Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ATT Promises to steal mobile customers from rivals

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 12 mini
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon (Spectrum Mobile)
    Feedback Score
    Unless I’m completely missing the obvious, that article doesn’t mention UL CA.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, Galaxy S10e
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I’ve seen UL CA work on my iPhone 11 Pro and 12 Pro. I haven’t yet on the 13 Pro Max but know it supports relevant UL combos with 12 and 5 (66-12, 2-12, 30-12, 66-5, 2-5, 30-5) but once again the iPhones do not support B14 UL CA, which I can confirm had LTE UL CA. I’ve gotten 65 Mbps on n5 + 66, and 68 Mbps on 66+14 UL, but only ever about 51 Mbps on plain AWS in 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Another thing to keep in mind is when doing UL CA you’re always limited to either 2CA or 3CA so unless the network is smart enough to lower you off of 4/5CA for UL CA you may not see it often. ENDC UL is far more easy to trigger. Anyway, a list of combos that involve AT&T UL CA on the 13 Pro Max:

66-12
    66-12-2
    66-5
    66-66-5
    12-2
    12-2-2
    12-4
    12-4-2
    30-12-4
    5-2
    5-4
    5-5
    30-5
    66-5-5
    66-5-2

For the iPhone 12 Pro Max:

66-5
    66-12
    66-12-2
    66-2-12
    66-66-5

So it seems the 13 Pro Max is quite a bit more UL CA capable.

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 12 mini
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon (Spectrum Mobile)
    Feedback Score
    Are those combos interchangeable? In other words, does 12-2 mean 2-12 is also supported? Or are those explicit where the PCC must be the first band in the combo?

Device(s)
    Motorola 5g (Unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Awaiting my prepaid SIM to arrive today. Porting from T-Mobile, I was previously with AT&T postpaid, pricing was too much for what I use the phone for and switched to T-Mobile postpaid. Was very happy with the AT&T coverage before I switched, just too expensive for my daily usage. Took T-Mobile on a road trip and had too many dead spots along the highway. Make it affordable, they will come.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blkballoon925 View Post
    Are those combos interchangeable? In other words, does 12-2 mean 2-12 is also supported? Or are those explicit where the PCC must be the first band in the combo?
    I don’t believe so, but it’s been so long since I’ve seen UL CA on an 11 Pro.

Device(s)
    LG G8, Galaxy A32 5G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    That is talking about download CA. I know basically all phones today use that, and my LG G8 does 5CA almost constantly on AT&T. But as for upload CA on LTE, it seems no Samsung devices support it, and only iPhones do. https://cacombos.com

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zspa710 View Post
    That is talking about download CA. I know basically all phones today use that, and my LG G8 does 5CA almost constantly on AT&T. But as for upload CA on LTE, it seems no Samsung devices support it, and only iPhones do. https://cacombos.com
    Samsung devices with 5G support it. My note 20 ultra aggregates the primary lte band and the nsa nr band

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Pixel 4 XL
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blkballoon925 View Post
    Good luck. Been saying for years how badly AT&T needs to densify. Verizon's got small cells all over the place near me, tons of mmWave in cities and even on suburban neighborhood street corners, and speeds that are often faster deprioritized than AT&T on QCI7.

If they want to "steal" customers from Verizon and T-Mobile, they need to get latency under control (it has been 80+ms for over a month now), get upload CA going to improve abysmal upload speeds (especially with B12 PCC), and densify so that you're not stuck on B12-only in the suburbs and rural areas.

Until that's done, I can't see how anybody's going to come to AT&T: T-Mobile's got the lock on low-cost service, and Verizon still has the most robust, fastest network at a premium price. AT&T seems to be trying to ride the middle, but over the past couple years they've been too busy wasting money on entertainment and other "side projects," while the competition's continuous investments in upgrades are pushing AT&T closer to T-Mobile/Sprint-level quality at a near-Verizon price.
    Here in Northern Virginia AT&T and Verizon need to densify compared to T-Mobile who had to densify initially because they didn't have band 12 or band 71 years ago. It's helped them in the long run.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus Product Red
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Visible, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I was in Arlington yesterday and didn't have a problem. 300+ on LTE, T-Mobile was ~130 on LTE but with n41 it was ~640.

Outside of cities, T-Mobile is the one who needs to get some density. 50+ mile dead zone near Richmond, While Verizon and AT&T never lost service.

Even with weak spots where AT&T doesn't have a tower while Verizon or T-Mobile do, I've never experienced things never loading or endless buffering like Verizon or T-Mobile would do.

Device(s)
    Motorola 5g (Unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by echance20 View Post
    I’m on 55+ T-Mobile one plan grandfathered @ $60 with one plus promo free. If AT&T matched this with taxes and fees included they will win my business
    I just left T-Mobile with the 55+ $50 plan and switched to AT&T's prepaid 5gb rollover option for $30/month. I'm not a heavy data user, never had issues with AT&T service just the price. Left a year ago from AT&T paying $108 w/taxes to T-Mobile $50 plan. AT&T Customer service said the best they can do is $10 off before switching to T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 Mini
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I have that $30 SWAC plan from Sprint.

My plan includes manual/auto domestic voice/data roaming on ATT and others wherever T-Mobile doesn't offer service.

I doubt ATT would ever match this.

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using HoFo mobile app
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Visible, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    I have that $30 SWAC plan from Sprint.

My plan includes manual/auto domestic voice/data roaming on ATT and others wherever T-Mobile doesn't offer service.

I doubt ATT would ever match this.

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using HoFo mobile app
    I have the same plan and it doesn't do this for me. I've been in a few no service areas for T-Mobile and Sprint. I roamed one time and it was very brief on Verizon 1X.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryland View Post
    I was in Arlington yesterday and didn't have a problem. 300+ on LTE, T-Mobile was ~130 on LTE but with n41 it was ~640.

Outside of cities, T-Mobile is the one who needs to get some density. 50+ mile dead zone near Richmond, While Verizon and AT&T never lost service.

Even with weak spots where AT&T doesn't have a tower while Verizon or T-Mobile do, I've never experienced things never loading or endless buffering like Verizon or T-Mobile would do.
    I made a trip to Richmond from the North the same day. AT&T was solid all the way. I did not take my T-Mo phone to check, but have previously checked an area 20 mi. South of Fredericksburg. T-Mo was poor to non-existent there.

With the exception of the Kings Dominion amusement park, there is not much along I95 between Fredericksburg and Richmond other than miles and miles of farm and undeveloped land.

However, I95 is one of the busiest interstate highways in the US, running between Florida and Maine. T-Mo continues to drop the ball there.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Visible, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I made a trip to Richmond from the North the same day. AT&T was solid all the way. I did not take my T-Mo phone to check, but have previously checked an area 20 mi. South of Fredericksburg. T-Mo was poor to non-existent there.

With the exception of the Kings Dominion amusement park, there is not much along I95 between Fredericksburg and Richmond other than miles and miles of farm and undeveloped land.

However, I95 is one of the busiest interstate highways in the US, running between Florida and Maine. T-Mo continues to drop the ball there.
    Yikes. Bowling Green? I went through there back in July. T-Mobile lost service right at Bowling Green on 301, went down to rt 30, was still dead til Central Garage, had service for about a mile and then dead til West Port, VA. ~50 miles of no service.

Even around Williamsburg I only found n41 near the main highway, and in Williamsburg I was on sprint 98% of the time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast