Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 22 GB Prioritized Data on $20 Standalone Postpaid Tablet UDP

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    No I didn’t remove them. Maybe something went wrong with trying to embed Dropbox images in order to not go over the HoFo lifetime attachment limit. https://www.dropbox.com/s/dexl6v2zoe...tails.png?dl=0

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max, Samsung S21 Ultra
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    No I didn’t remove them. Maybe something went wrong with trying to embed Dropbox images in order to not go over the HoFo lifetime attachment limit. https://www.dropbox.com/s/dexl6v2zoe...tails.png?dl=0
    Thanks, Vivian. It's interesting that for a tablet plan, talk and text are part of the details of the plan.
    List of dumb posts:

Originally Posted by Whit
    I will be requesting the Nokia 6682. I am done with smart(dumb)phones.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone SE, Galaxy a10e
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, Mobi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    Thanks, Vivian. It's interesting that for a tablet plan, talk and text are part of the details of the plan.
    Also, for my apparently slightly different plan from last December ("Unlimited for Tablet"), the plan details doesn't actually show any details. Nothing on left side other than $20/mo. None of that other detail. But the only button on the left is the "Change Plan" button, not the "Plan Details" button.

Not a big issue. If I go out of the country I can just get a local plan. If I'm spending that much money, $20-40 is just noise. I prefer to not mess with it until/unless I upgrade to a 5G tablet at some point, and I find out the current plan doesn't support it.
    iPhone 12 Pro is my current primary phone. And also have a Galaxy a10e as a backup travel phone.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max, Samsung S21 Ultra
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Also, for my apparently slightly different plan from last December ("Unlimited for Tablet"), the plan details doesn't actually show any details. Nothing on left side other than $20/mo. None of that other detail. But the only button on the left is the "Change Plan" button, not the "Plan Details" button.

Not a big issue. If I go out of the country I can just get a local plan. If I'm spending that much money, $20-40 is just noise. I prefer to not mess with it until/unless I upgrade to a 5G tablet at some point, and I find out the current plan doesn't support it.
    It's about convenience. When I was younger, I often just get a local simcard when I arrive at the airport. However, it's not convenient as I want to access the internet as soon as my plane lands. I want to be able to access my emails, check the weather forecast, and etc. while the plane is slowly going to the gate. I can't do that when I don't have a plan already. That's why I want a plan that can let me roam for free or as cheap as possible.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone SE, Galaxy a10e
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, Mobi
    Feedback Score
    My last to international flights were Australia and the UK. Australia I didn't have a data plan for the iPad, and I just paid the $10/day for my then Verizon postpaid plan. So I was set there. For the UK, I purchased 2 plans on amazon, a data one and a phone one. I put the sims into my phone just off the plane before customs. So I have yet to buy a SIM at a local store.

I'll just wait and see what my options are the next time I go international. I may not have the same plans then.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    Wait, so does this mean anyone who signs up for this plan can just use their iPad and this plan in lieu of a phone plan since this also includes unlimited talk and text?

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It would if iPadOS supported carrier telephony services, but it doesn’t. The closest you can get is using your iPhone carrier account on your iPad or using an OTT (Over The Top) iPad app such as Google Voice.

There are some Android tablets that support telephony services, but I don’t think there are many of them. It just isn’t worth the development efforts because very few people want a tablet as their only phone. The Whole Point of a cell phone, for most people, is that it brings phone calls, texts, and data to your pocket — a non-pocketable device would therefore fail to meet one of most customer’ basic expectations.

Samsung is trying to get around this with their Fold line — making pocketable smartphones that unfold into tablets — but it’s still very imperfect. You can see and feel the crease down the middle, the folded aspect ratio is weirdly tall, and the tech costs too much to be affordable to most people. I’m optimistic that folding screen tech will eventually get to the point where a merged iPhone and iPad becomes possible, but I doubt that’ll happen until the mid to late 2020s at the earliest.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the thorough explanation, that helps! I guess now my confusion lies with why AT&T would include it as a feature if there’s very few tablets that could use it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3