Thread: What happened to Red Pocket? Maybe it's my perception.

Feedback Score

What happened to Red Pocket? Maybe it's my perception.

What happened to Red Pocket? Maybe it's my perception. But the last few months I'm reading about more problems with payments or service.

Red Pocket's plan offerings are stale & less competitive. The low data plans & limited talk/text plans are the only remotely competitive priced plans & only if bought through the exclusive eBay 360 day plans. All the the higher data plans are priced around the same or more of other MVNOs. And most all carrier owned prepaid plans are better deals.

I see Red Pocket sinking or getting bought (fire sale) if they don't get on the edge of low priced prepaid plans like 3 or 4 years ago.

I probably bought 10 Red Pocket 360 day plans over the years. But now I cannot ever see going back to Red Pocket. Even if I decided to leave Visible (wholly owned by Verizon). I've been (primary line) with Visible for almost a year & a half & am thoroughly satisfied. If I left Visible now (NOT going to) I'd probably go to Tello & back to limited data
    Check out this page: https://www.visible.com/get/36csHv, it has all the info you need to know about joining Visible.
    When you use my friend code, 36csHv, you’ll get your first month of service for only $5!

Join my Party Pay Group 38,147 members (no information is shared with other members)
    https://visible.com/p/Reddit_Upvote & never pay more than $25 a month.

Visible $25/mo
    Liberty 09.06.2022
    TMo 01.05.22
    Truphone 01.18.22

Device(s)
    iPhone, OnePlus 8, iPhone 7 Plus (Car phone)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile PostPaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    What happened to Red Pocket? Maybe it's my perception. But the last few months I'm reading about more problems with payments or service.

Red Pocket's plan offerings are stale & less competitive. The low data plans & limited talk/text plans are the only remotely competitive priced plans & only if bought through the exclusive eBay 360 day plans. All the the higher data plans are priced around the same or more of other MVNOs. And most all carrier owned prepaid plans are better deals.

I see Red Pocket sinking or getting bought (fire sale) if they don't get on the edge of low priced prepaid plans like 3 or 4 years ago.

I probably bought 10 Red Pocket 360 day plans over the years. But now I cannot ever see going back to Red Pocket. Even if I decided to leave Visible (wholly owned by Verizon). I've been (primary line) with Visible for almost a year & a half & am thoroughly satisfied. If I left Visible now (NOT going to) I'd probably go to Tello & back to limited data
    Service issues generally have been the main carriers problem or fault. If Verizon was having issue as an example , redpocket CDMA , visible, us Mobile etc will also be affected..

I’d rather use redpocket Verizon over visible due to there speed limitations and high latency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd give red pocket gsma a score of C over the last 4 years. It's satisfactory at best. Issues don't occur often but when they do are a pain to resolve, taking multiple calls/chat/contacts. BUT, in terms of value, i'd give them an A. You get what you pay for. They're like the third rate insurance companies.

Renewal coming up, if it's at <$100 we'll go for another year of 1K min/1GB.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    I'd give red pocket gsma a score of C over the last 4 years. It's satisfactory at best. Issues don't occur often but when they do are a pain to resolve, taking multiple calls/chat/contacts. BUT, in terms of value, i'd give them an A. You get what you pay for. They're like the third rate insurance companies.

Renewal coming up, if it's at <$100 we'll go for another year of 1K min/1GB.
    I would give RP GSMA an A. I have been using the service for 12 months. It is my primary line in a Galaxy S21. I also carry an AT&T business line my company provides. I travel about 60,000 miles a year by car. In day to day usage you tell no difference. Yes there are speed test differences but as far as usage goes no difference. I have the yearly 20gb plan which I plan to renew on black Friday. AT&T is putting towers everywhere because of FirstNet. Their coverage is absolutely outstanding. RP customer service isn't the best but most other MVNO'S are worse.

Sent from my SM-T510 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^^So your grade actually applies to att because you've had great coverage and service. My grade applies to red pocket's (customer) service as they don't actually operate the towers, just resell.

Wait til you encounter an issue and have to deal with customer service.

Feedback Score
    The issues with Red Pocket are very real. Have been a customer for 3 years and until 6 months ago was very happy.

Now, my line gets shut off at random intervals (on the 12 month ebay plan) and I have to get on chat for 30 minutes every time to get service restarted.

This is unacceptable and I will be taking my money elsewhere.

Red Pocket's issues are very much real and not getting better.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3 XL, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, TracFone, TextNow, Moto E2
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by husavik View Post
    The issues with Red Pocket are very real. Have been a customer for 3 years and until 6 months ago was very happy.

Now, my line gets shut off at random intervals (on the 12 month ebay plan) and I have to get on chat for 30 minutes every time to get service restarted.

This is unacceptable and I will be taking my money elsewhere.

Red Pocket's issues are very much real and not getting better.
    GSMA, CDMA or GSMT?
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Feedback Score
    I've been using them for a couple of years and haven't run into any major problems yet. Had a little trouble getting it set up on a new phone a year ago, but I was able to get help from customer service quickly and effectively. Maybe it was just the luck of the draw, but it seemed pretty good to me. For my $30/year plan I don't really expect much though, and I'd certainly be willing to put up with a bit of hassle. I can certainly understand that people would have higher expectations if they are on more high-end plans though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yeswap View Post
    gsma, cdma or gsmt?
    gsma

Device(s)
    iPhone, OnePlus 8, iPhone 7 Plus (Car phone)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile PostPaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by husavik View Post
    gsma

What model is the phone your using?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
    What model is the phone your using?

Pixel 3, mainly. When this issue first occurred I put the sim in back up phones (Moto e6, and Galaxy S7 active) and still had the same issue. The only way to resolve is a 20-30 minute chat with RP. They "fix" it every time, but the frequency of the issue is unacceptable.

Feedback Score
    I don't have a comment on Red Pocket since I never used them but I do want to commend you for your signature line. It's something that I believe in strongly and try to have that as my guiding principle in life.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by laidbackguy7 View Post
    I don't have a comment on Red Pocket since I never used them but I do want to commend you for your signature line. It's something that I believe in strongly and try to have that as my guiding principle in life.
    Thank you very much. I anticipate changing it after becoming a Hofo Gold Member. After a month or two I'll change it back.