Thread: Anyone using a Samsung A51 (A-515F/DS) on Mint Mobile?

Carrier(s)
    Mint, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Anyone using a Samsung A51 (A-515F/DS) on Mint Mobile?

I've been struggling to get this phone to IMS Register and to get the voLTE to operate on Mint Mobile.

This phone is spec'd to be US LTE Compatible. It has all of the necessary bands.

I must say, I have a $3/Mon T-Mobile SIM in this phone also and it doesn't have the problems that Mint has.
    When making voice calls on Mint it switches to GPRS, UMTS or HSPA+. Never 4G LTE. I have also tested Mint on a Nokia 6(TA-1025) and it Registers, and voLTE has never failed, but it's only a Single SIM phone.

Device(s)
    Moto G Stylus, Moto E6
    Carrier(s)
    Liberty Wireless, Tracfone, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Under the APN settings what are the MCC/MNC numbers for Mint? If they are 310-260 that can be a problem with some phones getting VoLTE. I ran into this problem with Red Pocket GSMT (T-Mobile)

Hope this helps

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    This is an international phone, and I have seen lots of international phones have issues with getting features with US carriers.

Carrier(s)
    Mint, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks Digital Rules

The Mint APN does have MCC = 310 and MNC = 260.
    What did you do with these values?

Device(s)
    Moto G Stylus, Moto E6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Unfortunately there's probably nothing you can do to get VoLTE with that phone on most T-Mobile MNVO's now that they use the 240 MNC. I have an unlocked Moto G4 Play phone that get's VoLTE on Liberty Wireless (260 MNC) but won't on Red Pocket GSMT (T-Mobile). I gave up trying to get it to work & am now using a Moto E6 which does work fine (& also has the all important Band 71)

Oops, I had the MNC numbers backwards --T-Mobile proper is 260---Some MVNOs use 240
    Thanks Yeswap!!
    Last edited by Digital Rules; 09-17-2021 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Fixed MNC numbers

Device(s)
    Pixel 3 XL, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, TracFone, TextNow, Moto E2
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Unfortunately there's probably nothing you can do to get VoLTE with that phone on most T-Mobile MNVO's now that they use the 260 MNC. I have an unlocked Moto G4 Play phone that get's VoLTE on Liberty Wireless (240 MNC) but won't on Red Pocket GSMT (T-Mobile). I gave up trying to get it to work & am now using a Moto E6 which does work fine (& also has the all important Band 71)
    That doesn't sound right. MNC 260 is the traditional T-Mobile one that's AFAIK still used by T-Mobile itself and older MVNOs like Mint. MMC 240 is the one that some T-Mobile MVNOs started using this year. I've seen lots of reports of issues with MNC 240 but none with MNC 260.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Device(s)
    Moto G Stylus, Moto E6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    That doesn't sound right. MNC 260 is the traditional T-Mobile one that's AFAIK still used by T-Mobile itself and older MVNOs like Mint. MMC 240 is the one that some T-Mobile MVNOs started using this year. I've seen lots of reports of issues with MNC 240 but none with MNC 260.
    Thanks, I had the numbers inverted. Wondering if the OP's phone issue is because it is an International model as mentioned earlier?

Carrier(s)
    Mint, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I believe this issue is resolved!

It turns out that the Mint SIM needed to be in SIM slot #1 of the dual SIM Samsung A51 phone, because of a data usage issue(?). The Mint SIM is now IMS Registered and calls are consistently by be voLTE. WiFi Calling is working great also. I employed a T-Mobile APN named 'T-Mobile IMS' along with the two Mint APNs.