Thread: using Tracfone AT&T SIM in Verizon Samsung Note 5 phone and it always go to 3G for voice....

Feedback Score

using Tracfone AT&T SIM in Verizon Samsung Note 5 phone and it always go to 3G for voice....

using Tracfone AT&T SIM in Verizon Samsung Note 5 phone and it always go to 3G for voice.... this is a very old phone used as an emergency spare.

can this be solved by replacing it with a Tracfone Verizon SIM? I assume this will allow it to do VoLTE on Verizon?

Thanks

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Probably not, but doesn't cost much to test.

I say that based in the timeline for Advanced Calling 1.0 and my experience with other Advanced Calling 1.0 phones.

So if you still like the Note 5 (getting pretty old now), suggest buy a SIM kit for $1, try to transfer to the Verizon SIM and if that works test the functionality. At worst you transfer to the AT&T SIM from the kit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Probably not, but doesn't cost much to test.

I say that based in the timeline for Advanced Calling 1.0 and my experience with other Advanced Calling 1.0 phones.

So if you still like the Note 5 (getting pretty old now), suggest buy a SIM kit for $1, try to transfer to the Verizon SIM and if that works test the functionality. At worst you transfer to the AT&T SIM from the kit.

I did test this by borrowing Verizon's own postpaid and prepaid SIM cards and VoLTE worked fine. Just ordered the Tracfone SIM kit for $1... will test it with the Tracfone Verizon SIM and see what happens.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    If you transfer from AT&T to Verizon and then try to transfer back to AT&T, AT&T may not allow you to re-activate that old phone again.
    Maybe safest to activate the BYOP kit Verizon SIM with the cheapest airtime and a new phone number.

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, LG Q7+, LG Q6, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    If you transfer from AT&T to Verizon and then try to transfer back to AT&T, AT&T may not allow you to re-activate that old phone again.
    If the TF/AT&T SIM is BYOP then it shouldn't be a problem because it's not tied to a particular phone.