Thread: AT&T Whitelist comes to Tracfone

Feedback Score

AT&T Whitelist comes to Tracfone

Just got notice that my 4G LTE phone which is NOT on the AT&T whitelist will stop working. It has T-Mobile compatible Volte but not AT&T Volte.

This is a phone that in numerous conversations with TF CSRs who swore that it would not be affected by the AT&T 3g sunset. So much for that advice.

I have another phone in the same situation but have not gotten any notice yet.

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, LG Q7+, LG Q6, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    What are the make/models of those phones? Are they TF-branded, bought recently, and came with a TF/AT&T SIM?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    What are the make/models of those phones? Are they TF-branded, bought recently, and came with a TF/AT&T SIM?
    Alcatel Raven and ZTE Majesty Pro. TF branded and came with TF/AT&T SIMs with 27 in 9th and 10th digits.
    Bought in 2018, I think. Raven has Volte switch on in Hidden Settings menu. Both are compatible with T-Mobile according to BYOD IMEI checker. T-Mobile requires Volte, but not AT&T's version of Volte.

I should note that the ZTE, which is the one I got the notice about, was activated only 2 months ago to the day.
    Last edited by winner123; 10-12-2021 at 09:16 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Tracfone has shown little interest in AT&T for a while now. Verizon will be happy anytime they can pin any blame on AT&T.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for sharing this winner123! Could I ask whether the notice was received via email or text?

As luck would have it, I activated 2 TF./AT&T BYOP SIMs One of the 2 phones is on the AT&T whitelist (an AT&T Prepaid CameoX), while the other is not (factory unlocked Moto E4). Guess I better keep an eye on them.

In this instance, Verizon would be pretty accurate in pointing a finger at AT&T. We have AT&T lines at both Tracfone and another MVNO, and there hasn't been any info about if/how/when the AT&T whitelist system will be enforced at either.
    My Tello referral code is P3BSR5HV, and gets both of us 10 Tello Dollars to pay for a plan.
    https://tello.com/account/register?_referral=P3BSR5HV

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhandle View Post
    Thanks for sharing this winner123! Could I ask whether the notice was received via email or text?

As luck would have it, I activated 2 TF./AT&T BYOP SIMs One of the 2 phones is on the AT&T whitelist (an AT&T Prepaid CameoX), while the other is not (factory unlocked Moto E4). Guess I better keep an eye on them.

In this instance, Verizon would be pretty accurate in pointing a finger at AT&T. We have AT&T lines at both Tracfone and another MVNO, and there hasn't been any info about if/how/when the AT&T whitelist system will be enforced at either.
    I ran the check through this site: http://tf-w.co/3k9rwAW
    Then I also texted "Migrate" to 611611.

Hope that helps.

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, LG Q7+, LG Q6, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    I don't know if that site is supposed to work with BYOP devices. I ran the phone number of my BYOP TF/AT&T SIM, which is being used in an LG Tribute non-VoLTE phone, and it came back with "It appears your phone is currently not affected by the network change". I think someone reported that they got a warning message for his BYOP TF/AT&T SIM in an old phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I don't know if that site is supposed to work with BYOP devices. I ran the phone number of my BYOP TF/AT&T SIM, which is being used in an LG Tribute non-VoLTE phone, and it came back with "It appears your phone is currently not affected by the network change". I think someone reported that they got a warning message for his BYOP TF/AT&T SIM in an old phone.
    You may be right. I got the site from texting Migrate to 611611 but I only have TF branded phones.

I do note that I expect to get the message on another phone but for now I also get "It appears your phone is currently not affected by the network change".

For some reason, it appears they are slow rolling these incompatibility notices.
    Last edited by winner123; 10-13-2021 at 04:31 PM.