Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: boost to move to multi network platform

Feedback Score

boost to move to multi network platform

i am hearing from a reliable source that the move to at&t network will actually be a move to 'boost' SIM cards that roam on both at&t and t-mobile with a preference for at&t

am also hearing that SIM/IMEI pairing will soon be a thing of the past and boost customers will be able to freely move SIM cards between devices and any compatible device should work unlike the current 'whitelist' system.

a big push starting in October will take place to get as many customers as possible moved to the new SIMs which all recent boost phones and BYOD's should be compatible with.

Device(s)
    Iphone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Like Google Fi or what Trac was looking into, what did they call it, smart sim or something?

Feedback Score
    Will ATT be cutting Dish a better deal than TM? That would be very aggressive on ATT's part.
    Check out this page: https://www.visible.com/get/36csHv, it has all the info you need to know about joining Visible.
    When you use my friend code, 36csHv, you’ll get your first month of service for only $5!

Join my Party Pay Group 25,681 members (no information is shared with other members)
    https://visible.com/p/Reddit_Upvote & never pay more than $25 a month.

Visible $25/mo
    Liberty 09.06.2022
    TMo 01.05.22
    Truphone 01.18.22

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Will ATT be cutting Dish a better deal than TM? That would be very aggressive on ATT's part.
    from what i have heard it is significantly better, it turns out DISH actually got a crappy deal from t-mobile

Feedback Score
    Kind of mind blowing to me. Maybe Boost turns into an ATT MVNO. I don't think before the TM/Dish deal was done anybody would've guessed that.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Tello
    Feedback Score
    That’s an interesting idea. Not many prepaid companies have had a setup like this. Twigby used to use Sprint and roam on Verizon for calls and texts but cross-carrier roaming agreements are rare indeed in prepaid (Fi isn’t technically prepaid, it’s postpaid).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    So if Dish ditches TM these are the numbers I recollect. I'm sure these numbers aren't correct so more accurate numbers are welcome. I think Dish paid TM $1.5B for 8 million customers. So $190 a pop customer acquisition cost. I say that's an ok price as long as the churn's not high.

Device(s)
    Iphone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Dish will end up merging their sat business at some point with Directv and both Dish and AT&T are on the same page wanting to use their 12ghz bandwidth for wireless so there are some synergies between them whereas Tmobile has not been willing to knuckle under to Charlie's demands but maybe Charlie is willing to pay more just to spit in Tmobiles face, lol.

Moving away from a whitelist system is huge for Boost.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    So if Dish ditches TM these are the numbers I recollect. I'm sure these numbers aren't correct so more accurate numbers are welcome. I think Dish paid TM $1.5B for 8 million customers. So $190 a pop customer acquisition cost. I say that's an ok price as long as the churn's not high.

Wasn’t the first thing Dish did was to remove unlimited data from their plans? I think I remember people leaving in droves.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    Dish will end up merging their sat business at some point with Directv and both Dish and AT&T are on the same page wanting to use their 12ghz bandwidth for wireless so there are some synergies between them whereas Tmobile has not been willing to knuckle under to Charlie's demands but maybe Charlie is willing to pay more just to spit in Tmobiles face, lol.

Moving away from a whitelist system is huge for Boost.
    Boost will still have a whitelist, it will just be AT&T’s whitelist but allow SIM-swapping amongst that list of compatible devices.

https://www.att.com/idpassets/images...TT-Network.pdf

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyrobby View Post
    from what i have heard it is significantly better, it turns out DISH actually got a crappy deal from t-mobile
    I don't think T-Mo really wanted to be Boost's MNO. Promising to offer Boost paid access to the Sprint/T-Mo network was just part of the deal to convince the New York judge to not block the Sprint buyout. During that trial they pulled Charlie Ergan out of the closet to say with a straight face that there was no need to worry about the loss of Sprint as a fourth national network because he would build a new fourth national network starting with Boost as a T-Mo MVNO. Fortunately for T-Mo and Sprint they accepted that line.

T-Mo can now get on with killing the Sprint network and brand without having to drag Boost along. T-Mo has said that the money they won't be getting from Dish/Boost will be more than made up by "synergies" from getting rid of Sprint and using the capacity they were reserving for Boost to offer more wireless Home Internet.

It will be interesting to see what Dish does with their first refusal option to buy Sprint band 26. IIRC, the price of that is yet to be negotiated and T-Mo can reject any offer they don't deem reasonable. Being as band 26 is a pretty small slice of bandwidth, I can see Dish walking away from it.

Device(s)
    Iphone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
    Boost will still have a whitelist, it will just be AT&T’s whitelist but allow SIM-swapping amongst that list of compatible devices.

https://www.att.com/idpassets/images...TT-Network.pdf

Can you even bring a compatible unlocked phone to Boost now?

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Tello
    Feedback Score
    Can you even bring a compatible unlocked phone to Boost now?
    Yes you can, they actually have a BYOD-exclusive $15 plan even.

Device(s)
    Iphone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I don't think T-Mo really wanted to be Boost's MNO. Promising to offer Boost paid access to the Sprint/T-Mo network was just part of the deal to convince the New York judge to not block the Sprint buyout. During that trial they pulled Charlie Ergan out of the closet to say with a straight face that there was no need to worry about the loss of Sprint as a fourth national network because he would build a new fourth national network starting with Boost as a T-Mo MVNO. Fortunately for T-Mo and Sprint they accepted that line.

T-Mo can now get on with killing the Sprint network and brand without having to drag Boost along. T-Mo has said that the money they won't be getting from Dish/Boost will be more than made up by "synergies" from getting rid of Sprint and using the capacity they were reserving for Boost to offer more wireless Home Internet.

It will be interesting to see what Dish does with their first refusal option to buy Sprint band 26. IIRC, the price of that is yet to be negotiated and T-Mo can reject any offer they don't deem reasonable. Being as band 26 is a pretty small slice of bandwidth, I can see Dish walking away from it.
    I nearly spit up laughing reading this bob, great post.

Feedback Score
    I nearly spit up laughing reading this bob, great post.
    Glad you enjoyed it. I was feeling particularly </s> about all of the whining about T-Mo not being fair to Dish.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast