Thread: Distorted audio when calling one phone number

Feedback Score

Distorted audio when calling one phone number

I'm trying to help a friend who gets distorted audio when calling my home phone & says even the ringing sounds different. This started about the time I switched to Comcast voice for my home phone, but I never thought about the timing of the two events until later. IOW it could have started a few weeks later. However he sounds OK to me. When I call him back everything is fine on his end.

I don't have a problem with anyone. And he only has a problem when calling me.

From what I recall from years ago, the ringing generator on the calling person's line is not the same ringing generator on the receiving person's line. If his ringing sounds bad would that mean the problem is on his end?

Thanks for any help & suggestions.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    To your knowledge, is it only your friend experiencing the issue or are any other callers also having the issue ?? Which carrier is your friend using ?? Has your friend tried to turn his phone off and back on and retry his call to you ??

I tend to think it might be a network issue for your friend from the description provided and not on your end.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    He is using AT&T and an iPhone & only has a problem when calling me, and I always have to call him back in order to get a clear connection on his end. No one else has ever mentioned a problem calling me.

He calls about once a week but I don't know if he ever turns off his phone, but I'll ask him to do so.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Sounds like a network issue in his home area from your description.

Possible his phone may require a network update from At&t if his phone is not favoring closer towers in his local area. If so, he should contact customer support for basic technical troubleshooting. If that doesn't resolve the issue, a technical support ticket would have to be submitted by basic customer service will need to be submitted for troubleshooting. Make sure he calls from a different phone to speak with customer service.

Feedback Score
    But why doesn't he have problems when calling other people?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If you were having the problem, then I would have suggested that you call customer service. There could be an issue from his carrier handing calls to your carrier. If you want, you could call At&t as well, but I still suggest that he calls his carrier. I was a CS rep for At&t/Cingular for about 9 years, but no longer in that business.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    If it sounds "like a robot" it happens to my wife on her iPhone Xr. I think it is related to wi-fi calling, but I don't know that for sure.

Feedback Score
    Has OP asked others if they hear distortion?
    Check out this page: https://www.visible.com/get/36csHv, it has all the info you need to know about joining Visible.
    When you use my friend code, 36csHv, you’ll get your first month of service for only $5!

Join my Party Pay Group 39,199 members (no information is shared with other members)
    https://visible.com/p/Reddit_Upvote & never pay more than $25 a month.

Visible $25/mo
    Liberty 09.06.2022
    TMo 01.05.22
    Truphone 01.18.22

Feedback Score
    I have that problem sometimes when my sister calls me.

When it gets bad, if I cut off WiFi calling then the rest of the call is good.