Thread: What happens if first line ports out?

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket/AIO
    Feedback Score

What happens if first line ports out?

I'm currently on a grandfathered plan ($100/month for 4 lines, unlimited data capped at 3Mb/s).

Due to the whole phone fiasco that's going on, I'm thinking of porting out. The phone is compatible with Verizon, so I'm thinking of going to USMobile (Verizon side) because I get much better signal at home from them.

My Moto x4 should be compatible with VoLTE, but since I didn't get it from Cricket, I'm getting that message.

Since I have family scattered all over the place, switching everyone at once is difficult.
    My number is first number on the account.
    If I port out my number (and only my number), what happens to all the others? Does the account still stay active with the other three numbers, or do they disappear (and everyone lose their numbers)?

Thanks

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    By default, the main number will be changed automatically when yours is ported out. Assuming the account is in your name, you can specify the new main phone #. Should have no effect on the other lines as far as plan, features, cost (except the cost of the your line which would no longer be associated).
    Just another day in paradise.....

Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phlack View Post
    I'm currently on a grandfathered plan ($100/month for 4 lines, unlimited data capped at 3Mb/s).

Due to the whole phone fiasco that's going on, I'm thinking of porting out. The phone is compatible with Verizon, so I'm thinking of going to USMobile (Verizon side) because I get much better signal at home from them.

My Moto x4 should be compatible with VoLTE, but since I didn't get it from Cricket, I'm getting that message.

Since I have family scattered all over the place, switching everyone at once is difficult.
    My number is first number on the account.
    If I port out my number (and only my number), what happens to all the others? Does the account still stay active with the other three numbers, or do they disappear (and everyone lose their numbers)?
    Cricket doesn't really do a "main" line like a lot of carriers (other than favoriting one in the app as the first that appears), so what would happen is just that every line will move up a spot. Your second line would become the $55/month line, third line would become $25, fourth line would stay $10, ending up being a 3/$90. If you port back, your new-old number would rejoin as the fourth one in a 4/$100 (would need to move all to the current Cricket Core plan though).

There also won't be any weird charges...it'll just have the new rate on the next billing cycle.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 5T
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I’m unfamiliar with the grandfathered plan that you’re on, but usually any change to it will cause you to lose that pricing and the remaining lines will be moved to a current plan.