Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: My Tracfone got wet

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, LG Q7+, LG Q6, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chris330r View Post
    My phone has been activated all day, but for some reason I wasn't getting any texts. After contacting Tracfone chat, they told me to text *73 and then the texts started coming in. I never had to do that before, and I almost got scared I wouldn't be able to text on this phone.
    If you Google "Verizon *73" you'll find that it turns off Call Forwarding. Opposite of that, dialing *72 and a 10-digit phone number will forward your calls to that number. I don't know why entering *73 got your texts flowing again. I just checked the Q&As on Verizon site and Call Forwarding only forwards Calls, not Texts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    If you Google "Verizon *73" you'll find that it turns off Call Forwarding. Opposite of that, dialing *72 and a 10-digit phone number will forward your calls to that number. I don't know why entering *73 got your texts flowing again. I just checked the Q&As on Verizon site and Call Forwarding only forwards Calls, not Texts.
    First the chat rep told me to dial *73 using the phone, then power off and on the device. I did that but let him know I couldn't listen if there was any recording on the other end. That's when he said I could also just text *73 as well. So I did that too and within 3 seconds of doing that the texts started coming in. So it had to have activated something.

Before I contacted Tracfone chat, I went to a website that sends you a verification text in order to log on, but the text wouldn't come no matter how many attempts I made. That's when I realized the phone wasn't text activated. Then after finishing up with the Tracfone chat, I went back to the website and the text verification immediately came when I requested it to log on. So I guess that *73 did something.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    So maybe DIALING *72/*73 turns CALL Forwading on/off, and TEXTING *72/*73 turns TEXT Forwarding on/off.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    In case you haven't found the tutorials and user manual... https://support.tracfone.com/deviceh...oto-e-xt2052dl
    The link opens with the overview of the phone. Click on tutorials up top. The link for the more informative user manual is right under the picture of the phone. If you like the economy Moto E series, you will love the mid-range Moto G series.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    While the "peek screen" is lit run your finger from the bottom to the top of the screen to open up to the home screen.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    In case you haven't found the tutorials and user manual... https://support.tracfone.com/deviceh...oto-e-xt2052dl
    The link opens with the overview of the phone. Click on tutorials up top. The link for the more informative user manual is right under the picture of the phone. If you like the economy Moto E series, you will love the mid-range Moto G series.
    Thanks for that link. I like having the user manual online like that so I can zoom in to read instead of the teeny tiny booklet the phone came with. I bookmarked it so I can easily reference it.

I decided to stick with the bottom buttons for the home screen access as opposed to the swipe up since i'm so used to it. I'm also used to the left and right buttons on either side. But it's nice to have the choice between the two.

Feedback Score
    SIGH! Here we go again....

It seems every time I get a new phone I have to deal with annoying voicemail notifications popping up. I have absolutely no use for voicemail and always disable it but it seems you have to jump through countless hoops to do that. Both Samsungs never had this issue come to think of it and all the LG's i've had did. It's such a petty annoyance.

Is there a way for disconnect it in the Moto E? The voicemail notification said to dial *86 and I did but all I could hear over the speaker was Charlie Brown's teacher from the Peanuts cartoon. (Anyone who watched that as a kid knows the "Wahhh wahhh wahh wahh" lol) Then it ended and I hung up. So I hope that did something, but I want to make sure it's disconnected permanently and I don't get anymore of these notifications. Is there a way? Can I disable voicemail altogether on this phone?

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Sounds like maybe the your new phone wants you to setup visual voicemail, or somehow when you switch phones, your voicemail got enabled.

I have seen this with the G7 Optimo Maxx, but luckily my other phones have ways to understand visual voicemail.

To check this, call your number from another phone, and see if the voicemail was changed when you switched phones.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Dialing *86 (which correspond to the letters "VM" on the dialpad) is Verizon's way of accesing voicemail. If you transferred service from your J7 to the Moto E, nothing should have changed with your voicemail setup. Was your voicemail setup on the J7? Was your voicemail box ever set up to accept messages from callers?

I don't understand about the "wahhh wahhh wahhh" part. When I dialed *86 on my Moto E, the voicemai system answers in English (or Spanish if selected) and tells me if I have any message (if the voicemail was set up) or steps me through the setup process. That's done in spoken English or Spanish, not "wahhh wahhh wahhh".

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    You must get Tracfone CS to disable voicemail. You cannot disable it yourself.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); Moto G Power 2020 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Dialing *86 (which correspond to the letters "VM" on the dialpad) is Verizon's way of accesing voicemail. If you transferred service from your J7 to the Moto E, nothing should have changed with your voicemail setup. Was your voicemail setup on the J7? Was your voicemail box ever set up to accept messages from callers?

I don't understand about the "wahhh wahhh wahhh" part. When I dialed *86 on my Moto E, the voicemai system answers in English (or Spanish if selected) and tells me if I have any message (if the voicemail was set up) or steps me through the setup process. That's done in spoken English or Spanish, not "wahhh wahhh wahhh".
    hpham, I believe he's referring to how the voice audio sounds being hearing impaired, which he noted a few posts back. Just to clarify.

Feedback Score

LOL I mentioned in a previous post that i'm hearing impaired so when I listen to anything over the phone all I hear is gibberish or the "wah wah wah" like Charlie Brown's teacher sounded like in the Peanuts cartoon. Everything over the phone sounds like that to me.

On the J7 I had no voicemail set up at all. Never got notifications for it and in fact didn't even think it existed on that phone. When I had LG phones, the voicemail icon would always display at the top of the screen and it took a bunch of different steps to make that go away.

The good thing about the Moto is I can just clear the voicemail notification and make it disappear, but i'd rather not get them at all because I have no use for voicemail.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    You must get Tracfone CS to disable voicemail. You cannot disable it yourself.
    I remember having to do that with my LG phone. It's a pain, but if the voicemail notification pops up again tomorrow, i'll have to contact them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    hpham, I believe he's referring to how the voice audio sounds being hearing impaired, which he noted a few posts back. Just to clarify.
    Yes, that's exactly what I meant. I guess the old Peanuts cartoons was too old a reference lol. Here's what I meant about sounding like Charlie Brown's teacher.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    If Verizon takes over Tracfone maybe they will make their premium Visual Voice mail to text available to Tracfone users. Seems like there should already be an app to do this. Same for voice calls.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast