Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Target's TracFone 1GB emailed PIN redeemed as a 60 minute airtime card

Device(s)
    Google Pixel 4a, Moto One Action, Moto x4, Moto G Plus
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    My experience with TracFone is that they never "fix" anything. They have traditionally handed out extra units (minutes) as consolation for your troubles...but they have been stingy with that in recent years.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    When a 3rd party is involved, why is TF expected to fix the problem? In the OP's case, Target took the payment, Blackhawk issued the code. TF just redeemed the code that Blackhawk issued, which was not for the advertised item.
    To assume TracFone is faultless in this mess, is to assume too much IMO. According to the Target rep yesterday, Blackhawk denies any blame in this, that's why I was sent to TracFone to resolve it.

Feedback Score
    When a 3rd party is involved, why is TF expected to fix the problem? In the OP's case, Target took the payment, Blackhawk issued the code. TF just redeemed the code that Blackhawk issued, which was not for the advertised item.
    Similar to my situation, it's not really clear if the problem is with Target, Blackhawk or TracFone here -- if Target/Blackhawk are saying these codes are 1 GB data and TracFone is redeeming them incorrectly, its a TracFone issue. In my case, Amazon said they gave the IMEI of my bundle to TracFone and it should be there when I activated. I also got nowhere with TracFone and had to go back to the original vendor, and I'm sure the problem was never fixed. (Of course, with a very similar promo with Amazon/Simple Mobile I had NO problems.. so its Tracfone, just like TracFone rewards seems to be much more problematic than the ones for the other brands)

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dave940 View Post
    I'm hoping that someone out there buys and successfully redeems the data addon cards from Target, and posts here. Still need the data.
    I just bought one to see what I actually get. I'm curious. Says it can take up to 4 hours for delivery, will update once I redeem!

EDIT: It arrived quickly. It's a $19.99 60 min card which tripled to 180 each bucket on my BYOP.
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 12 Pro eSIM; Pixel 2 XL
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone 12 Pro dual-SIM [AT&T] & iPhone XS [Verizon]
    Mobile Broadband: ZTE Z917 LTE hotspot (5GB for $10)

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I'm hoping that someone out there buys and successfully redeems the data addon cards from Target, and posts here. Still need the data.
    Did you receive 200/180/180/90 days? If so what promo code did you use? If it was the code for the Data add on it would indicate the buyer was not trying to game the system.

Feedback Score
    I think I want to take a turn at this roulette wheel. Just making sure OP and Island_Boy bought bought this item at Target:

https://www.target.com/p/tracfone-10...48#lnk=sametab

And when redeeming the PIN you get, instead got a 60 minute / 90 day card (which still triples on new activations).
    Thinking about giving this a whirl to save $10 and get an extra line activated.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    I think I want to take a turn at this roulette wheel. Just making sure OP and Island_Boy bought bought this item at Target:

And when redeeming the PIN you get, instead got a 60 minute / 90 day card (which still triples on new activations).
    Yup, that's the one I got! You may just end up with 1GB for $10 but I was curious and I figured at least I wouldn't end up with nothing, you know? Good luck!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score

That's the one. I can't believe that nobody is addressing this situation between Trac/Black/Target.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Did you receive 200/180/180/90 days? If so what promo code did you use? If it was the code for the Data add on it would indicate the buyer was not trying to game the system.
    I went ahead and redeemed all PINs, got 200/180/180/90 days on four of them by using promo codes 55698 and 34905. Still waiting for someone in charge to fix this before the sale is off this week, I still want the 1GB data PINs.

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, LG Q7+, LG Q6, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    According to the Target rep yesterday, Blackhawk denies any blame in this, that's why I was sent to TracFone to resolve it.
    I can't comment about Blackhawk's role in this deal. But in the last 18 months I did many BYOP deals with Sprint, Visible, and other carriers. Blackhawk handled the issuance of reward/rebate cards and I'd give their performance a B grade. There were many times when the carriers approved the reward/rebate but Blackhawk denied them. Then the customers got bounced back-and-forth between the carrier and Blackhawk until you manage to get both sides on a 3-way call.

If you're curious to see which of your reward/rebate (or maybe the TF card in this case) was handled by Blackhawk, go to their web site www.Rebateshq.com , select Track Your Rebate, enter your name and zip code. It'll show the ones they handled.

Name:  Blackhawk-rebates.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  75.7 KB

Name:  Blackhawk-rebates-2.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  80.4 KB
    Last edited by hpham; 08-04-2021 at 09:05 AM.

Feedback Score
    So I bought the $10 code and tried to redeem it to activate a new phone -- and it said invalid. And then I applied it to my own account -- and I got 1 gig of data only. That I didn't really want. I wanted to play roulette and I lost!

Dunno if they fixed the problem and if OP tries now he'd get 1 gig of data now.

Feedback Score
    Redeem airtime PINs online at https://www.tracfone.com/collectminpinpromo

You can do it all on that one page. I guess I should have known the PIN I got was actually a gig data plan because I could not apply any of the promo codes you listed (it said didn't apply). Unfortunately, like Amazon with gift card redemption, you can't tell what it is till after you actually apply it to your account.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I can't comment about Blackhawk's role in this deal. But in the last 18 months I did many BYOP deals with Sprint, Visible, and other carriers. Blackhawk handled the issuance of reward/rebate cards and I'd give their performance a B grade. There were many times when the carriers approved the reward/rebate but Blackhawk denied them. Then the customers got bounced back-and-forth between the carrier and Blackhawk until you manage to get both sides on a 3-way call.

If you're curious to see which of your reward/rebate (or maybe the TF card in this case) was handled by Blackhawk, go to their web site www.Rebateshq.com , select Track Your Rebate, enter your name and zip code. It'll show the ones they handled.

Name:  Blackhawk-rebates.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  75.7 KB

Name:  Blackhawk-rebates-2.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  80.4 KB
    Interesting...but I can't find a way to use the website for a TracFone PIN redemption.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    So I bought the $10 code and tried to redeem it to activate a new phone -- and it said invalid. And then I applied it to my own account -- and I got 1 gig of data only. That I didn't really want. I wanted to play roulette and I lost!

Dunno if they fixed the problem and if OP tries now he'd get 1 gig of data now.
    I purchased five more 1GB PINs (I could not use the gift card from the previous purchase). Redeemed one and got 1GB data, but couldn't use the only known data promo code because I've purchased so much for this phone. Somebody in the supply chain has fixed the listing.

Feedback Score
    I guess we shall never know who fixed the problem or how long the problem existed or if all this chatter had anything to do with it. Glad it worked for you!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast