Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dish Networks Investment Scam

Device(s)
    E815,XV6600,V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Dish Networks Investment Scam

So, Dish Networks has spectrum hoarded for years, https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...rding-spectrum , and after one or TWO decades still has no network https://rethinkresearch.biz/articles...ush-iot-plans/ on 700 Band E. So, I'll ask, who owns band 26? More squatted spectrum as TM gives up sprint site leases? Has Dish Networks ever hired a man with a hard hat to build LTE/NR tower? Is there any evidence of them paying blue collar workers to install to install 5g equip? This should be public knowledge. No photos, no videos, no locations, no network!!!!
    My EX-Dream Phone: SCH-i645 with the following added, a touchscreen, Windows Mobile 2003 Pocket PC OS (smartphone OS=garbage), Bluetooth, a 520 or 600mhz Xscale CPU and a huge ultra extended battery with a big hump, and for kicks, dual CDMA radios for 1x data and voice @ same time
    CANCELLED:[1]

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by patcat88 View Post
    So, Dish Networks has spectrum hoarded for years, https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...rding-spectrum , and after one or TWO decades still has no network https://rethinkresearch.biz/articles...ush-iot-plans/ on 700 Band E. So, I'll ask, who owns band 26? More squatted spectrum as TM gives up sprint site leases? Has Dish Networks ever hired a man with a hard hat to build LTE/NR tower? Is there any evidence of them paying blue collar workers to install to install 5g equip? This should be public knowledge. No photos, no videos, no locations, no network!!!!
    Sprint (now belongs to T-Mobile) owns national wide band 25,26 and band band 41
    T-Mobile also has many market band 5 (850Mhz CLR) , it can merge with band 26 (850 Mhz extended) .

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    TMobile is required to attempt to sell band 26. Dish has first dibs at it. If dish does not want it TMobile has to auction it off. This was part of the merger agreement for TMobile to merge with Sprint. There are a few more details and intricacies into it that are available on Google. If a price at auction isn't met, t-mobile does get to keep b26.

To answer your question if dish has ever hired someone to build a 5g tower, the answer is yes, they have. This would also be available with a simple Google search. As far as them being a spectrum hoarder, yes true, though, the other carriers had an opportunity to buy the spectrum as well.
    Last edited by Theghostlad82; 07-20-2021 at 10:24 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    T-Mobile also has many market band 5 (850Mhz CLR) , it can merge with band 26 (850 Mhz extended) .

TMobile has 1 market with band 5..............

Device(s)
    One Plus 8 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It's still possible that Dish will purchase Sprint 800 and gear, and lease sites from TMobile. The issue is up to the FCC and Dish to follow through in the obligations.

Sent from my SM-A326U using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, Pixel 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile & Sprint (via Google Fi), AT&T (via Red Pocket Mobile and Airalo)
    Feedback Score
    In my area, Dish put up one cell site in 2019 before the T-Mobile/Sprint merger was announced: https://twitter.com/renowireless/sta...242819073?s=21

Sent from my iPhone 12 Pro Max using Tapatalk
    Check out my Reno Area Wireless Information & Cellular Guide website for cell site location maps, pictures & more https://RenoWirelessInfo.com

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    It's still possible that Dish will purchase Sprint 800 and gear, and lease sites from TMobile. The issue is up to the FCC and Dish to follow through in the obligations.

Sent from my SM-A326U using HoFo mobile app
    Their new agreement with at&t may help them with these obligations. The first one is the easy one, they have to cover 70% of the population by 2025. This may sound like a lot, but 70% of the u.s. population lives in only 3% of the land mass of the country. Getting to 90% by 2027 is the hard part, that other 20% of the population is spread across much much more of the country. Maybe the spectrum sharing agreement with at&t helps them reach that 90% mark.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    What I hope happens is someone like GoGo can get B26 as it's close enough to what they use now, and if recertified, combined with the 4MHz they have now, and used with LTE would actually make an "acceptable" in-flight experience, as 5x5 LTE would at least give ~35Mbps per cabin instead of the ~11Mbps it does now..

You're not going to be streaming netflix on it, but it would give enough that web browsing would be a lot smoother than it is now.. and would remove the need for junk 600ms latency satellite ISP's when doing domestic flights.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT$T: $50 Unlimited Elite Prepaid promo (for more “rural” areas)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post

T-Mobile has ONE market with band 5. Myrtle Beach SC

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Interesting take from The Verge.
    They kind of paint TMobile as the 'bad guy's and Dish as a 'victim ', fleeing to AT&T
    https://www.theverge.com/2021/7/22/2...-dish-promises
    There's always 2 sides to a story, and the truth is somewhere in between.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro Max 128 GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Loyalty
    Feedback Score
    They kind of paint TMobile as the 'bad guy's and Dish as a 'victim ', fleeing to AT&T
    I don’t think it is great form on their part that they didn’t disclose Comcast’s ownership stake in their parent company, Vox Media. Contrast to Engadget that is pretty good about disclosing they are owned by Verizon when reporting on their own parent company.
    Have you read the forum rules lately?

Feedback Score
    Dish/Boost should have been aware from the get-go that T-Mobile would shut down Sprint CDMA ASAP. What has Boost done to get users off of Sprint CDMA? Actually, T-Mobile has not done much to get it's own Sprint users transitioned.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Dish/Boost should have been aware from the get-go that T-Mobile would shut down Sprint CDMA ASAP. What has Boost done to get users off of Sprint CDMA? Actually, T-Mobile has not done much to get it's own Sprint users transitioned.
    T-Mobile is giving them a free 5G phone for trading in that old 3G device, and most Sprint devices can just be upgraded via software to support VoLTE if T-Mobile just issues an update to anything from the S6 and up, and iPhone 6s and above..

Carrier(s)
    Spectrum Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The Verge is correct T Mobile USA has been sabotaging Dish Network from day one. The first one was making sure Boost Mobile stores had no phone stock before Dish Network took over which resulted in Dish Network threatening to walk away unless T Mobile lowered the price of the deal. After that you had T Mobile refusing to pay Dish Network for leasing their spectrum that T Mobile USA was using for free but had no problems paying other companies for spectrum use. Then you had T Mobile poaching Boost Mobile customers via text message. This clearly was a relationship that was not working for either side so hopefully Dish Network will have better luck with AT&T. I think it would be good if we had another carrier in the mix to keep wireless prices low.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile is (or was) giving anyone a free 5g device if they turned in any working device. If I'm not mistaken, VZW is doing similar, and I wouldn't be surprised if AT&T is as well. Easier to recycle spectrum once people have compatible devices.

Sent from my IN2017 using HoFo mobile app

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast