Thread: Will Cricket Phone Upgrade Cost Me my 5/$100 Plan?

Device(s)
    Motorola W315
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel U
    Feedback Score

Will Cricket Phone Upgrade Cost Me my 5/$100 Plan?

I have the old 5 lines for $100 plan and would like to keep it unless someone can point out something equivalent or better. Two of those lines received the text that the phones (Moto G5+ and Moto G7) needed to upgraded by February. One of these new phones we want to be an iPhone SE (probably). I usually buy new unlocked phones and just put the old SIM in the new phone. An unlocked iPhone SE is $400. Cricket has the SE for $250 plus $25 upgrade fee with a min $30/mo plan. Does the my 5/$100 plan count for that? If I make this upgrade through Cricket, will it cause me to lose my 5/$100 plan? What other options should I be considering?
    WAR EAGLE!!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Any changes will cancel that plan. Buy or phone separatele.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    If you buy a phone from cricket and pay the $25 upgrade free, they will cancel your 5/$100 plan? Ty

Device(s)
    Motorola W315
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel U
    Feedback Score
    Can I open a new account and get the iPhone SE for free and just pay for the $60 plan for 3 months, effectively getting it for $180, but just put my current SIM in the new phone? Or will Cricket know what I am doing and block it or cancel my plan for that? The offer details says phone may be restricted to Cricket network until completion of 6 months of service after activation, but does that really matter since I plan to stay with Cricket anyway, although on a different account?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flush View Post
    Can I open a new account and get the iPhone SE for free and just pay for the $60 plan for 3 months, effectively getting it for $180, but just put my current SIM in the new phone? Or will Cricket know what I am doing and block it or cancel my plan for that? The offer details says phone may be restricted to Cricket network until completion of 6 months of service after activation, but does that really matter since I plan to stay with Cricket anyway, although on a different account?
    I have opened a new account in the past, five lines for $125, got five discounted phones, used those phones in my existing 5/$100 plan and just let the new plan die. That was a couple years ago.

Feedback Score

phone upgrade

if you upgrade your phone on the grandfathered 5/100 plan you will not lose your plan. i am a cricket dealer and we do upgrades all the time and the plan never changes.