Thread: Things must be going great in Mobley land

Feedback Score

Things must be going great in Mobley land

No new posts here since 09/09.

Mostly we see posts here when someone sees a rumor posted somewhere about the Mobleys being turned off and rushes here to tell everyone.

My two are still running nicely (well, one Mobley sim in a Netgear modem and one Mobley), like they have since March '17. No problems with them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by david0858 View Post

Mostly we see posts here when someone sees a rumor posted somewhere about the Mobleys being turned off and rushes here to tell everyone.

My two are still running nicely (well, one Mobley sim in a Netgear modem and one Mobley), like they have since March '17. No problems with them.
    Mine have been running nicely too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Those rumors made me buy two mobleys. I have often thought the rumors were started by mobley sellers. Question... Should one leave the battery in a nighthawk? Mine recently bulged and I replaced the battery.

Feedback Score

There have been posts to some of the Mobley topics every week or so.

Otherwise, my Mobley SIM from ~2017 continues to work fine in a Velocity hotspot. I used it just yesterday while I was waiting an hour at a car repair shop. I was getting ~15 Mbps. I streamed some TV to my phone which really helped pass the time. I used it several times during the Summer while we had nearly daily severe thunderstorms some weeks. I also loaned to a friend who had a multi-hour electric outage.

After losing a couple of $thousand of electronic devices from a nearby lightning strike a few years ago, I unplug most of my electronics while lightning storms are passing through.

The use that is the most amusing to me was when SWMBO got a VRBO vacation rental for a week last year. Turns out there was no Internet. There was Dish/DirectTV, but the TV in the bedroom did not work. Mobley/Velocity and our tablets to the rescue so we could watch bedtime TV.

I feel extremely fortunate to have gotten the Mobley CCU plan while it was available. I would not have known about it without the excellent info here at HoFo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    There have been posts to some of the Mobley topics every week or so.

Otherwise, my Mobley SIM from ~2017 continues to work fine in a Velocity hotspot. I used it just yesterday while I was waiting an hour at a car repair shop. I was getting ~15 Mbps. I streamed some TV to my phone which really helped pass the time. I used it several times during the Summer while we had nearly daily severe thunderstorms some weeks. I also loaned to a friend who had a multi-hour electric outage.

After losing a couple of $thousand of electronic devices from a nearby lightning strike a few years ago, I unplug most of my electronics while lightning storms are passing through.

The use that is the most amusing to me was when SWMBO got a VRBO vacation rental for a week last year. Turns out there was no Internet. There was Dish/DirectTV, but the TV in the bedroom did not work. Mobley/Velocity and our tablets to the rescue so we could watch bedtime TV.

I feel extremely fortunate to have gotten the Mobley CCU plan while it was available. I would not have known about it without the excellent info here at HoFo.
    Ours are our internet so they get used all day every day. We do try to divide up the bytes between them to keep either one from using a lot of bytes.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by affald View Post
    Those rumors made me buy two mobleys. I have often thought the rumors were started by mobley sellers. Question... Should one leave the battery in a nighthawk? Mine recently bulged and I replaced the battery.
    I never have my battery in my M1 while I’m at home. However you may need an upgraded power supply and USB-C cable. I suggest using an Anker PD 3.0 and quality cable. This prevents having any random reboot issues.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    I never have my battery in my M1 while I’m at home. However you may need an upgraded power supply and USB-C cable. I suggest using an Anker PD 3.0 and quality cable. This prevents having any random reboot issues.
    Thank you!