Thread: Warning: Redpocket Activation Codes now expire after 90 days

Carrier(s)
    RedPocket GSMA & CDMA
    Feedback Score

Thumbs down Warning: Redpocket Activation Codes now expire after 90 days

Beware if you plan to pick up a Redpocket ebay or other plan, the activation codes now expire after 90 days. Nowhere on their redpocketstore listings does it say this, nowhere in the email with the activation code does it mention anything about 90 days. However their website now says it buried here: https://help.redpocket.com/hc/en-us/...-do-they-work-

Update: I did find it buried in the terms and conditions if you click around a while of their _current_ ebay listing. There was NO notice anywhere I would have actually seen it, purchased 12/7/20 - activation email just says 'save this for your records' etc. I understand more recent emails may have a warning on them now...

I found this out the hard way as a bought an ebay plan a while back on sale with the intention to hang on to it until my renewal date (since you can't renew early without losing all your existing service amounts), and now have an invalid code as verified by redpocket customer service.

They just directed me to 'contact their ebay store customer service', no other remedy, from which I've had no response thus far. $220 for a years service plan that is invalidated if not started within 90 days. Not cool.

/Curt
    Last edited by SendTheWolf; 07-21-2021 at 07:33 PM.

Feedback Score
    I am sorry for your loss. That's quite a bit of money. I wonder if they might be willing to make a one time exception.

This was actually discussed previously:

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...til-activatoin

Be sure to look under the TERMS AND CONDITIONS tab on eBay listings.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto G6, Moto E5 Play, ZTE F160, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Freedompop, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    My email from eBay - redpocketstore at the time of purchase in January contained this line:

"This code is valid for ninety (90) calendar days from your mailed kit's delivery date."

Sent from my Z5157V using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    It's been RP policy for quite a while now. But I do hope you get sorted OP.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.05.22
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.04.21

Feedback Score
    Online Product Purchases. All Devices and SIM Kits purchased online ("Online Product Purchases") are not intended for resale. Online Product Purchases are ineligible for refunds after thirty (30) calendar days from the order date. Online Product Purchases bundled with a service plan must be activated within ninety (90) calendar days of the order date. Any Online Product Purchases that are not activated by customers within ninety (90) calendar days of the order date may be rendered inactive and the bundled service plan expired

This is from the ebay listing, under terms and conditions. It's been this way for quite a while.
    But I agree, you shouldn't have to comb through every bit of fine print to find it.

Sent from my moto g power using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Xiaomi, Samsung, Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    As others have said this has been a policy for over a year. If you search the threads here you'll see it mentioned a few times.
    I know that doesn't soften the pain tho.

I had saved one for about 6 months before trying to use 2 ($60 each) and they both failed. During the chat with RP I was given the "you must contact the ebay seller" script. So I did and the seller kindly reactivated my pin. They explained that they only did this because of their "recent policy changes" and I should always keep this in mind.

I would keep trying with the seller tho. They did get your money for nothing afterall.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Mint, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    I think the policy has been 90 days for a few years now. When I signed up about 2.5 years ago it was already 90 days then. I read about the old one year policy from the old-timers when I was researching RP on SD.

Device(s)
    Moto G Stylus, Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Liberty Wireless, FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Not sure if something changed or the 90-day period does not apply to T-Mobile plans. Ordered the $30 annual plan and the SIM card says to activate by February 12th 2024.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Not sure if something changed or the 90-day period does not apply to T-Mobile plans. Ordered the $30 annual plan and the SIM card says to activate by February 12th 2024.
    That's the activation-by date for the T-Mo SIM card. It's not for the preloaded plan.

Feedback Score
    Idk seems confusing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Idk seems confusing.
    Agreed. I don't know why T-Mobile puts activate-by dates on their SIM cards, but they have for a long time. It definitely is confusing to people that buy multi-month preloaded plans that have to be activated in a relatively short period of time, like from Mint and Red Pocket.

Device(s)
    Moto G Stylus, Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Liberty Wireless, FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Agreed. I don't know why T-Mobile puts activate-by dates on their SIM cards, but they have for a long time. It definitely is confusing to people that buy multi-month preloaded plans that have to be activated in a relatively short period of time, like from Mint and Red Pocket.
    Thanks for the info. I can see how this may confuse someone too. They should leave off the expiration date.