Thread: Make a split arrangement with autopay discount? or One time payment option?

Feedback Score

Make a split arrangement with autopay discount? or One time payment option?

We were planning on using a split arrangement with my in-laws to pay for our Verizon bill. After looking into it more, it seems to be more difficult to do than I expected if it can be done at all. If we both have an eligible payment option (debit card, checking account. Verizon CC) can a split arrangement be used?

If the autopay discount does not allow it to be split, it looks like we might be able to use a one time payment option before the autopay date as long as the payment option is also eligible for the discount? Thanks

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Make a split arrangement with autopay discount? or One time payment option?

Quote Originally Posted by sprtfan View Post
    We were planning on using a split arrangement with my in-laws to pay for our Verizon bill. After looking into it more, it seems to be more difficult to do than I expected if it can be done at all. If we both have an eligible payment option (debit card, checking account. Verizon CC) can a split arrangement be used?

If the autopay discount does not allow it to be split, it looks like we might be able to use a one time payment option before the autopay date as long as the payment option is also eligible for the discount? Thanks
    Why don’t you just pay it all yourselves and have them give you some $$ every month automatically?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jtludwig View Post
    Why don’t you just pay it all yourselves and have them give you some $$ every month automatically?
    I agree. With autopay, it is all or nothing and not broken into partial payments.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    Moto G7, Galaxy Tab 7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Split it in half! Pay with one card then, use another card. Easy peasy! I've paid for a my groceries at the supermarket and department store with cash and the other portion with credit card. They never gave me a hard time. Everything went well.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S20+, REVVL 5G
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, TMobile prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Yeah. You’ll just have to use two eligible payment methods if you want to split the payment like that.

I have auto pay turned on, but I still pay it myself before the date. I’ve split the payment using two debit cards and nothing was affected.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by quint101 View Post
    Yeah. You’ll just have to use two eligible payment methods if you want to split the payment like that.

I have auto pay turned on, but I still pay it myself before the date. I’ve split the payment using two debit cards and nothing was affected.
    Thanks, that was the info I was looking for. Not as convenient as splitting the autopay out right, but still better than needing to be paid directly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jameny5 View Post
    Split it in half! Pay with one card then, use another card. Easy peasy! I've paid for a my groceries at the supermarket and department store with cash and the other portion with credit card. They never gave me a hard time. Everything went well.
    Verizon has a discount connected to autopay with an eligible payment method. I could split it between credit cards easy, but my bill would got up $40 a month if I did.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jtludwig View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is an option, but not as easy or convenient. Still might go this route depending on how things work out but will give the early payment option a try first.

Device(s)
    Moto Z4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless (1994, GTE MobileNet)
    Feedback Score
    I have autopay against my checking account, and make several manual partial payments with a credit card. Whatever balance is outstanding on the autopay date is pulled from my checking account. It says that I am receiving the autopay/paperless discount. Am I missing something here?

Feedback Score
    I work for Verizon and I do split bill myself, here is how to do it....have the other party send a payment for their portion of the bill to reach the account a couple of day before the billing cycle closes... Verizon will accept the payment as a credit on the account, when the billing cycle closes It will show only the other portion of the bill which will be automatically charged on auto pay.....I hope this help.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto Z4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless (1994, GTE MobileNet)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by laafiera View Post
    I work for Verizon and I do split bill myself, here is how to do it....have the other party send a payment for their portion of the bill to reach the account a couple of day before the billing cycle closes... Verizon will accept the payment as a credit on the account, when the billing cycle closes It will show only the other portion of the bill which will be automatically charged on auto pay.....I hope this help.
    The way it works for me, is that the other party just has to make their partial payment before the auto-bill date, even it is after the billing cycle close date. The amount of the auto-bill is automatically adjusted to be the balance. Even though the other party uses a credit card for the partial payment, the auto-bill is to my checking account, and I still get the "auto-bill/paperless" discount. I don't know if this is how it is supposed to work, but that is how it is working for me. At least for now.