Thread: Service Interruption because phone supports 3G

Device(s)
    Samsung i900 Omnia
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Service Interruption because phone supports 3G

In a bit of a predicament with ATT. I have several phones that does support their LTE network, but due to ATT planning to shut their 3G network down and my phone supporting 3G and older technology, ATT stopped my service. They're requiring me to provide them an IMEI of a device that only supports minimum 4G for registration to restart my service. I don't have such a device, and even if I have do have a random IMEI number to provide, the moment I use a device that supports 3G and older tech, they will interrupt my service again..... Anyone got a work around for this? Or, I just have to go with a different carrier due to their dumb restriction? By the way, I do not plan on buying a different device, getting a new one is not an option.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone SE, Galaxy a10e
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, Mobi
    Feedback Score
    Actually, just because a phone supports 2G or 3G is not getting it cancelled. My iPhone supports those old technologies and is compatible.

What is the issue is the phone likely doesn't support LTE for voice purposes. And therefore REQUIRES 3G service to make calls. This is the case for most of the phone issues with ATT.

There have been reports of phones that work with VoLTE on ATT, but since they aren't on the certified list have also been getting rejected.

You will have to leave. Maybe your phone will support VoLTE on Verizon or T-Mobile.
    iPhone 12 Pro is my current primary phone. And also have a Galaxy a10e as a backup travel phone.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    OP, what phone are you using with At&t? Make and model #.

Even if you switch providers, likely that you will still need a new phone. I have seen new flip phones currently being sold between $50 - $100 at Best Buy. I don't think any of the big 3 cellular providers will activate a 3G device any longer and haven't done so for at least a year.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Hopefully 5g can cover 3g areas cuz there's a place that gets late in some of the building and hspa in the rest

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MNX1024 View Post
    In a bit of a predicament with ATT. I have several phones that does support their LTE network, but due to ATT planning to shut their 3G network down and my phone supporting 3G and older technology, ATT stopped my service. They're requiring me to provide them an IMEI of a device that only supports minimum 4G for registration to restart my service. I don't have such a device, and even if I have do have a random IMEI number to provide, the moment I use a device that supports 3G and older tech, they will interrupt my service again..... Anyone got a work around for this? Or, I just have to go with a different carrier due to their dumb restriction? By the way, I do not plan on buying a different device, getting a new one is not an option.
    Than you are out of Luck. You won't be able to activate a sim on any network with a phone not VoLTE capable. Even if you don't want to a new phone is in order. Consult AT&T whitelist if you plan to stay with them or a AT&T MVNO.

Sent from my SM-T510 using HoFo mobile app