Thread: Red Pocket add extra voice minutes

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket 100/100/500 Verizon plan
    Feedback Score

Red Pocket add extra voice minutes

I have the $60 (360 day plan) and I needed more voice minutes.
    They charge $2.00 for (i think) 100 additional voice minutes
    Very reasonable.....
    BUT there is a additional $1.39 charge for ?? something ?? making it $3.39

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    That tax is unavoidable and ruins small top ups. It's a disadvantage of RP's annual plans. I am switching to Tello for that reason: you can upgrade or downgrade your plan at any time - with rollover. Tello is more per month than RP annual but less than RP monthly, so it is fair. However Tello will charge the same amount of tax.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    When my wife was on Red Pocket top-ups were $2.00; no tax or fees. I'm not sure if things have changed (last top-up was in 2019) or if it varies by state.

Feedback Score
    When I had to do do top ups occasionally when my wife was on the $99 plan, it changed from just the top up price to adding the 911 fee. I thought it was nonsensical as that monthly fee should have been paid as part of the plan already. I didn't think multiple fees was right. And what if multiple top ups were necessary? (Other than realizing it might not have been the right plan for that line!)
    I ended up changing plans, as my wife started texting a lot more. But I still don't understand why they would be required to charge that fee on top ups.

Sent from my moto g power using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cnypackerfan View Post
    When I had to do do top ups occasionally when my wife was on the $99 plan, it changed from just the top up price to adding the 911 fee. I thought it was nonsensical as that monthly fee should have been paid as part of the plan already. I didn't think multiple fees was right. And what if multiple top ups were necessary? (Other than realizing it might not have been the right plan for that line!)
    I ended up changing plans, as my wife started texting a lot more. But I still don't understand why they would be required to charge that fee on top ups.

[/URL]
    Depending on where you live, a lot of telecom taxes and fees are a fixed fee 'per transaction', and not 'per month of service'. You save money on an annual plan, because it pays those fees for one transaction only. When you buy an add-on for minutes/texts, it's a new taxable transaction.

I don't believe those states set it up intentionally to work that way-- they just failed to consider anything other than a standard monthly plan.
    My Tello referral code is P3BSR5HV, and gets both of us 10 Tello Dollars to pay for a plan.
    https://tello.com/account/register?_referral=P3BSR5HV