Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Verizonís current fiber rollouts are all connected to 5G

BTA-44: MTA-29: MSA-41: PEA-40: CMA-41: BEA-78: MEA-24
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S21 Ultra, Galaxy S10+, Galaxy S8, LG K7, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score

Verizonís current fiber rollouts are all connected to 5G

That's great they're deploying fiber along with the 5G deployments. Backhaul will not be an issue when VZW's 5G (UWB) is more widespread. Tmobile won't be able to say the same regarding their 5G (Ultra Capacity) network!

https://www.fiercewireless.com/opera...onnected-to-5g

When you think of Verizon and fiber, you tend to think of Fios, which is a fiber-based brand in the Northeast U.S. that bundles connectivity, voice and video. But Verizon has other fiber, as well, including long-haul routes. And the company is currently deploying lots of fiber as part of its 5G roll-outs.

Aparna Khurjekar, president of Verizon Business Markets, said, ďAll the 5G nodes need fiber. We are very aggressive in laying out fiber and 5G in the right places. It [fiber] is always associated with 5G. We believe 5G is the future of bandwidth connectivity.Ē

Verizon and AT&T vie for the most fiber in the United States with each having more than 800,000 route miles, according to analysts at Cowen.

As part of its 5G/fiber rollouts, Verizon is also looking to help close the digital divide. And it sees fixed wireless access (FWA) as a technology to help with that. In an announcement earlier this year, Verizon said, ďLaying fiber cable over long distances and wide areas is expensive and difficult, but 5G wireless broadband could prove a worthwhile investment for those communities.Ē

It said rural homes and businesses, where 5G becomes available, could get fast wireless internet through 5G FWA services.

Besides using FWA to help close the digital divide, Verizon Business is touting the technology to its small and medium business customers as a replacement to cable and legacy telecom connections.

Verizon Business is currently offering its 5G Business Internet FWA service in parts of 54 U.S. cities.

Of FWA, Khurjekar said, ďWeíre seeing a lot of interest in the mid-size market. It started with Business Internet being a backup or temporary solution.Ē But now businesses are replacing plain old telephone service (POTS) lines with the fixed wireless service.

Business who switch their connectivity from another provider get a credit of up to $1,500 to offset early termination fees.

Verizon also offers 4G FWA service to businesses. ďWe want to blanket the U.S.,Ē said Khurjekar. ďWherever we have wireless 4G today, weíre open for Business Internet as well.Ē

According to its FWA website, there are two types of equipment needed for the 5G Business Internet service:

An outdoor 5G receiver, which is mounted on the roof or side of the building by a Verizon technician. A router, either purchased from Verizon and installed by the Verizon technician; or an existing, compatible enterprise-grade router from select manufacturers.

Besides Verizon, T-Mobile has jumped on FWA as a way to serve internet to businesses. But, unlike Verizon, T-Mobile is new to the business market.

Asked if Verizon sees T-Mobileís entrance into the business market as a threat, Khurjekar said, ďThe mid-size business and small business is not a one-and-done. It needs a lot of care and nurturing. We have the infrastructure to do that. We have the sales person, followed by this support infrastructure.Ē

She added, ďWith more than 50% of the workforce coming from SMBs itís a space that really needs to be talked about. We find a lot of mid-market players need help from us.Ē

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T Unlimited Elite & Unlimited Starter
    HBOMAX

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Device(s)
    Samsung N9
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    I can't wait for 5G home broadband. I will finally be able to get rid of awful docsis!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    LTE its the network !

Feedback Score
    Where I live it will be a very long wait for 5G

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dtv757 View Post
    I can't wait for 5G home broadband. I will finally be able to get rid of awful docsis!!

Iím sorry.

Iíll take a fixed line wired connection over a fragile wireless link any day of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Samsung N9
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    Iím sorry.

Iíll take a fixed line wired connection over a fragile wireless link any day of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Usually yes ill take FTTH any day over docsis and 5G .. but this horific docsis service ...

