Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Target's TracFone 1GB emailed PIN redeemed as a 60 minute airtime card

Device(s)
    Google Pixel 4a, Moto One Action, Moto x4, Moto G Plus
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score

Target's TracFone 1GB emailed PIN redeemed as a 60 minute airtime card

Last night, I wanted extra data for my BYOP smartphone, so I bought five 1GB addon PINs from Target to get the $5 off $50 or more discount, using PayPal with Discover card as the payment method to get an additional 5% off. Redeemed one of them and got 180 in each bucket plus another 90 days service. Not a terrible deal, but I have a service date over 5 years in the future, and all I really need is the 1GB data, so 180mb doesn't cut it. A poster on another board reported redeeming a 60 minute card with a bonus code yielded unlimited minutes and texting, 1GB data, and 30 days service, but when I redeemed another of my PINs, I only got the 20 minute bonus that the code was supposed to yield.

Target's policy is strictly "no refunds" on prepaid cards. I haven't contacted them yet, but I expect to be sent to TracFone customer service hell, and the weather is too good for that now. Any ideas out there on proceeding?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    So you paid $10 for the 1GB add on airtime but received the $20 60 minutes/90-day airtime?
    Sounds to me as if the problem lies with Target since they sent the PIN for the airtime.
    Was the other posters example also purchased from Target online?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    My invoice, and all emails, including Target's gift card redemption page, show these as 1GB addon PINs. I am assuming that the PINs are 60 minute/90 day cards based on how they showed up on my account. As for the other poster, I asked for more information on how that purchase and redemption was done, and so far haven't gotten an answer.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Sounds like a 1/2 price glitch for the $20 60 minute/90 day airtime. Pay $10 for data, but receive the $20 airtime. Could be corrected at any time. We should assume Target moves faster than Tracfone with correcting their mistakes... back to giving $10 of data for $10.
    If you wait to use the remaining PIN`s you should get data. The forums should alert you to when it is corrected.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Sounds like a 1/2 price glitch for the $20 60 minute/90 day airtime. Pay $10 for data, but receive the $20 airtime. Could be corrected at any time. We should assume Target moves faster than Tracfone with correcting their mistakes... back to giving $10 of data for $10.
    A great deal for those wanting the 60 minute card, but a rotten deal for those wanting 1GB data.

I'll save the other three PINs that I haven't redeemed yet, and wait this one out for a day or two and see if they fix the problem and notify me. I wouldn't rule out that TracFone is somehow responsible for the mistake, though.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Mint, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Target (and Kroger) uses a 3rd party vendor Blackhawk Network Solutions to fulfill prepaid card sales.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AnciusD View Post
    Target (and Kroger) uses a 3rd party vendor Blackhawk Network Solutions to fulfill prepaid card sales.
    Yet another complication in getting this problem solved. I'm currently on hold with Target, neither the CS rep or those above her understand the TracFone system, so just explaining the difference in both airtime PINs is frustrating. Well over half an hour invested in this so far.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    O...M...G...

Target CS rep stated that everything within their control says that these were 1GB data cards, and I need to contact TracFone. I mentioned Blackhawk Network Solutions to her (thanks, AnciusD!) and the rep confirmed that Blackhawk handled the PINs, and the matter defers to TracFone. Guess I'll have to let this go for awhile, I can't go through another round of this crap, and my only consolation is that TracFone is losing money until this gets resolved...assuming that others out there who want 60 minute airtime PINs will capitalize on their mistake.

Feedback Score
    I've bought a $20 unlimited 1 gig monthly plan PIN from Target and that redeemed just fine. It does seem just this 1 Gig SKU in their system is incorrectly configured. I wonder what the actual $20 90 day SKU gives you -- maybe it gives you a free year. LOL

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Doing the dive into TracFone hell. First CS rep is totally incapable of reading and understanding my chat messages. Waiting for the "Supervisor". Next nine messages:
    Jenny: Okay. Sure, let me wait for an available supervisor, one moment.
    Jenny: Still waiting for an available representative, one moment.
    Jenny: Still waiting for an available representative, one moment...and so on.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    AFTER SUPPLYING DETAILS OF THIS PROBLEM, HERE'S HOW THE CHAT SESSION WENT: Before we proceed, I would like to ask for an alternate number from you. In case we get disconnected, we will be able to contact you back for further assistance and continue with your request.
    304474xxxx. Do not dial the number I listed above, my son is deployed with the Navy and I am trying to add data to his phone
    Jenny: Okay.
    Jenny: Let me check some information, one moment.
    Jenny: With regards to your concern, you may need to purchase a data card for you to have the amount of data that you want.
    Please read the message above. I PURCHASED 5 DATA CARDS, they are redeeming as 60 minute airtime cards
    Jenny: Okay, but since you want 5 GB of data, you need to buy more.
    If I redeem all of them, YOU ARE LOSING MONEY. Please forward this to your supervisor
    Jenny: You purchased the card at the store right?
    Target Department Store, online
    You have all of the information you need in the first message. GET YOUR SUPERVISOR
    Jenny: Okay. Sure, let me wait for an available supervisor, one moment.
    Jenny, you can take some of the time while we are waiting to actually READ my first post. You might understand the problem
    Jenny: The resolution for your issue is to purchase another plan for you to get the 5 GB that you want.
    Jenny, I have already purchased five 1GB data PINs. If I purchase another five from Target, I will probably get the same results. I want the data that I have already purchased.
    Jenny: You purchased the wrong card.
    Jenny, I have already purchased five 1GB data PINs. If I purchase another five from Target, I will probably get the same results. I want the data that I have already purchased.
    I have proof that I purchased the correct cards. I can send you the invoice. Target's customer service says that they sent me five 1GB data cards, but TracFone made a mistake in assigning PIN numbers to the cards
    Jenny: Since you purchased the wrong cards, you may purchase another card that can help you have the 5GB of data.
    Jenny: You may contact Target about that since you purchase the cards from them and not in our website.
    I have supplied you with the card numbers and PINs, and you can see in my account that each time, 1GB was not added. SOMEONE NEEDS TO FIX THIS
    Jenny: It cannot be added since the card that numbers that you have provided is not for the 1 GB of data, it is a 60 minutes card.
    IS THERE A SUPERVISOR
    Jenny: There is no available at the moment.
    Jenny: You may try to call our customer service instead or I can schedule a call back for you.
    Jenny: Are you still there? I wish to continue assisting you but I’m afraid if I don’t get a response from you the chat will end in a few minutes.
    I will wait for a supervis
    Jenny: Okay, you may chat us back later today to check for an available supervisor.
    Jenny: Hello. It looks like you've been inactive for a while. Are you still there? I will wait on the line for you to respond back so I can continue assisting you.
    yes
    Jenny: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?
    Jenny: I have not heard from you for a while. Thank you for chatting with TracFone Wireless. If you have any further questions or concerns, please Chat with us or contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-800-867-7183. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 A.M. to 11:45 P.M. EST. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information.
    i am in contact with Target customer service now
    Jenny: Alright.
    Jenny: Thank you for visiting TracFone.com!

The call to Target went better this time. After giving my case number and a short wait, he offered to refund the entire purchase price as a gift card. So, thanks for nothing, TracFone.

Feedback Score
    I'm sorry you got the deluxe TF CS experience.

I'm glad that Target stepped up and covered the mess.

It's hard to tell if this is TF's fault for supplying faulty codes to the vendor, or if the vendor messed up the codes.

Your choice, given today's attitudes toward work.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I'm hoping that someone out there buys and successfully redeems the data addon cards from Target, and posts here. Still need the data.

Feedback Score
    So, something similar happened to me with Amazon, where I bought a TracFone bundle from Amazon and the credit they promised wasn't in the bundle. TracFone was just as useless, telling me to contact Amazon. Amazon took a bit longer (I think I was in chat for an hour) but eventually they also just refunded me the amount of credit I didn't get.

Bottom line is I doubt anyone can fix anything with TracFone, especially when a third party is involved.

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, LG Q7+, LG Q6, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    Bottom line is I doubt anyone can fix anything with TracFone, especially when a third party is involved.
    When a 3rd party is involved, why is TF expected to fix the problem? In the OP's case, Target took the payment, Blackhawk issued the code. TF just redeemed the code that Blackhawk issued, which was not for the advertised item.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast