Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Is visible phone same as bestbuy?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,019
    Feedback Score
    0

    Is visible phone same as bestbuy?

    Does anyone know if the visible Motorola moto e is the same unlocked Motorola moto e phone from bestbuy.com?

    Because it is $75 cheaper than bestbuy.com.

    Motorola moto e $75 visible.com
    Motorola moto e $149.99 bestbuy.com

    I think some forums say the visible phone might be locked until you activate it on visible but it unlocks as soon as activated on visible.

    So my second question is, is the visible phone unlocked?

    https://www.visible.com/shop/smartph...sku=PAJH0002US

    Motorola moto e
    SIM included | | Free next day shipping!
    Free year-long subscription to Calm
    Color: Midnight Blue

    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/motorol...?skuId=6411991

    Motorola - Moto E with 32GB Memory Cell Phone (Unlocked) - Midnight Blue
    Model:PAJH0002USSKU:6411991
    User rating, 4.3 out of 5 stars with 469 reviews.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,752
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by brad4cell View Post
    Does anyone know if the visible Motorola moto e is the same unlocked Motorola moto e phone from bestbuy.com?

    Because it is $75 cheaper than bestbuy.com.

    Motorola moto e $75 visible.com
    Motorola moto e $149.99 bestbuy.com

    I think some forums say the visible phone might be locked until you activate it on visible but it unlocks as soon as activated on visible.

    So my second question is, is the visible phone unlocked?

    https://www.visible.com/shop/smartph...sku=PAJH0002US

    Motorola moto e
    SIM included | | Free next day shipping!
    Free year-long subscription to Calm
    Color: Midnight Blue

    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/motorol...?skuId=6411991

    Motorola - Moto E with 32GB Memory Cell Phone (Unlocked) - Midnight Blue
    Model:PAJH0002USSKU:6411991
    User rating, 4.3 out of 5 stars with 469 reviews.
    Unless things have changed Visible Moto phones are not locked or otherwise customized. The ZTE Blade phones they sell are sort of an exception to that. They are not locked, but are crippled to only have Verizon LTE bands so they are useless except with Verizon.

    When I started I bought a Moto E6 from Visible. It appeared to be just a generic unlocked E6.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,019
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Unless things have changed Visible Moto phones are not locked or otherwise customized. The ZTE Blade phones they sell are sort of an exception to that. They are not locked, but are crippled to only have Verizon LTE bands so they are useless except with Verizon.

    When I started I bought a Moto E6 from Visible. It appeared to be just a generic unlocked E6.
    Thanks that is really good if it is the same at a $75 discount.

    I wonder if you might know the answer to this other question about the Motorola moto e.

    I currently have the unlocked moto e4 and you have the e6 which is newer.

    Well, the Motorola moto e does not have a number but seems to be a new phone with good reviews.

    So is the Motorola moto e a new phone but they just did not put a number in front like the others?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,395
    Feedback Score
    0
    He said he did not know.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

    Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.05.22
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.04.21

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,019
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    He said he did not know.
    Thanks, from the article below and found the new moto e came out 2020.

    They just dropped using the number after the 'e'.

    Motorola Moto E (2020) and Moto G Fast review: smartphone basics on a budget
    https://www.theverge.com/21286687/mo...specs-features
    Last edited by brad4cell; 07-19-2021 at 01:21 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,752
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by brad4cell View Post
    Thanks that is really good if it is the same at a $75 discount.

    I wonder if you might know the answer to this other question about the Motorola moto e.

    I currently have the unlocked moto e4 and you have the e6 which is newer.

    Well, the Motorola moto e does not have a number but seems to be a new phone with good reviews.

    So is the Motorola moto e a new phone but they just did not put a number in front like the others?
    I also have a Moto E. To differentiate it some refer to it as Moto E (2020). It's not the same as an E6. It's slightly larger. The battery is not removable. It's noticeably a bit faster than an E6. It has 2 GB RAM, but upgraded storage to 32 GB. The USB port is micro. And it has a fingerprint sensor on the back. Like all low end Motos, it does not have NFC or wireless charging. It's a nice phone for its price range.

    HSN had sent me a $20 off eCoupon so I got it as a Tracfone bundle for $40 net to use as my bundle phone next year. I don't need the phones, but the bundle is cheaper than buying just service time and units.

    Hopefully Verizon buying Tracfone won't mess up my bundle deals, especially the one I have already bought, but need to wait until January 2022 to activate. Waiting until Jan. 2022 is because that is when I should be able to unlock the E6 and transfer its units to the E (2020).

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,019
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I also have a Moto E. To differentiate it some refer to it as Moto E (2020). It's not the same as an E6. It's slightly larger. The battery is not removable. It's noticeably a bit faster than an E6. It has 2 GB RAM, but upgraded storage to 32 GB. The USB port is micro. And it has a fingerprint sensor on the back. Like all low end Motos, it does not have NFC or wireless charging. It's a nice phone for its price range.

    HSN had sent me a $20 off eCoupon so I got it as a Tracfone bundle for $40 net to use as my bundle phone next year. I don't need the phones, but the bundle is cheaper than buying just service time and units.

    Hopefully Verizon buying Tracfone won't mess up my bundle deals, especially the one I have already bought, but need to wait until January 2022 to activate. Waiting until Jan. 2022 is because that is when I should be able to unlock the E6 and transfer its units to the E (2020).
    Thanks for the info on the Moto E (2020). I prefer a removable battery but it probably makes little difference because by the time the battery dies I will need a new phone. However, the micro USB port is a little disappointing because you would expect USB-C by now. I never use the finger print so don't care about that. I doubt I would use NFC. Wireless charging might have been nice to have but I guess I can live without it.

    I was also considering the Moto one 5G uw ace but it cost $288 and don't think I need 5G now. I think in a year or more I will get a 5G phone when they are around $100.

    I would assume Verizon will honor the Tracfone deals.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,019
    Feedback Score
    0
    I got the phone.
    The phone is xt2052-1 moto e.
    As far as I can tell it seems to be unlocked.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    110
    Feedback Score
    0
    Not personal knowledge but a guess : The visible phone will not be bootloader unlockable, the Best buy will be.

    Sent from my SM-T810 using HoFo mobile app

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,752
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by brad4cell View Post
    I got the phone.
    The phone is xt2052-1 moto e.
    As far as I can tell it seems to be unlocked.
    Are you trying Visible? I tried it an liked it, but decided I did not need unlimited enough to pay $25 a month.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,019
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Are you trying Visible? I tried it an liked it, but decided I did not need unlimited enough to pay $25 a month.
    I had boost unlimited 50 plan for promo deal of 25.

    I like the plan but I need more hotspot.

    My data has been slow for over 2 weeks so that caused me to change.

    I am waiting to port so can't activate the phone yet.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,752
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by brad4cell View Post
    I had boost unlimited 50 plan for promo deal of 25.

    I like the plan but I need more hotspot.

    My data has been slow for over 2 weeks so that caused me to change.

    I am waiting to port so can't activate the phone yet.
    Yes, the unlimited hotspot with Visible is really nice even with the 5 Mbps throttle. While trying it, I ran my home on it for ~5 days. It worked ok to good, including streaming TV/video most of the day and night.

    On the Moto E you will most likely be limited to one device connected to the phone hotspot. There are easy ways around that with a bit of additional hardware. The easiest, if you have a Win 10 notebook, is to connect the notebook to the phone hotspot by Wifi or USB, then enable Mobile Hotspot on the notebook. That gets you 8 more device connections. Fiddling the notebook TTL to 65 might even bypass the 5 Mbps throttle. The other way involves running it through a router. A little, cheap GL-iNet Mango or Slate travel router works well for that.

    I imagine you know that Visible data is highly deprioritized. It can be unusably slow if you are on a congested cell. I wasn't and don't travel around much so it wasn't a problem for me.

    Your review of it with travels would be interesting.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,019
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Yes, the unlimited hotspot with Visible is really nice even with the 5 Mbps throttle. While trying it, I ran my home on it for ~5 days. It worked ok to good, including streaming TV/video most of the day and night.

    On the Moto E you will most likely be limited to one device connected to the phone hotspot. There are easy ways around that with a bit of additional hardware. The easiest, if you have a Win 10 notebook, is to connect the notebook to the phone hotspot by Wifi or USB, then enable Mobile Hotspot on the notebook. That gets you 8 more device connections. Fiddling the notebook TTL to 65 might even bypass the 5 Mbps throttle. The other way involves running it through a router. A little, cheap GL-iNet Mango or Slate travel router works well for that.

    I imagine you know that Visible data is highly deprioritized. It can be unusably slow if you are on a congested cell. I wasn't and don't travel around much so it wasn't a problem for me.

    Your review of it with travels would be interesting.
    I can live with one connection.

    Boost was often slow so I doubt visible could be as slow.

    I was getting 3G on boost for a week with speeds 120 kbps and it took a week before I noticed something was wrong because I often get slow speeds but this was slower than usual.

    The unusually slow speeds of 120 kpbs or slower is what pushed me to change plans to visible.

    On boost I was lucky to get 1 mbps when it was working normally. Sometimes I did get over 8 mbps but that usually would not be for a long time. I think the fasted speed I ever got was around 15 mbps but only for short periods of time.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,894
    Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Tello
    Feedback Score
    0

    Is visible phone same as bestbuy?

    Quote Originally Posted by brad4cell View Post
    I can live with one connection.

    Boost was often slow so I doubt visible could be as slow.

    I was getting 3G on boost for a week with speeds 120 kbps and it took a week before I noticed something was wrong because I often get slow speeds but this was slower than usual.

    The unusually slow speeds of 120 kpbs or slower is what pushed me to change plans to visible.

    On boost I was lucky to get 1 mbps when it was working normally. Sometimes I did get over 8 mbps but that usually would not be for a long time. I think the fasted speed I ever got was around 15 mbps but only for short periods of time.
    FWIW I have seen Visible go that slow when Verizon’s network is really congested.

    Where I live, uploads are almost always sub-1Mbps too.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,019
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
    FWIW I have seen Visible go that slow when Verizon’s network is really congested.

    Where I live, uploads are almost always sub-1Mbps too.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think something is wrong with boost so it is not just congestion. I get normal speed when I changed location. It has been slow for over 2 weeks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2004, 10:31 PM
  2. Is SecureDigital the same as MMC?
    By DimeTech in forum Other Phones
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-02-2003, 10:21 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-27-2003, 05:48 PM
  4. Is this the same as a Data Cable?
    By Genia11 in forum Motorola
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-24-2003, 05:11 PM
  5. Bell is Bell the same as MTS(manitoba)
    By cst_SiR in forum Bell/Virgin/Lucky/Solo
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-09-2002, 02:40 AM

Bookmarks