Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cricket VoltE message today, phone not compatible....

Device(s)
    LG VX8700
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Cricket VoltE message today, phone not compatible....

So got a text message today from Cricket talking about the 3G issue going away in Feb 2022. I have an LG Stylus 4 that I had previuosly checked and it was compatible. I checked the IMEI again today and it is not, what!! It looks like my software version is what is causing the issue. My version is Q710MS11u, it was previously used by Metro by T-Mobile. I have found the correct software version that Cricket lists to make this phone work with them Q710ULM Android 9.x Pie. Can I flash my phone with this version to make it work with Cricket or will it not work as it was designed for T-Mobile? My son has the same issue with his LG Stylus 5 software so asking for him also....thanks

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Tello
    Feedback Score
    It’s based on the IMEI. Unfortunately if the IMEI is coming up as not supported, the system is going to kick it off. The two on that list are actually model numbers, not software numbers, and LG is notorious for breaking compatibility between models across carriers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Here is a link to AT&T's list of devices that will work after the switch off of 3G.
    I would think this list would also be accurate for Cricket also, it list a lot more devices than Cricket is showing.

https://www.att.com/idpassets/images...TT-Network.pdf

Device(s)
    LG VX8700
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy99 View Post
    Here is a link to AT&T's list of devices that will work after the switch off of 3G.
    I would think this list would also be accurate for Cricket also, it list a lot more devices than Cricket is showing.

https://www.att.com/idpassets/images...TT-Network.pdf
    Oh yes I have seen that list and it does list my LG Stylo 4 but limited to 2 model numbers, mine not being one of them. So my model of this phone will not be compatible come Feb 2022. That is why I am asking the question of flashing, but apparantly will not make a difference.

Feedback Score
    I am in a similar position I have a Note 10+ 5G N976V and AT&T list only shows N976U
    Not sure if I should be looking for another phone or maybe this model will work, I think it will if they would enable it but right now it removes the VOLTE setting as soon as it registers on Cricket network

Device(s)
    LG VX8700
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy99 View Post
    I am in a similar position I have a Note 10+ 5G N976V and AT&T list only shows N976U
    Not sure if I should be looking for another phone or maybe this model will work, I think it will if they would enable it but right now it removes the VOLTE setting as soon as it registers on Cricket network
    At least yours has the same model N976 so most likely will. Mine has a completely different model number so if it doesnt match the 2 they show I'm hosed...

Feedback Score
    Wait, what? I got a similar message about the 3G. Butttttttt, My phone has been connecting to 4G LTE all along. WTF?

Feedback Score
    Now reading this: https://www.cricketwireless.com/supp...-shutdown.html

and they say "you’ll need a High-Definition Voice-capable (HD Voice-capable) device that is compatible with Cricket’s HD Voice network." What is that? and how do I know if I have it or not? And what does that have to do with 3G? And the phone is less than 2 years old.

Feedback Score
    This is f'in BS. I checked an old LG phone, Android 6.0 at least 5 years old, maybe 6. Hasn't been updated since 2018 and the dam thing is compatible. Can someone help explain this HD voice and why in a 2 year old phone is doesn't work but in a cheap *** $25 phone 6 years old it does?

Device(s)
    LG VX8700
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This makes no sense to me, if I put my LG Stylo 4 IMEI into Crickets website it is not compatible with Volte support. But if I do the same with T-Mobile's website it is. So basically it is Volte capable but Cricket will not support it it even tho it is unlocked. Looks like I know where my 3 phones are gonna be going soon......

Feedback Score
    What's the TMO link you tested yours on? Have you raised that issue with Cricket support?

Why do they bill this as a 3G shutdown, when what it really is, is a 4G LTE change?

Device(s)
    LG VX8700
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    https://www.t-mobile.com/resources/bring-your-own-phone

My LG Stylo 4 was bought used, unlocked on Swappa. It was originally sold for Metro T Mobile but it worked fine with Cricket when I put my SIM in. It wasn't until I got my text a few days ago I found it was not going to be compatible with them in a few months.

I haven't talked to Cricket support yet but from what I'm reading it will do no good. They have their list and thats pretty much what they are going to use even tho my phone is VoltE compatible.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone SE, Galaxy a10e
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, Mobi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dafone View Post
    What's the TMO link you tested yours on? Have you raised that issue with Cricket support?

Why do they bill this as a 3G shutdown, when what it really is, is a 4G LTE change?
    Because they aren't changing their 4G LTE system. They are shutting down 3G.

Most of the phones they are blocking either are only 3G (though they may show 4G or H on the screen), or do data LTE but drop to the 3G network for voice.

Though there are many reports of phones that work on VoLTE that aren't on the compatible list. Likely that they haven't been certified for the ATT network officially.
    iPhone 12 Pro is my current primary phone. And also have a Galaxy a10e as a backup travel phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post

Though there are many reports of phones that work on VoLTE that aren't on the compatible list. Likely that they haven't been certified for the ATT network officially.
    I'm not sure what it means to be 'certified' but why can't they simply let the 4G LTE capable phones run, since they've been running all along? I don't get it. My 4G LTE phone works today and why should shutting down 3G kill that?

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone SE, Galaxy a10e
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, Mobi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dafone View Post
    I'm not sure what it means to be 'certified' but why can't they simply let the 4G LTE capable phones run, since they've been running all along? I don't get it. My 4G LTE phone works today and why should shutting down 3G kill that?
    By certified I mean that ATT has approved it. Whether it has gone through a test to verify it. And by 4G LTE working, does it work for LTE for voice?

Right now, ATT seems to be wanting to limit the variety of phones on their network. A portion of that may be to make their support task easier. A desire to "freshen" the phones on their network is probably a factor too, not having to support some 5 year old phones that haven't received updates in years. A desire to sell new ATT "branded" phones that support ATT features better and, combined with DPPs, lock people in for 3 years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast