Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Where to see MVNO coverage maps by zip code?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    52
    Feedback Score
    0

    Where to see MVNO coverage maps by zip code?

    OK, the post at
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...-Coverage-Maps
    tells us that the three big carriers inflate (as expected) their coverage maps,
    and the FTC has no better answers.
    We know that the MVNOs provide coverage that is not quite as good as
    their respective major service providers.
    Is there a website where I can see the coverage of an MVNO in a certain area?
    Like,... RedPocket's Verizon (CDMA) coverage in zip code 12345?
    Now, THAT would be Good information. !

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    SID 246
    Posts
    2,821
    Device(s)
    iPhone, OnePlus 8, iPhone 7 Plus (Car phone)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile PostPaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark51 View Post
    OK, the post at
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...-Coverage-Maps
    tells us that the three big carriers inflate (as expected) their coverage maps,
    and the FTC has no better answers.
    We know that the MVNOs provide coverage that is not quite as good as
    their respective major service providers.
    Is there a website where I can see the coverage of an MVNO in a certain area?
    Like,... RedPocket's Verizon (CDMA) coverage in zip code 12345?
    Now, THAT would be Good information. !

    Thanks.
    Verizon redpocket will have the same coverage as Verizon 3G/LTE except no roaming. There is zero difference

    Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

    I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

    My Photography www.hunterspad.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    488
    Feedback Score
    0
    I remember finding some such sites but I do not remember them. Anyway, you should find some coverage map information on most/any/all of the carriers' websites, both for major carriers and for mobile virtual operator carriers.


    I made a quick web search and found these but I have not visited and checked them yet:

    https://www.upphone.com/coverage-map/
    https://www.spypoint.com/en/coverage
    https://www.cellmapper.net/map
    Last edited by joseg2016; 09-08-2021 at 10:21 PM. Reason: found and input additional information

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    52
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks for your opinion, Hyelton, but there are many on this forum who think there IS a difference.

    Thanks for those links, Joseg. I looked at them, and others, and arrived at nothing of real value.

    Interesting: I did a DuckDuckGo search for 'mvno coverage map" and THIS Forum Post came up as the Third result !

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    SID 246
    Posts
    2,821
    Device(s)
    iPhone, OnePlus 8, iPhone 7 Plus (Car phone)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile PostPaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark51 View Post
    Thanks for your opinion, Hyelton, but there are many on this forum who think there IS a difference.

    Thanks for those links, Joseg. I looked at them, and others, and arrived at nothing of real value.

    Interesting: I did a DuckDuckGo search for 'mvno coverage map" and THIS Forum Post came up as the Third result !
    The only actual difference is lack of roaming and your data speeds are will be behind those of postpaid customers. Native Coverage there is zero difference.


    Also any mvno coverage maps you may find will also most likely be out of date.

    Also remember coverage maps are not always truthful. Verizon and atts own website show excellent coverage at my house. Postpaid, prepaid, mvno all the same and all have crap service and unusable.

    Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    156
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
    The only actual difference is lack of roaming and your data speeds are will be behind those of postpaid customers. Native Coverage there is zero difference.



    Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
    That sums it up nicely.

    Sent from my moto g power using HoFo mobile app

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone know where to see pictures taken by v710?
    By redhawk006 in forum Feature Phones
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-30-2004, 12:40 PM
  2. Where to see the V600 at Metrotown?
    By Mac Write in forum Fido
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-19-2004, 04:12 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-18-2004, 03:24 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 09:57 PM
  5. Needs to Update there Coverage Maps!!
    By Jon_guy in forum Fido
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2002, 09:50 PM

Bookmarks