It not only affects my residential address but also my place of work (business account ) . We have had like 14 major multi-day outages at my place of work and 2 in the past 2 weeks. Right now my work has no service from the docsis company... its 1000x garbage...

RANT: No one should have to suffer from docsis wish more areas had FTTH

Feedback Score
    Usually yes ill take FTTH any day over docsis and 5G .. but this horific docsis service ...

It not only affects my residential address but also my place of work (business account ) . We have had like 14 major multi-day outages at my place of work and 2 in the past 2 weeks. Right now my work has no service from the docsis company... its 1000x garbage...

RANT: No one should have to suffer from docsis wish more areas had FTTH
    I would agree that no one should have to suffer with BAD DOCSIS. My DOCSIS cable provider (Cox) works very well with much less outages than my electric. I have FTTH available. I may switch and try it some day.

Device(s)
    Samsung N9
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    That is the company I suffer from

I have also heard nightmares from altice/Optimum

Feedback Score
    Not a surprise to me. During the past few years when Verizon did not have new spectrum to deploy they spent their capital on rolling a lot of fiber to be ready for new spectrum.

Device(s)
    Samsung N9
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Didn't they buy a lot of glass /fiber from corning a few years back ?

https://www.corning.com/worldwide/en...solutions.html

Feedback Score
    Didn't they buy a lot of glass /fiber from corning a few years back ?

https://www.corning.com/worldwide/en...solutions.html

They bought so much that Corning built a factory just to produce for Verizon.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung N9
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    I'm glad vz is running their own fiber now !!! Vs using the connection from the cable cos...

Feedback Score
    To call Verizon's current 5G coverage pitiful is being extremely kind. I understand that they are about to launch more coverage using C-Band spectrum, but I have serious doubts about whether or not that spectrum is going to be able to cover the kind of distances that will be necessary to provide meaningful rural service and service along highways of all kind, not just interstates, but US and state highways as well. By it's frequency, C-Band will not cover as well as the 700 Mhz spectrum Verizon currently uses for LTE, but maybe I am wrong and 5G coverage will not turn into the huge tiny polka-dot mess. I hope I am wrong, because Verizon has excellent LTE coverage right now.

Verizon does not offer FIOS or any sort of home internet service anywhere in this state. In which states do they currently offer these services? Is it just in the northeast or is is "nationwide"?

Device(s)
    Samsung N9
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Fios is north east / mid Atlantic only.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mwdewey View Post
    To call Verizon's current 5G coverage pitiful is being extremely kind. I understand that they are about to launch more coverage using C-Band spectrum, but I have serious doubts about whether or not that spectrum is going to be able to cover the kind of distances that will be necessary to provide meaningful rural service and service along highways of all kind, not just interstates, but US and state highways as well. By it's frequency, C-Band will not cover as well as the 700 Mhz spectrum Verizon currently uses for LTE, but maybe I am wrong and 5G coverage will not turn into the huge tiny polka-dot mess. I hope I am wrong, because Verizon has excellent LTE coverage right now.

Verizon does not offer FIOS or any sort of home internet service anywhere in this state. In which states do they currently offer these services? Is it just in the northeast or is is "nationwide"?
    Verizon FIOS services parts of New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia, and Washington, DC.

Map:
    https://broadbandnow.com/Verizon-Fios

In 2015 Verizon sold their FIOS, along with other wireline assets, to Frontier in California, Florida and Texas. Verizon does not plan to expand FIOS any further.

I have Vz FIOS available in central Virginia out on the rural fringe of suburbia. The vault is in my yard. I was going to switch from cable, but the cable company gave me a no-contract deal that lowered my bill by $48 a month with no change in service. FIOS would be considerably more expensive. I don't need the FIOS upload speed.

Device(s)
    Samsung N9
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    If FTTH is available you'll should never go back to docsis .

I know people do it for the pricing wars ...

But be lucky you have fiber available. I suffer from horific POS docsis ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast