Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AT&T in New Mexico

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Some of it is understandable, with highways running through narrow canyons that are pretty much impossible to cover because of line of sight issues.
    Funny you should mention that, along some of those highways in PA, the network AT&T inherited from Suncom did stuff like that, site aimed through the tunnels, in awkward locations on mountain sides to aim down and cover like 1 mile of highway, etc. I've had good VZW coverage in general, but going through the same areas on VZW they just have a site wherever so you go in and out of service in those stretches.
    Color me happy. After a week in the Red River/Taos area I can report that the AT&T situation has improved a lot.
    Good to hear AT&T built out there!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mwdewey View Post
    Color me happy. After a week in the Red River/Taos area I can report that the AT&T situation has improved a lot. One of our friends is an AT&T customer and he had full 4-bar signal in Red River the entire time with 100 Mbps data. According to a local official, AT&T built a new site to replace the old Commnet one that had been shut down, so this is good news.
    Congrats. Wow. AT&T seems to be improving coverage all over the country according to demand, from rural to urban markets.

If AT&T built one site and has their own backhaul, more sites will definitely follow. I have seen definite improvement in nationwide coverage by AT&T.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2