Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ATT BYOP triple minutes

Feedback Score

ATT BYOP triple minutes

I have some old sim cards which I think were from an activation kit which promised triple minutes etc. I also have an old 90 day 60 minutes card, and an unlocked ATT compatible phone. I'm looking to transfer my number from Visible to TracFone using all these. I also would like to create a new rewards account and use a referral code from my mother. First question is - is there any way to tell if I'll get triple minutes by looking at the sim card? Second question is probably... Are there any gotchas to be concerned about doing the port and new activation?

Sent from my Z6530V using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Pixel 4a, LG Q7+, LG Q6, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cwshop View Post
    First question is - is there any way to tell if I'll get triple minutes by looking at the sim card? Second question is probably... Are there any gotchas to be concerned about doing the port and new activation?
    You can't tell whether or not the SIM has TMFL by looking at the SIM, but you CAN tell by looking at its packaging if you still have it. The package for a SIM with TMFL mentions 3X or a $19.99 plan. The SIM without TMFL does not mention 3X, or mentions a $15 plan.

The first two pictures show SIMs with TMFL. The 3rd shows SIM without TMFL.

A new forum member on Friday ported in a number and activate a new line, using my referral code. There was some issue with his phone service (no Data) but it has been resolved. When he tried to enter my referral code, it said Invalid Code, then the next try said "You Were Already Referred". No points given to him nor me. He's created a ticket for that and waiting to it to be resolved. It was reported on the TF Rewards thread that some other people had the same problem.

Name:  Tracfone-SIM-Kits.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  60.9 KB

Name:  Tracfone-SIM-Kit-new.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  58.1 KB

Name:  Tracfone-SIM-Kit-no-TMFL.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  46.3 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    You can't tell whether or not the SIM has TMFL by looking at the SIM, but you CAN tell by looking at its packaging if you still have it.
    I would think there would be a difference in the model (ID) number between a TMFL and non-TMFL Sim card. I mean the TF......... number, not the serial number. There might be a number of different model numbers depending on the vintage.

Feedback Score
    cwshop, have you seen this post and followup comments in the Rewards thread?
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...6#post17192896
    (see hpham's comment #2)

It seems like something is broken right now (maybe for the last week or so?) with the Rewards Program properly crediting referrals. I don't know the best route to try, but I'd be tempted to do the signup for the Rewards Program via the My Account app instead of in a browser right now.
    My Tello referral code is P3BSR5HV, and gets both of us 10 Tello Dollars to pay for a plan.
    https://tello.com/account/register?_referral=P3BSR5HV

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhandle View Post
    cwshop, have you seen this post and followup comments in the Rewards thread?
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...6#post17192896
    (see hpham's comment #2)

It seems like something is broken right now (maybe for the last week or so?) with the Rewards Program properly crediting referrals. I don't know the best route to try, but I'd be tempted to do the signup for the Rewards Program via the My Account app instead of in a browser right now.
    Crap, I missed that. And it's too late, I just activated and got the invalid code and already referred message. I wonder if it's because I tried to use the referral code possibly before the port went thru? I'm having other issues still like no calls so I'm working thru that first.

Feedback Score
    On the plus side I got triple minutes. But my bonus code from turk forums didn't work.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I just activated and got the invalid code and already referred message. I wonder if it's because I tried to use the referral code possibly before the port went thru?
    The Reward system is broken. My referee had the line ported in and activated before creating an account and signing up with my referral code. But he got the invalid code error and "already referred" message.

Feedback Score
    Did you get any points as referrer? I don't see points on either side.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A32 5G, Moto G Stylus 2021, Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Crap, I missed that. And it's too late, I just activated and got the invalid code and already referred message. I wonder if it's because I tried to use the referral code possibly before the port went thru? I'm having other issues still like no calls so I'm working thru that first.

If your IMS Registration Status is registered and you have VoLTE would you please let me know.
    I have an issue with IMS not registering so no VoLTE.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Did you get any points as referrer? I don't see points on either side.
    No points on either end. Still waiting on getting the ticket resolved.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    If your IMS Registration Status is registered and you have VoLTE would you please let me know.
    I have an issue with IMS not registering so no VoLTE.
    My service state says out of service and ims is not registered. Been on the phone with support all night and all they keep saying is reset network settings and restart.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    My service state says out of service and ims is not registered. Been on the phone with support all night and all they keep saying is reset network settings and restart.

Been researching a lot on this issue and some say TF needs to link the IMEI of the phone to the sim card in order for AT&T to make the handshake for IMS to register.
    TF doesn't normally ask for the IMEI with a TF/AT&T sim. I'm gonna call tomorrow and see if they will link mine. If you ask and get it done tonight please let me know. Hope you get your straightened out.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score

May I ask what phone your using the BYOP TF/AT&T sim in?

Feedback Score
    It's an unlocked zte blade 10 prime that was previously on visible. I just found out that if I manually enter the TracFone apn settings I can get data working. Calls and texts aren't working.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    It's an unlocked zte blade 10 prime that was previously on visible. I just found out that if I manually enter the TracFone apn settings I can get data working. Calls and texts aren't working.

I'm beginning to wonder if it has anything to do with the older sim card. I also used one in my phone and everything works, but IMS not registered so of course no VoLTE.
    This is where my issue gets weird... I activated a new BYOP TF/AT&T sim to test my phone which is an AT&T branded Samsung Galaxy A32 5G to make sure everything worked with TF before I transferred my service to the A32 and it did, IMS registered with the new sim and everything worked correctly. Then I transferred my service using the older sim and IMS won't register.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast