Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Never used Verizon before and need help

Feedback Score

Never used Verizon before and need help

I have fired up a TF Verizon sim in my Moto G6 Play. I ported in my number from Tello and added some airtime. But things are weird compared to "GSM" sims which just work.

The Network Signal Info app showed Data LTE and Voice that 1x thing, so I went into the hidden menu and switched on the VoLTE. OK, that seemed to work. The regular Settings added an LTE entry. But when I try to use Data and Voice at the same time, the LTE indicator disappears and the Voice goes back to 1x permanently. It also reverts even if I just make a plain phone call. Then I have to do the switch routine again (for nothing).

Also, I can call out, but incoming calls just bump over to a not available recording after trying for a few seconds.

Also, the Network Signal Info app shows a blank space instead of a band number.

Data is working.

I have restarted the phone many times.

Thank you.

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    The fact that voice and data don't work at the same time means your phone is not in VoLTE mode (despite the setting). That's because the APN setting is wrong. There are two possible APN names for a phone on TF/Verizon: TRACFONE.VZWENTP and VZWINTERNET (without the TRACFONE." prefix). Change it from one to another and SAVE it. May or may not need to reboot the phone.

Feedback Score
    I changed the apn to VZWINTERNET and the data quit working.

That's the only result.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    I changed the apn to VZWINTERNET and the data quit working.

That's the only result.
    OK. Then change it back to TRACFONE.VZWENTP and verify that Data works in 4G. Once that's confirmed, then we need to figure out why your calls are going through 3G instead of VoLTE.

Is the SIM a BYOP TF/VZW SIM or from a TF-branded phone?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Have you tried the *#*#4636#*#* code and see if the phone/SIM is VoLTE enabled?

Feedback Score
    I changed the apn back and data works now. The LTE indicator comes on and the Network Signal app concurs.

I can receive calls now but it's still 1x - 2G.

The phone is factory unlocked and using a BYOP sim that was supposed to have 500/500/500 on it but was blank.

By the way, when I bought some airtime to make the port-in work, the system showed 3x units in the buckets. But my dashboard is showing only 1x in reality. Also, I used the actual IMEI, not a fake one. So everything should be legitimate.

Maybe Verizon is pokey and things are slow getting settled. I'm not used to this.

Device(s)
    Moto G Stylus, Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Liberty Wireless, FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Just a thought. . . . You may have to call TracFone & have VoLTE turned on through Verizon. I've had to do that before when switching to Verizon.

Sent from my moto g stylus using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I did that, but the setting doesn't stick. As soon as I start a phone call, it shuts back off so it will go 1x.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Just a thought. . . . You may have to call TracFone & have VoLTE turned on through Verizon. I've had to do that before when switching to Verizon.
    I was dreading messing with CS, but I guess I will have to.

Device(s)
    Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Haven't heard of this code before, want to try it. How do I use the code?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    Haven't heard of this code before, want to try it. How do I use the code?
    Bring up the dialpad, then key in the code, you don't need to press SEND at the end. It works on some phones and not on some phones.

If it works, it'll show a Menu of: Phone Information, Usage Statistics, Wi-Fi Information, etc. Select Phone Information and it'll show a lot of stuff.

If it doesn't work, the screen will flash the information quickly then disappear.

Device(s)
    Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Bring up the dialpad, then key in the code, you don't need to press SEND at the end. It works on some phones and not on some phones.

If it works, it'll show a Menu of: Phone Information, Usage Statistics, Wi-Fi Information, etc. Select Phone Information and it'll show a lot of stuff.

If it doesn't work, the screen will flash the information quickly then disappear.
    Thanks, it works on the Stylus 2021. Shows all info, video calling isn't provisioned. Can I turn that on or would I need to contact TracFone?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    Shows all info, video calling isn't provisioned. Can I turn that on or would I need to contact TracFone?
    I don't know. Perhaps someone else knows.

Device(s)
    Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I have fired up a TF Verizon sim in my Moto G6 Play. I ported in my number from Tello and added some airtime. But things are weird compared to "GSM" sims which just work.

The Network Signal Info app showed Data LTE and Voice that 1x thing, so I went into the hidden menu and switched on the VoLTE. OK, that seemed to work. The regular Settings added an LTE entry. But when I try to use Data and Voice at the same time, the LTE indicator disappears and the Voice goes back to 1x permanently. It also reverts even if I just make a plain phone call. Then I have to do the switch routine again (for nothing).

Also, I can call out, but incoming calls just bump over to a not available recording after trying for a few seconds.

Also, the Network Signal Info app shows a blank space instead of a band number.

Data is working.

I have restarted the phone many times.

Thank you.
    Just a thought, may not work, but...Have you tried going into network settings, mobile network and changing the setting to LTE or LTE/CDMA?

Device(s)
    Moto G Stylus, Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Liberty Wireless, FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    I did that, but the setting doesn't stick. As soon as I start a phone call, it shuts back off so it will go 1x.
    That's exactly what happened to me until VoLTE was activated on my Verizon account.

Sent from my moto g stylus using HoFo mobile app

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast