Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: activating a Tracfone bought June last year ?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    553
    Device(s)
    Motorola and a LTE iPad
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT Mint
    Feedback Score
    0

    activating a Tracfone bought June last year ?

    I have a Tracfone Moto e5 that I bought from Home Shopping network 14 months ago,

    is there anything I need to do special to activate it?

    do I need to contact the call center or can I do it on the website?

    thanks for your help
    Wanted: old barnfind VWs , Old Porsche projects and Sports cars ,
    save them from the crusher , I have had my tetanus shots so rust does not scare me ,
    anything considered even parts cars

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    485
    Device(s)
    Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    0
    You can do it on the website. Just click on activate and follow instructions. If you already have a TracFone and want to keep your number and transfer your service to the new phone choose activate/transfer.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    21
    Feedback Score
    0
    I would recommend chat or call to activate since it's been over a year, then you can make sure the minutes that should go with the phone actually load.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    485
    Device(s)
    Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniels9424cs View Post
    I would recommend chat or call to activate since it's been over a year, then you can make sure the minutes that should go with the phone actually load.
    If it was a HSN bundle my guess would be OP waited too long to activate to get the bundled minutes.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    553
    Device(s)
    Motorola and a LTE iPad
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT Mint
    Feedback Score
    0
    thanks, l am going to use it for a GPS tracker in my work van ,

    I have no idea how much Data that will take per month

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    BP subsidized Gulf Coast
    Posts
    7,582
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    If the bundled airtime is still there use up the airtime and then either switch to another Tracfone Company that has cheaper data or keep the HSN phone active for a year with Tracfone and it qualifies to be unlocked to use elsewhere.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    8,118
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by trackVW View Post
    thanks, l am going to use it for a GPS tracker in my work van ,

    I have no idea how much Data that will take per month
    GPS does not need a cell network connection to work. My phone can use Google Maps with Location (GPS) on and in Airplane mode (no network). Some apps that use it may require data.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    553
    Device(s)
    Motorola and a LTE iPad
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT Mint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    GPS does not need a cell network connection to work. My phone can use Google Maps with Location (GPS) on and in Airplane mode (no network). Some apps that use it may require data.
    is there an app that sends the GPS location by Text ?
    otherwise you would need data to send the location

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,154
    Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, LG Q7+, LG Q6, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by trackVW View Post
    is there an app that sends the GPS location by Text ?
    otherwise you would need data to send the location
    I suppose you want to know constantly the location of the vehicle for monitoring purpose. If you just want to check on it occasionally, I think you can use Google's Find My Device function to ping the phone and get its location.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    8,118
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by trackVW View Post
    l am going to use it for a GPS tracker in my work van ,
    What is the "GPS tracker" you want to use and why?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Space City
    Posts
    1,352
    Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto G6, Moto E5 Play, ZTE F160
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp,Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    If it was a HSN bundle my guess would be OP waited too long to activate to get the bundled minutes.
    Some of the HSN bundles don't expire, and they state that in the sales videos. I activated one last year that had been purchased in 2018 and it received the 1500-1500-1500.


    Sent from my moto e5 play using HoFo mobile app

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    553
    Device(s)
    Motorola and a LTE iPad
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT Mint
    Feedback Score
    0
    do I need to do anything to sign up for the reward program ?

    and is it worth it as it will be very low usage

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    DC-MD-VA
    Posts
    864
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Mint, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by trackVW View Post
    do I need to do anything to sign up for the reward program ?

    and is it worth it as it will be very low usage
    That's what I thought, but it costs nothing and you might avail yourself of it later. So, why not? Also, do the referral thing if you're within the timeframe. I didn't and regret it now. Points!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Space City
    Posts
    1,352
    Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto G6, Moto E5 Play, ZTE F160
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp,Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    Some of the HSN bundles don't expire, and they state that in the sales videos. I activated one last year that had been purchased in 2018 and it received the 1500-1500-1500.


    Sent from my moto e5 play using HoFo mobile app
    Update:
    I just activated an HSN TracFone bundle that I purchased in 2016, and it loaded all the promised airtime.

    Sent from my moto x4 using HoFo mobile app

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    48
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone ATT GSM
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    Update:
    I just activated an HSN TracFone bundle that I purchased in 2016, and it loaded all the promised airtime.

    Sent from my moto x4 using HoFo mobile app
    I tried to activate an LG Fiesta 2 LTE from Tracfone Wireless Via Ebay bought in 2019 on line and was told to call CS who said I needed a new SIM sent to me. They didn't promise I would get the 1 year etc., I am waiting to see what I get.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. HSN e5 Last Year Need to Activate Before 12 Months??
    By boonjuice in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-19-2020, 07:25 PM
  2. Replies: 62
    Last Post: 05-10-2016, 08:48 AM
  3. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 04:57 AM
  4. Exercise and Nutrition: Last year I had a baby and now I'm overweight - how can I lose weight fast?????
    By dking68 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-18-2003, 05:59 PM
  5. Will Verizon activate the phone bought overseas ?
    By JGCA in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-07-2002, 01:36 AM

Bookmarks