Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Which VoLTE phones are dual SIM? (physical, not eSIM)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    Where does it say that if it's not on that list, it won't work? It looks to me like the list just shows the phones which AT&T has verified will still work after the shutdown. That doesn't mean that others won't. What you say may be true, but it certainly doesn't say that. You're reading more into it than what it actually says.
    I tend to agree with this. All carriers, in their frever to offer 5G with many of it's false promises, are leaving behind allot of less populated and rural areas that can't even get a 4G/LTE signal due to 4G/LTE's much more limited range then 3G. Unless the carriers do allot of tower infilling between now and their 3G cut off dates. Even TMobiles band 71 doesn't cut the mustard.
    Add to that the elimination of many already VoLTE capable phones ATT would really see a churn to other carriers.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    You basically cannot read documents right.

It clearly describes no impact on BYOD users.
    As long as you registered as BYOD users, use any at&t VoLTE compatible phones (purchased from any other places), it will still work...
    The BYOD list is exclusively for people bringing a phone to AT&T, the “these will continue to work”
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    I tend to agree with this. All carriers, in their frever to offer 5G with many of it's false promises, are leaving behind allot of less populated and rural areas that can't even get a 4G/LTE signal due to 4G/LTE's much more limited range then 3G. Unless the carriers do allot of tower infilling between now and their 3G cut off dates. Even TMobiles band 71 doesn't cut the mustard.
    Add to that the elimination of many already VoLTE capable phones ATT would really see a churn to other carriers.
    Here, again, is the announcement straight from the network itself: https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1324171/

The relevant part:
    Don't see your phone make and model on the list? That means it'll no longer work by February 2022. So, you'll need to upgrade to a new one.
    It's fine if you don't agree with their policy or don't want to believe it is true, but do you mind taking those objections to a different thread? I'd rather this thread remain for discussing whitelisted dual SIM phones.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by habbee View Post
    It's fine if you don't agree with their policy or don't want to believe it is true, but do you mind taking those objections to a different thread? I'd rather this thread remain for discussing whitelisted dual SIM phones.
    Agree 100%; threads do get quickly off topic. Sorry.

Feedback Score
    Here is the announcement straight from the network itself: https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1324171/

The relevant part:
    Okay. That's what it says. That's the part that's missing from the earlier link.

Feedback Score

Which VoLTE Phones Are Dual SIM? (Physical, Not eSIM)

I was interested in the Nokia XR20. It looks like it has dual-SIM, BUT I think it might only work with AT&T/T-Mobile and their MVNOs.

https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_us/n...VMA750D9FI1LV0

However, if I am reading this correctly, it WILL work with BOTH AT&T AND Verizon!

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency.../US/nokia-xr20

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    I was interested in the Nokia XR20. It looks like it has dual-SIM, BUT I think it might only work with AT&T/T-Mobile and their MVNOs.

https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_us/n...VMA750D9FI1LV0

However, if I am reading this correctly, it WILL work with BOTH AT&T AND Verizon!

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency.../US/nokia-xr20
    Thanks again, but unfortunately this phone isn't in ATT's whitelist. It looks like it just got released a few days ago. Weird that ATT isn't allowing a literally brand-new phone from a reputable manufacturer.

Feedback Score
    There are 4 TCL phones listed in ATT's whitelist:
    • TCL 10 SE (T766S)
    • TCL 10 Pro (T799B)
    • TCL 10L (T770B)
    • TCL 20S (T7730)

Is yours one of these?

Is the OnePlus N10 5G the same as the OnePlus N10 (BE2026) that is in the whitelist?

I'm not against it. It's just that my MVNO (and most MVNOs from what I've heard) don't support eSIMs.
    My TCL is not the one of the four in your list. it is working on at&t with VoLTE.
    The BE2026 is OnePlus N10 5G retail unlocked version ...
    Basically, any BYOD users bring in full compatible phone with at&t VoLTE compatible , today is working, tomorrow will be still working, two years later it will be still working on at&t ..

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Tello
    Feedback Score
    My TCL is not the one of the four in your list. it is working on at&t with VoLTE.
    The BE2026 is OnePlus N10 5G retail unlocked version ...
    Basically, any BYOD users bring in full compatible phone with at&t VoLTE compatible , today is working, tomorrow will be still working, two years later it will be still working on at&t ..
    Working fine for now. They do IMEI sweeps. Stop derailing this thread and go read all the reports on reddit. It’s already been happening. Started with Cricket and AT&T Prepaid, moved to postpaid, and MVNOs are next up. If the IMEI isn’t on their whitelist, you’ll be getting kicked off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
    Working fine for now. They do IMEI sweeps. Stop derailing this thread and go read all the reports on reddit. It’s already been happening. Started with Cricket and AT&T Prepaid, moved to postpaid, and MVNOs are next up. If the IMEI isn’t on their whitelist, you’ll be getting kicked off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Then fix your IMEI

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk

BTA-44: MTA-29: MSA-41: PEA-40: CMA-41: BEA-78: MEA-24
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S21 Ultra, Galaxy S10+, Galaxy S8, LG K7, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Does this requirement of approved VoLTE phones have anything to do with the HD Voice AT&T uses for voice services? I read somewhere that HD Voice is something slightly different than just standard VoLTE?

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T Unlimited Elite & Unlimited Starter
    HBOMAX

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shortyd999 View Post
    Does this requirement of approved VoLTE phones have anything to do with the HD Voice AT&T uses for voice services? I read somewhere that HD Voice is something slightly different than just standard VoLTE?

at&t's "HD voice" is just VoLTE, no difference. Only a faking name like 5Ge

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shortyd999 View Post

Volte doesn't necessarily mean HD voice. It can be a standard 12.2 kbps. HD Voice will be either 12.65KB wide band or 13.2 kbps EVS. On at&t, Volte is required to connect at these bit rates.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto G Power, Moto G Stylus, Moto E6
    Carrier(s)
    Liberty Wireless, Tracfone, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    Volte doesn't necessarily mean HD voice.
    Correct, VoLTE simply means “Voice over LTE”.

HD Voice requires VoLTE, but is not the same thing. It does work with most cell phones now that T-Mobile & Verizon have compatible HD Voice codecs.

Also, HD Voice does not work with landlines, only between cell phones.

Device(s)
    Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, Moto G7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T,
    Feedback Score
    No, it's not. AT&T has been disabling this devices recently. And one actually has to make a call to 611 to add the IMEI back in. Just this past MOnday, upon return from an international trip, myself and family had all our devices disabled after 5 minutes or so upon landing, and connecting to the network. We had to call 611 to have the IMEI's added back in. The devices we were using are Samsung Galaxy A50 DS Latin American version, Samsung Galaxy A51/DS Latin American version, Xiaomi Mi mix2 international version, and Xiaomi MI 8 Pro. These devices are all fully compatible with AT&T LTE network and have been on the network for at least a year. It's just that they were not in the so called white-list.

Stop spreading false information.
    at&t whitelist is meaningless.
    Millions phones work well with VoLTE on at&t ,not on their list...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcamp View Post
    No, it's not. AT&T has been disabling this devices recently. And one actually has to make a call to 611 to add the IMEI back in. Just this past MOnday, upon return from an international trip, myself and family had all our devices disabled after 5 minutes or so upon landing, and connecting to the network. We had to call 611 to have the IMEI's added back in. The devices we were using are Samsung Galaxy A50 DS Latin American version, Samsung Galaxy A51/DS Latin American version, Xiaomi Mi mix2 international version, and Xiaomi MI 8 Pro. These devices are all fully compatible with AT&T LTE network and have been on the network for at least a year. It's just that they were not in the so called white-list.
    If they add IMEI one by one to make the database huge and very inefficient ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast