Thread: Identifying Verizon towers C-band

Feedback Score

Question Identifying Verizon towers C-band

Sorry if this has already been posted. I searched first and couldn't find anything. Regardless, I was wondering if there were any telltale signs of C-band equipment on Verizon towers? Do the panels have a different or distinct look, etc.?

The reason I ask is because I spoke with level 2 technical support about a problem with voice service in my area and the technician mentioned that he saw in his notes something about C-band equipment being deployed on my tower.

I drove by the tower, but it looks just like all of the others in my area. In fact, it is still 4G LTE only at the moment.

I know that C-band will not start rolling out until later this year/early next, but still. I looked at a map of the different markets and my town is at the edge of three different counties that are in 3 different markets: mine (where the tower is physically located) is in the Indianapolis market, which is one of the initial ones that will get it. My town borders two other counties that fall into the Richmond, IN and Fort Wayne markets - which will get it later.

Just curious. Any insight is, of course, greatly appreciated!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeNobodyX2019 View Post
    Sorry if this has already been posted. I searched first and couldn't find anything. Regardless, I was wondering if there were any telltale signs of C-band equipment on Verizon towers? Do the panels have a different or distinct look, etc.?

The reason I ask is because I spoke with level 2 technical support about a problem with voice service in my area and the technician mentioned that he saw in his notes something about C-band equipment being deployed on my tower.

I drove by the tower, but it looks just like all of the others in my area. In fact, it is still 4G LTE only at the moment.

I know that C-band will not start rolling out until later this year/early next, but still. I looked at a map of the different markets and my town is at the edge of three different counties that are in 3 different markets: mine (where the tower is physically located) is in the Indianapolis market, which is one of the initial ones that will get it. My town borders two other counties that fall into the Richmond, IN and Fort Wayne markets - which will get it later.

Just curious. Any insight is, of course, greatly appreciated!
    Don’t trust reps be patient. Time will come when there’s more mmWave and c band deployment. It’s like with me. No rep wanted to tell me the closet location to me which is two houses down lol. I get mmWave in parts of my house etc and I also get T-Mobiles c band very close to me. Like you I think I care more about c band than mmWave because I can live with speeds between 400 and 800 mbps. I just hope carriers light up the skies once the new iPhones come out like some did last year when Verizon blessed my city with mmWave then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile does not have any C-Band deployed and will not until the end of 2023. Are you referring to their 2.5 GHz Band 41/n41?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    T-Mobile does not have any C-Band deployed and will not until the end of 2023. Are you referring to their 2.5 GHz Band 41/n41?
    and depending on how the 2.5 GHz goes next year who knows how serious T-Mobile will be about deploying any of that c-band?

Feedback Score
    Isn’t n41 and n71 5G bands they are using ? I can’t believe these are just LTE bands while getting those kinds of speeds that I couldn’t get before

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile is very serious about deploying C-Band. They spent billions of dollars to get 40 MHz of it in most major cities; that’s what, half a gigabit of additional speed? That’ll really come in handy for them at the end of 2023 when their 2.5 GHz n41 begins to get congested.

Feedback Score
    T-Mobile is very serious about deploying C-Band. They spent billions of dollars to get 40 MHz of it in most major cities; that’s what, half a gigabit of additional speed? That’ll really come in handy for them at the end of 2023 when their 2.5 GHz n41 begins to get congested.

They could also participate in the 3.45-3.55 auction and pick up 40 MHz there. It can be deployed 18 months sooner is lower in frequency than the 3.94-3.98 they bought and should be cheaper which means they could sell their c-band offerings and pay for the 3.45-3.55 licenses and make a profit