Thread: Tracfone AT&T SIM on iPhone... stays on 3G all the time and doesn't go to 4G LTE. What do I do?

Feedback Score

Tracfone AT&T SIM on iPhone... stays on 3G all the time and doesn't go to 4G LTE. What do I do?

Tracfone AT&T SIM on iPhone... stays on 3G all the time and doesn't go to 4G LTE.

This is an iPhone Xs. Prior to yesterday, it was using another Tracfone AT&T SIM on 4G LTE just fine.

That SIM card expired, so I ordered another on from Tracfone on eBay. The SIM comes with 1 year of service(1200-min, 3GB data)

Everything works after I activated the new SIM card, except that it's still on 3G for some reason. I've tried texting APN to 611611, as well as sending APN from the Tracfone website. Nothing seems to work.

What do I do?

Thanks!

Device(s)
    Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    You've probably tried it, but did you turn on airplane mode for 30 seconds then turn it off to see if it would pick up another tower.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I would do a network settings reset. AT&T SIMs shouldn’t give you any issues, especially in an iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 13 Pro eSIM; Pixel 2 XL
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone 13 Pro dual-SIM [AT&T] & iPhone 13 mini [Verizon]
    Mobile Broadband: ZTE Z917 LTE hotspot (5GB for $10)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLand_BoY View Post
    I would do a network settings reset. AT&T SIMs shouldn’t give you any issues, especially in an iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    woke up this morning and somehow it resolved itself. it's been on 4G LTE ever since...

perhaps the system didn't recognize the new SIM card that was only activated yesterday.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaCL View Post
    woke up this morning and somehow it resolved itself. it's been on 4G LTE ever since...

perhaps the system didn't recognize the new SIM card that was only activated yesterday.
    Good to hear! I seem to recall something similar happen to me years ago. Make sure it stays on LTE when you make a call and doesn't fall back to 3G.

Feedback Score
    AT&T queue to make sure the details meet with their approval. Now that they are being super picky.