Thread: "We're sorry, but the number you have dialed has calling restrictions ..." using GV on an iPhone

Carrier(s)
    Tello (for the time being)
    Feedback Score

"We're sorry, but the number you have dialed has calling restrictions ..." using GV on an iPhone

Is anyone else getting this message when using GV on an iPhone? I just started to receive it when calling numbers that I've called successfully before. It must have something to do with GV using the shadow number to call out because I call out using my carrier number and I don't get that message. Nor do I get it when making wifi calls.
    I have several religious and historical books for sale in my Bonanza booth.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Can you make any calls ??

Are you using the area code when dialing ? Several calling markets are now required to use 10 digit dialing, even for local calls. If that is happening, store all of your phone contacts with the area code and that should solve the issue.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); Moto G Power 2020 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Here's a WAG (wild-*****-guess): Any possibility that on your iPhone you have carrier Wi-Fi Calling, and it's engaged? Like I said, a WAG.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    Here's a WAG (wild-*****-guess): Any possibility that on your iPhone you have carrier Wi-Fi Calling, and it's engaged? Like I said, a WAG.
    I'm just curious since I'm heavy GV user and so following this topic. whacker, just curious why you suspect WiFi calling?

In the past when I got similar error in Android (yeah!), It was due to incorrect number of digits or area code.

Feedback Score
    You could check the following to see if it's any help:

Tried calling my google voice number and it says the number you have dialed has calling restriction
    https://support.google.com/voice/thr...ng-restriction

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Bandwidth.com has been getting hit with DDoS attacks the last few days. Bandwidth.com is the carrier that Google Voice uses. According to Bandwidth they are "resolving" the Verizon connecting issue. The DDoS attacks are intermittent so calls will work and then stop working. Surprising this hasn't got more media coverage as several PSAP 911 centers have gone done and been unavailable because of this attack.

https://status.bandwidth.com/ Scroll down to Sep 29, 2021. Are the numbers you tried to call Verizon numbers?

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/new...oip-providers/

Carrier(s)
    Tello (for the time being)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    Can you make any calls ??

Are you using the area code when dialing ? Several calling markets are now required to use 10 digit dialing, even for local calls. If that is happening, store all of your phone contacts with the area code and that should solve the issue.
    I always dial from my contacts list and all numbers are stored as 10 digit. And the shadow number is always 10 digits as well, which is the number GV uses to dial out. I think the link that Boz1 posted in GV Help is what's happening because my carrier number is PagePlus which is a VZW MVNO. As far as I know, nobody calling my GV number is hearing the message like the person who posted in Google Voice Help complained about.