Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody know when C Band is going to be deployed by Verizon Wireless?

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    And everything should be delayed because the FAA couldn't be bothered to requiring this equipment be changed and should be delayed until the FCC decides to replace said equipment?
    No ofc not, I never implied any such thing did I? it's a pure money grab.

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeInPa View Post
    Also every article that I have seen states that the “interference” is “technically possible” using various simulation models but it has NEVER translated into actual real world interference. In the 40 countries where the spectrum is currently in use their are still ZERO proven instances where the interference has occurred.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    A large coffee says the FAA gets auction winners to kick in some small amount of cash to take care of the non existent problem.

'Go away' money so they can get on with business.

How can this even come up like a year AFTER the auction?

Feedback Score

Does anybody know when C Band is going to be deployed by Verizon Wireless?

Surely there are thousands of upgraded towers not near airports that could be turned on without delay.

Likewise the C-band transmit power at the towers near airports could be turned up slowly (over a few weeks/months) to see if any (fictitious) issues arise.

If the FAA hopes to extort money out of the carriers, or better yet the FCC, they better be prepared to provide a complete inventory count and proof of exactly which model altimeters are impacted.

Vague threats are BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    As the country patiently waits for the C-band deployments to begin, the airwaves are quietly coming to life! I've been monitoring my area for the last week or so and there are now several sites being tested. Had my S21 locked on bands 48, n48 SA, and n77 SA and the 5G SA screen in Service Mode is lighting up all over the place on both VZ and AT&T. You can see the EARFCN which is the 60 MHz lower A Block. All the sites are barred to consumer connectivity.

Edit. Attempted to do some mapping on Cellmapper. B78 is showing up on the AT&T 5G map in Warren, MI.

https://imgur.com/a/GL40xCb
    Last edited by 10mm; 12-01-2021 at 12:50 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Tangent: Any word on Verizon rolling out n48? And if so, will they use DSS? Maybe they could do DSS on the CBRS spectrum they’re already using but deploy exclusively n48 on any new CBRS.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    Tangent: Any word on Verizon rolling out n48? And if so, will they use DSS? Maybe they could do DSS on the CBRS spectrum they’re already using but deploy exclusively n48 on any new CBRS.
    Some discussion on Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/com...tm_name=iossmf

Feedback Score
    Verizon foresee Cband being on all 70K Macros at some point in the future although Verizon did leave the door open alittle on that. Cband is also being deployed on Small Cells beginning next year.

https://www.fiercewireless.com/5g/ve...ng-c-band-2022

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

In the wood's of Maryland's eastern shore.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Somebody better hire a whole lot of tower worker's, Oh that's right nobody wants to work anymore.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bcltoys View Post
    Somebody better hire a whole lot of tower worker's, Oh that's right nobody wants to work anymore.
    Considering they'll be at at least 7000 within the first 8 months, at that pace they'll have 70K by end of 2027

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I hope you’re being sarcastic. There isn’t a labor shortage. This is a capital strike — it’s like a labor strike, but instead of refusing to work it’s refusing to hire, and it’s because businesses are trying to force workers to accept poverty wages (which are defined as below the cost of living, and therefore are insufficient to sustain even one person despite working full-time). These employers are so delusionally entitled that they think they deserve labor from people they don’t even pay enough to be able to afford things like rent of a one-bedroom apartment, basic groceries, transit expenses, health insurance, etc.

Case in point: https://www.businessinsider.com/work...ortage-2021-10

In the wood's of Maryland's eastern shore.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Considering they'll be at at least 7000 within the first 8 months, at that pace they'll have 70K by end of 2027
    6g will start to be a thing buy then.

Feedback Score
    I think the CWA’s mere presence has influenced the strategy of each Verizon and AT&T’s rollout of new wireless technologies.

Verizon (Wireless) is largely NOT unionized, if at all. They have a few “management” employees for tower maintenance but they don’t climb. Only contractors climb.

AT&T Mobility is HEAVILY unionized. “Touching every tower” is an incredibly expensive undertaking because it’s not just labor hours, it’s headcount. CWA contracts forbid hiring of contractors, sometimes include a “watermark” or minimum number of employees company MUST maintain in a job title whether there is work or not.

