Thread: True Factory Unlocked Moto E (2020)

Feedback Score

True Factory Unlocked Moto E (2020)

I'm considering a Moto E(2020) to replace my wonderful factory unlocked Moto E4 (xt1768). I usually buy on ebay but we know how deceptive ads are. I know they're xt2052-1 but I usually check the actual MPN and UPC to be sure. Anyone have a genuine true "factory"unlocked MotoE and can provide this info?
    I'm finding 2 that seem to be, but have different MPN's and UPC's and I can't find anything on the web that provides differences. Thanks.

I love my E4 and the closest match size wise in a newer phone is the E6. But it lacks band71 which seems to be a must have if someone would want to use TMO. The MotoE is pushing my size limits. Any other Motos recommended ?
    For my type usage I try to stick with sub $100 phones. Speed and great cameras aren't a factor.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    I'm considering a Moto E(2020) to replace my wonderful factory unlocked Moto E4 (xt1768). I usually buy on ebay but we know how deceptive ads are. I know they're xt2052-1 but I usually check the actual MPN and UPC to be sure. Anyone have a genuine true "factory"unlocked MotoE and can provide this info?
    I'm finding 2 that seem to be, but have different MPN's and UPC's and I can't find anything on the web that provides differences. Thanks.

I love my E4 and the closest match size wise in a newer phone is the E6. But it lacks band71 which seems to be a must have if someone would want to use TMO. The MotoE is pushing my size limits. Any other Motos recommended ?
    For my type usage I try to stick with sub $100 phones. Speed and great cameras aren't a factor.
    The specs I read said that the Moto E(2020) has lte band 71 (and 41 and the other T-Mo bands). IIRC, it has all the major and minor bands for all three carriers, but not any foreign bands. I think they all have since about after the G6 era.

The E(2020) is about it for $100 and under factory unlocked Motos unless you want to go back a generation or two. Aside from the E(2020) I have an E5 and E6. The E5 & E6 are marginal at best for frequent use. The E6 is pretty minimalist, but light and thin. It has poor audio quality to the called party. The E(2020) performance is moderately better than the E6.

My E(2020) is a Tracfone model so I don't know about the factory unlocked model number.

My E5, E6, and E(2020) collectively cost me $130 ($30, $60, and $40) as Tracfone bundles with 3 years of service time and ~4000 units each of talk time, texts, and data MB. Since the service time and units have some value, call the effective cost of the phones about $60. The E5 was unlocked by Tracfone and works fine on T-Mobile using a TextNow SIM.

Device(s)
    Moto G Stylus, Moto E6
    Carrier(s)
    Liberty Wireless, Tracfone, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    I love my E4 and the closest match size wise in a newer phone is the E6. But it lacks band71 which seems to be a must have if someone would want to use TMO.
    The Moto E6 DOES in fact have band 71. I see it often in my travels.

Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    The E6 has poor audio quality to the called party.
    Outgoing sound quality is superb with HD Voice, but yes I agree it can be muffled on non HD calls.

Incoming audio is good no matter what. Very strange indeed . . . . .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    The Moto E6 DOES in fact have band 71. I see it often in my travels.
    Thanks. I see that now. I must have been thinking of another. Is your E6 factory unlocked? If so, xt2005-5 and MPN PAFG0014US ? Also what android version was the last it updated to ? Thx.

Device(s)
    Moto G Stylus, Moto E6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Yes, it is the XT2005-5 factory unlocked model. The Android version is 9.

Feedback Score
    Yes, it is the XT2005-5 factory unlocked model. The Android version is 9.
    Thanks. Is it also MPN PAFG0014US too ?

Device(s)
    Moto G Stylus, Moto E6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Not sure, I don't see that number anywhere on the phone. I have the box at home which is I assume would have that info.

Feedback Score
    Not sure, I don't see that number anywhere on the phone. I have the box at home which is I assume would have that info.
    Thanks. If you could check when you get home I'd appreciate it. Also the UPC code on the box. Thanks again!

Device(s)
    Moto G Stylus, Moto E6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. Is it also MPN PAFG0014US too ?
    Yep, that is the P/N that is on the box it came in.

Feedback Score

Maybe you wouldn't find your target Moto E, but you should be able to find some kind of Moto device, smartphone and buy DIRECTLY from Motorola. Possibly priced at ~150 dollars.

Buy from Motorola, and very very likely you'll be getting the phone NOT LOCKED. Understand, Moto E6 (could not imagine restrictive variations among anything called Moto E6) works with T-Mobile network (and almost certainly others).

Feedback Score
    Yep, that is the P/N that is on the box it came in.
    Thanks for your input. Just need to find the same for the Moto E and then decide.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joseg2016 View Post
    Maybe you wouldn't find your target Moto E, but you should be able to find some kind of Moto device, smartphone and buy DIRECTLY from Motorola. Possibly priced at ~150 dollars.

Buy from Motorola, and very very likely you'll be getting the phone NOT LOCKED. Understand, Moto E6 (could not imagine restrictive variations among anything called Moto E6) works with T-Mobile network (and almost certainly others).
    Thanks. Surprisingly factory unlocked Moto E's cost about the same as E6s. And there's better prices out there then what you'll find direct from Moto. I usually buy on Ebay, and then either open box, refurb or even used. You just need to do your due diligence with the buyers and when it comes to phones, also know the differences between variants of the same model phone and that means not only model number but also MPN, and also UPC can come into it. There are I believe 3 variants of the Moto E and 5 of the Moto E6. Of course some are overseas versions but even in the US models the carrier variants load their bloatware or disable something. Yes, many have the same bands, but not all unlocked carrier phones are equal to factory unlocked, and on sites like Ebay and even Amazon vendors just say unlocked.
    I've found that TF's that are DL's are the closest you can get to a factory unlocked after it's unlocked since TF DLs support all 3 networks. I've had excellent success buying used on Ebay with some extra due diligence, thus my questions. Thanks again.