Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: TracFone eBay Annual SIMs now $29.99 ($23.99 with coupon)

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, LG Q7+, LG Q6, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    When starting a new line, I prefer to put it into a new account to get referral points (8000 + 12,000) ; plus, the referral points are tied to the account, not the line. Putting a new line into an existing account only gets 7000 points, and it's tied to the line. Mucking with the line (changing number, transfer to another line...) can jeopardize those 7000 points.

Feedback Score
    I got one too, even though my phones are 1 to 2 years out.

What is the thinking these days about transferring the existing balance from a BYOP Verizon SIM in a BYOP whitelisted unlocked phone?

Would I need a second whitelisted phone's IMEI to activate a new SIM and transfer the balance to the new SIM?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    Did the 7k point as pending and then disappear? Or never post at all?

I've never added a line to my account -- as I am basically converting new people to TracFone users (good for them, good for me, as per the referral program) so curious. I know several posters here have lost points down the road whenever TracFone feels like it, though.
    It never posted at all. Around Christmas 2020 when you could get 10K points for adding a line, I added several and all immediately showed the points AND I got them all since the lines stayed active. So.. not sure what happened with this latest line I added.
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 12 Pro eSIM; Pixel 2 XL
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone 12 Pro dual-SIM [AT&T] & iPhone XS [Verizon]
    Mobile Broadband: ZTE Z917 LTE hotspot (5GB for $10)

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Wow-thanks for the Heads Up. I already have one for myself but picked this up for a Christmas present. What a deal and a discount code too.

Sent from my SM-N910V using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Tried to buy a second one and it would not let me.. Sold out maybe ???

Feedback Score
    It may be limited to one per account. People have gotten around it with multiple ebay accounts, but sometimes those still get cancelled.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    To activate the VZW SIM you have to give the IMEI and it's already in use by TF.

That's for any VZW service with TF.

You need a 2nd phone to transfer activate with. Could be any carrier, just get the SIM to match. The you can transfer back to the TF branded phone.
    I'd like to transfer my current in-service TF =AT&T= BYOP SIM phone (in an iPhone SE 2020) to VZW service. I bought the VZW SIM from this sale for that purpose. Any problems with such a "transfer of existing ATT service to and combine with new pre-loaded VZW SIM"? I'll do it via chat. Any special "magic words" to use (and words to avoid like the plague?)

[I want to do this in part because the AT&T SIM that TF sent me still has bits of rubber cement on the contacts (those ijits literally affixed the SIM to the cardboard via a glob of cement, contact side down); because VZW is a bit better in many places for me; and also because of the pending purchase of TF by VZW]

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbw View Post
    Tried to buy a second one and it would not let me.. Sold out maybe ???
    I also tried to buy a second one but it would not let me. I bought a second one with a different ebay account which worked.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brg View Post
    I'd like to transfer my current in-service TF =AT&T= BYOP SIM phone (in an iPhone SE 2020) to VZW service. I bought the VZW SIM from this sale for that purpose. Any problems with such a "transfer of existing ATT service to and combine with new pre-loaded VZW SIM"? I'll do it via chat. Any special "magic words" to use (and words to avoid like the plague?)
    Should be easy. Contact TF via Chat, tell the rep you want to activate the preloaded Ebay SIM with A TRANSFER from your current BYOP TF/AT&T SIM. The rep will ask for the new SIM number, and the IMEI of the iPhone to pair it to the new SIM. Afterward, use the new SIM in your iPhone.

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haymeadowfield View Post
    I also tried to buy a second one but it would not let me. I bought a second one with a different ebay account which worked.
    looked like i could have bought a second one as a guest, but I don't really need two so i passed.. Wife has over a year left and I suspect they will go on sale again..

Feedback Score
    Anyone know how long these things are good for after you buy them? I wouldn't be able to do anything with it until Late December 2021.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Anyone know how long these things are good for after you buy them?
    The answer is 3, 6, 9, or 12 months depending on which rep you asked. Someone in this forum had used one successfully after more than 12 months from purchase date.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I just activated one of these 1200, 1200, 3 GB cards that I purchased on Ebay on May 1. I noticed on the package it said that I also had to purchase a Smartphone Plan pin. Had a 60 min card laying here in case that was the case. Transferred my existing iphone SE2020 to this sim from an old sim that I think has been in several different phones. Probably time to ditch that sim anyway to avoid future problems.

All went well, took less than 5 minutes and I did NOT need the Smartphone Plan pin. I really needed data and minutes which were added to my existing buckets so I have plenty of everything now and my service end date is May 12, 2040. Think that's long enough ??

Feedback Score
    I have a BYO smart phone currently on ATT. It has a bunch of minutes and data. Can I use this to get the year extension?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Acee View Post
    I have a BYO smart phone currently on ATT. It has a bunch of minutes and data. Can I use this to get the year extension?
    Yes, you'll get the 1-yr extension, plus the 1200/1200/3GB whether you want/need them or not

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast