Thread: How is your Auto Pay set up for Verizon prepaid?

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

How is your Auto Pay set up for Verizon prepaid?

I will be moving from TracFone to Verizon prepaid in a few months (gotta burn up my minutes, etc first) and would like to know how people set up autopay...pay from your checking account, savings account, open a new savings just for prepaid cards to be added to or some other way? Do you just apply the cards to your Verizon account and let the money accrue with them and they take the monthly amount out of that? I know this sounds like a stupid question but I've never liked the idea of giving a company access to my money, I'd rather be the one to pay from my account to the company and I don't know how Verizon prepaid works. Any and all suggestions are welcome!

Thanks in advance!
    Roadtrip

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Been awhile but I think with VZW prepaid your only options are a credit or debit card. This will give you the $5/month discount for autopay.

But the best strategy is to buy $50 VZW prepaid PIN cards (during $5 off sale) from Target and add them to your account balance. Autopay always takes your monthly payment from your account balance before ever touching your credit/debit cards. You also get out of paying taxes and fees that you would otherwise have to pay. Right now I have a $620 balance in my VZW account. I've been a VZW prepaid subscriber for years and they've never taken money from my credit card.........although they do check to make sure you have a valid credit/debit card on file.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Thanks taoman! So it sounds like I just apply the prepaid cards to my Verizon account somehow and I'm good to go as long as I have a backup credit/debit card on file.