I believe this ^^^ was the driving force behind HSPA+ and 5GE. If AT&T needs additional antennas for these bands, there’s no “not climbing”.

The union job title is “Wireless Technician”, and the non-union title is “Technician III-Wireless”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by VoIP2TDM View Post
    I think the CWA’s mere presence has influenced the strategy of each Verizon and AT&T’s rollout of new wireless technologies.

Verizon (Wireless) is largely NOT unionized, if at all. They have a few “management” employees for tower maintenance but they don’t climb. Only contractors climb.

AT&T Mobility is HEAVILY unionized. “Touching every tower” is an incredibly expensive undertaking because it’s not just labor hours, it’s headcount. CWA contracts forbid hiring of contractors, sometimes include a “watermark” or minimum number of employees company MUST maintain in a job title whether there is work or not.

I believe this ^^^ was the driving force behind HSPA+ and 5GE. If AT&T needs additional antennas for these bands, there’s no “not climbing”.

The union job title is “Wireless Technician”, and the non-union title is “Technician III-Wireless”.

Exactly. I had three Uncles who all worked for Bell for 30+ years each. One switched to Verizon Wireless when it was formed. Totally non-Union, unlike Bell.

That’s mainly why the FIOS rollout was stopped. FIOS is legacy Bell, all union linemen, very expensive.

History:
    https://www.verizon.com/about/sites/...0history%20PDF

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I find it unhelpful when y’all call these union workers “expensive” without comparing their pay to the revenue that results from their labor. If the company makes more money than it loses by paying these union workers, then is it really an undue expense? Because to me it sounds like those union workers are doing a great job, and besides, workers should get to keep as much of the money generated by their labor as possible — what entitles employers to make, for example, $1,000,000 off your department’s work and then only pay the department’s workers $50,000? That’s just theft by another name.

People love to talk about taxation being “theft” while their employers make off with VASTLY more of the money your work brought in. Don’t blame other workers who have managed to reduce the scale of their employers’ wage theft for their employers failing to properly invest in improvements to the services offered by the company. In fact, “don’t blame the least powerful party in the scenario” is an excellent rule in general — default to blaming the people in charge.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    I find it unhelpful when y’all call these union workers “expensive” without comparing their pay to the revenue that results from their labor. If the company makes more money than it loses by paying these union workers, then is it really an undue expense? Because to me it sounds like those union workers are doing a great job, and besides, workers should get to keep as much of the money generated by their labor as possible — what entitles employers to make, for example, $1,000,000 off your department’s work and then only pay the department’s workers $50,000? That’s just theft by another name.

People love to talk about taxation being “theft” while their employers make off with VASTLY more of the money your work brought in. Don’t blame other workers who have managed to reduce the scale of their employers’ wage theft for their employers failing to properly invest in improvements to the services offered by the company. In fact, “don’t blame the least powerful party in the scenario” is an excellent rule in general — default to blaming the people in charge.
    Oh I’m sure union workers love being union. As a former CWA district 3 AND district 9, I sure did. It was a joy reading our contracts (because we actually had stuff IN WRITING).

I remember getting “penalty pay” because managers didn’t call employees to offer overtime in the correct order. I remember 5-year callback rights after layoffs, bridging seniority when you came back. I remember striking for the first time since the previous generation did in 1984. Some guys had been there long enough to see both. Making history.

I remember double time after 49 hours. I remember double time for call outs. I remember being able to let the phone ring because we didn’t get in trouble for not answering. Lines down on Christmas weekend? It’ll have to wait. I remember triple time on holidays, if we so chose to pick up.

If it wasn’t already telling by “we could let the phone ring”, I was in construction, Outside Plant Technician. Cable repair didn’t get holidays off automatically (Facility Tech, I&M) however we had some FT’s in construction too, they were our splicers.

Our top 10 seniority guys would hit six figures by August, then take the whole month of December off. Got 5 weeks vacation. When scheduling vacation we’d all sit down in November or so and they’d call names out, in order, to place your weeks for the next year.

Even if you were the low guy, you had “optional holidays” that weren’t subject to blackouts or caps. So everyone that wanted the week between Christmas and New Years off, got it.

Last edited by VoIP2TDM; 12-04-2021 at 11:27 AM.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast