Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Activating Moto E using $10 plan - is it possible?

Feedback Score

Activating Moto E using $10 plan - is it possible?

I want to activate a Tracfone Moto E using the cheapest plan, which is the $9.99 30-day Basic plan.

Is it possible to activate using this plan at all?

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this much appreciated. Thank you.

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, LG Q7+, LG Q6, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    I activated a Moto E at the end of June but I used a $19.99 90-day Basic card that I bought on Target.com with a Red Card discount.

I activated two BYOP TF/AT&T SIMs in early August. Since these old SIMs have TMFL benefit, after I entered the SIM number the TF web site showed me both Smarphone cards and Basic cards. I used the $9.99 Basic card for them.

I didn't really answer your question, but the gist of it is that if you already have a Basic card, you can use it to activate a smartphone. But if you enter the phone's IMEI or SIM number first and the site decides that it needs a Smartphone card, you won't see the option to buy the $9.99 card.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    I want to activate a Tracfone Moto E using the cheapest plan, which is the $9.99 30-day Basic plan.

Is it possible to activate using this plan at all?

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this much appreciated. Thank you.
    Should work. Just do it online. That's the only place the $9.99, 30-day is available. You won't get triple units with the new BYO SIMs. If you try to do it online and it doesn't work it won't cost anything.

Feedback Score
    I just tried doing it online. Unfortunately, it doesn't work.

It's like hpham said - once I enter the IMEI for the Moto E, it only shows me Smartphone plans. The $9.99 Basic plan isn't offered.

BTW, I got a PM from AlexTrac that said that it is indeed possible, and to contact Chat in order to accomplish it. Ha, ha.

Feedback Score

It's like hpham said - once I enter the IMEI for the Moto E, it only shows me Smartphone plans. The $9.99 Basic plan isn't offered.

BTW, I got a PM from AlexTrac that said that it is indeed possible, and to contact Chat in order to accomplish it. Ha, ha.
    So now the cheapest option to activate the Moto E is the $14.99 500MB/min/text plan. Any money-saving tips on buying this plan? (I don't have Target's Red Card, but is there any way to save on the sales tax, for example?)
    Thanks much for any help!

Feedback Score
    The red card at Target is only required to save another 5%. I believe you still shouldn't pay sales tax and other fees no matter how you pay. Of course Target site changes over time so maybe today it is charging fees again. If so pinzoo or callingmart also sell that PIN I believe for just a bit more than face value (no taxes or fees)

Device(s)
    Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    So now the cheapest option to activate the Moto E is the $14.99 500MB/min/text plan. Any money-saving tips on buying this plan? (I don't have Target's Red Card, but is there any way to save on the sales tax, for example?)
    Thanks much for any help!
    If you have a Lowe's nearby check and see what they have. All there phone cards are tax free and no 911 fee tacked on like other places do.

Feedback Score

When you go to select a plan for activation it will only show Smartphone plans. If you scroll down there should be a spot to switch to Basic Plans.

Maybe you can do this by chat.

Device(s)
    Flip phone, Samsung J3 on Tello
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, H2O, Page Plus, Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Put it on Page Plus. Enter your IMEI on their activation checker, then it will ask for the ICCID (SIM s/n) pay them $10 and you are good for 4 months instead of 1 mo. Also 6c/min. T&T, 5c/megabyte of data.
    Chances are good they will take your TF SIM, if not they w/send you one for 99c. Phone must be Verizon compatible with VOLTE. Off the shelf Tracfones usually work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dfriz View Post
    Put it on Page Plus. Enter your IMEI on their activation checker, then it will ask for the ICCID (SIM s/n) pay them $10 and you are good for 4 months instead of 1 mo. Also 6c/min. T&T, 5c/megabyte of data.
    Chances are good they will take your TF SIM, if not they w/send you one for 99c. Phone must be Verizon compatible with VOLTE. Off the shelf Tracfones usually work.
    I have the Page Plus paygo plan and did not think of that. Good idea.

The TF SIM for PP will probably work. For my PP I used a previously used Straight Talk SIM that was labeled Tracfone to activate and run. Worked fine.

OP, if you are just looking for the cheapest way to activate a phone, Ultra Mobile is $3 a month. I think you have to go to a T-Mobile store to get it. That won't work if your phone is Tracfone branded and still locked.

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, LG Q7+, LG Q6, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    I might be wrong, but I think the OP wants to create a new line/account on TF to earn reward points.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    OP, if you are just looking for the cheapest way to activate a phone, Ultra Mobile is $3 a month. I think you have to go to a T-Mobile store to get it. That won't work if your phone is Tracfone branded and still locked.
    That actually costs $13. $10 SIM + $3 Plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I might be wrong, but I think the OP wants to create a new line/account on TF to earn reward points.
    You're right. Looking for the cheapest out of pocket way to activate.

Feedback Score
    I have recently activated a smartphone with a $10 Basic plan. At first the website would not show me the Basic Plans. I chose a smartphone plan and went to checkout, then I deleted the smartphone plan from my cart and it took me back to the page of plans and then I could see the Basic Plans to choose the $10 card and then checkout.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eohippus View Post
    I have recently activated a smartphone with a $10 Basic plan. At first the website would not show me the Basic Plans. I chose a smartphone plan and went to checkout, then I deleted the smartphone plan from my cart and it took me back to the page of plans and then I could see the Basic Plans to choose the $10 card and then checkout.
    I tried this but it didn't work for me. Maybe it needs a different browser or something. I was in a hurry too, because I read on the forum about referral points being reduced but still being available at the old rates, so I didn't persist much. Just went ahead and activated with a $15 Smartphone card.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast