Thread: Monthly Plan Questions

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score

Monthly Plan Questions

I'm on H20 PayGo $10/90 day plan and the SIM is in a locked AT&T Alcatel 4052R flip.

If I wanted to order a SIM for the $20 unlimited t&t/2gb monthly plan, (18 with autopay), could I use it in a locked, never been activated AT&T LG Neon Plus 2? That's an LG LM-X320 AM8.

If it can be used with the monthly plan despite being locked, does unused data rollover like on AT&T monthly plans?

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Flip phone, Samsung J3 on Tello
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, H2O, Page Plus, Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I don't think you have to use a different SIM for the H2O monthly data plans

From website: Rollover Data on ALL monthly plans ......

If you have the Neon Plus, just try your present H2O SIM in it.
    That 10c/mb on the pay as you go is a killer. That's why I'm using Tello for my daily driver.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dfriz View Post
    I don't think you have to use a different SIM for the H2O monthly data plans

From website: Rollover Data on ALL monthly plans ......

If you have the Neon Plus, just try your present H2O SIM in it.
    That 10c/mb on the pay as you go is a killer. That's why I'm using Tello for my daily driver.
    Thanks for taking time to answer my questions.

Wow, rollover data. That's unexpected but a definite plus.

I don't use data on my $10 LTE plan, way too expensive. The flip luckily has WiFi.

I'm looking at an AT&T or T-Mobile based MVNO because I moved to an area where Verizon is weak. I have 3 TracFones that run on it. I have Red Pocket GSMT (T-Mo), the eBay $30/year eBay plan which is great for talk or SMS, but the data add on isn't that cheap ($5 for 500mb).

Since I have an AT&T phone I could activate with H20, figured it'd save buying an unlocked phone.

Simple Mobile which runs on T-Mobile is my other choice, since I have a Moto e5 I can activate on the service (and an LG Fiesta 2). Their $25/mo plan has 3gb data but no rollover as far as I can tell. Add ons are only $5 for 2gb I think.

Device(s)
    A71 5G, Pixel 3aXL/4a5G, Moto E6/G7 Power/Z3 Play/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    Simple Mobile which runs on T-Mobile is my other choice, since I have a Moto e5 I can activate on the service (and an LG Fiesta 2). Their $25/mo plan has 3gb data but no rollover as far as I can tell. Add ons are only $5 for 2gb I think.
    Simple Mobile is one of the TracFone companies, and if Verizon takes over, we don't know how long they will support non-Verizon carriers. That said, for now, you could move any of your current TracFone lines and balances to a T-Mobile (or AT&T) SIM. You could use up the balances before trying Simple Mobile.

Of course, if you were waiting for a year to pass, to unlock those phones, you wouldn't want to do that.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    Simple Mobile is one of the TracFone companies, and if Verizon takes over, we don't know how long they will support non-Verizon carriers. That said, for now, you could move any of your current TracFone lines and balances to a T-Mobile (or AT&T) SIM. You could use up the balances before trying Simple Mobile.

Of course, if you were waiting for a year to pass, to unlock those phones, you wouldn't want to do that.
    Yes, I've been wondering what is to become of the American Movil brands. I've been looking at Red Pocket, H20 as possibilities. I have inexpensive service with both. My Tracfones are all Verizon served, which worked well for me until I moved recently to an area not as well served by VZ as by T-mobile and AT&T.

One of my TF's expires in December and I'll probably extend its service another six months until I decide what to do with it.

I'm waiting to unlock two other VZ served TF's in April. I want to swap one of them to try Liberty Wireless, which someone suggested today.

I would like to unlock the Moto e5 because it can be used on T-Mo or AT&T MVNO's. It's Simple Mobile branded though and would have to use it on SM for a year to unlock it, which is probably dufus since for the cost, ($25/mo X 12) could buy two new unlocked Moto E's.

Someone suggested I try to activate a TF BYOD SIM kit based on AT&T or T-Mo and try it in the e5. Or, try to activate the e5 as a T-Mo based TF. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. I need to decide by April when two of my TF's expire. My Red Pocket service expires then too.

I will probably try Liberty Wireless' $10/mo unlimited talk &text plan. It runs on T-Mobile.

Sent from my LGL64VL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    Thanks for taking time to answer my questions.

Wow, rollover data. That's unexpected but a definite plus.

I don't use data on my $10 LTE plan, way too expensive. The flip luckily has WiFi.

I'm looking at an AT&T or T-Mobile based MVNO because I moved to an area where Verizon is weak. I have 3 TracFones that run on it. I have Red Pocket GSMT (T-Mo), the eBay $30/year eBay plan which is great for talk or SMS, but the data add on isn't that cheap ($5 for 500mb).

Since I have an AT&T phone I could activate with H20, figured it'd save buying an unlocked phone.

If you don't need data I suggest:

$5/Mo Liberty Wireless Phone Plan: Unlimited Talk & Unlimited Text. Yearly on the
    T-Mobile network. $60 up front. I've found their customer service quite competent.
    eBay Item# 133797316713

Or $8.33/Mo Liberty Wireless Phone Plan: Unlimited Talk & Unlimited Text & 1GB. Yearly
    on the T-Mobile network. $100 up front. An eBay exclusive.
    Check out this page: https://www.visible.com/get/36csHv, it has all the info you need to know about joining Visible.
    When you use my friend code, 36csHv, you’ll get your first month of service for only $5!

Join my Party Pay Group 38,147 members (no information is shared with other members)
    https://visible.com/p/Reddit_Upvote & never pay more than $25 a month.

Visible $25/mo
    Liberty 09.06.2022
    TMo 01.05.22
    Truphone 01.18.22

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    If you don't need data I suggest:

$5/Mo Liberty Wireless Phone Plan: Unlimited Talk & Unlimited Text. Yearly on the
    T-Mobile network. $60 up front. I've found their customer service quite competent.
    eBay Item# 133797316713

Or $8.33/Mo Liberty Wireless Phone Plan: Unlimited Talk & Unlimited Text & 1GB. Yearly
    on the T-Mobile network. $100 up front. An eBay exclusive.
    My primary reason for going to Liberty would be the ability to get a fair amount of data for a low price, as well as the unlimited talk & text, so the monthly plan with unlimited t&t plus at least 1gb data (add ons for $5) would be my best option.