually read the specifications on power adapters). I just decided to use my Optimo Maxx block/cord and to retire the one that was wrong.

The clip on adapter sounds good. I use an Anker charging hub and could attach that to one of the cords.

Feedback Score
    You can look at an unboxing video and see what they show for the adapter. I have done this in the past.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    You can look at an unboxing video and see what they show for the adapter. I have done this in the past.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using HoFo mobile app

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast