Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I need help as I don't understand

Feedback Score

I need help as I don't understand

Me and my wife have been with Pure TalkUSA for several years, we just bought two new phones back in the summer, a Samsung A72 and a Samsung A51. We are now being told those phone won't work when they shut down 3g in February, our phones are 4g and volte capable but I have checked my imei numbers through them and they said the phones won't work. Does anyone know why? Also where else can we go? Consumer cell said we aren't compatible either. Two new phones and they are about to be junk. I need help. we can't afford more phones being on a fixed income, we saved for over a year to get these. Thanks.
    Last edited by Serial Port; 11-13-2021 at 04:00 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone, OnePlus 8, iPhone 7 Plus (Car phone)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile PostPaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boomer92266 View Post
    Me and my wife have been with Pure TalkUSA for several years, we just bought two new phones back in the summer, a Samsung A72 and a Samsung A51. We are now being told those phone won't work when they shut down 3g in February, our phones are 4g and volte capable but I have checked my imei numbers through them and they said the phones won't work. Does anyone know why? Also where else can we go? Consumer cell said we aren't compatable either. Two new phones and they are about to be junk. I need help. we can't afford more phones being on a fixed income, we saved for over a year to get these. Thanks.
    What’s the exact model of the phone? There many models of each of those phones. And where did you buy them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Me and my wife have been with Pure TalkUSA for several years, we just bought two new phones back in the summer, a Samsung A72 and a Samsung A51. We are now being told those phone won't work when they shut down 3g in February, our phones are 4g and volte capable but I have checked my imei numbers through them and they said the phones won't work. Does anyone know why? Also where else can we go? Consumer cell said we aren't compatable either. Two new phones and they are about to be junk. I need help. we can't afford more phones being on a fixed income, we saved for over a year to get these. Thanks.
    Sounds like you might have got international models of the phone since I have not seen the A72 as a US model. These international phones need an IMEI that is supported in the US.

Edit: Here is a link to what is going on if you want to see this for yourself: https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1324171/

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile PostPaid
    Feedback Score
    Samsung A72 is the model.
    That’s not the model #

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
    That’s not the model #

Sorry I found it, SM-A72M/DS

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile PostPaid
    Feedback Score
    From a quick glance that’s a non US model

Feedback Score
    SM-A72M/DS is dual sim.
    usually dual sim phones aren't the US models.
    at&t is about to enact a strict whitelist next year and your device has to be on their list of approved devices.
    You might be able to activate it on a tmobile mvno, not sure how compatible it would be though.

Also, even though some months have passed, you might try contacting the company you purchased them from and maybe they can help you out. Long shot, but you never know unless you try

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    The M in the model is telling me from searching that it is a Latin America and South America model of the phone.

So it is not an US model.

Feedback Score
    You still haven't mentioned where you bought the phones.

Feedback Score
    Somebody has either cheated the fixed-income couple or somebody / else is irresponsible in what and how they sell devices.

An experience did occur to a person who visited a major carrier retail store , was told he needed an updated phone, was told where to find such a phone, the person found such a phone and brought it to the major carrier retail store, and the agents in the store said to this person that the company cannot activate the newly-bought phone!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    You still haven't mentioned where you bought the phones.
    That is what I am wondering because I know Amazon and B&H Photo has sold international models because I have looked at a few international phones from both places. Since I need Verizon support, I knew what to looked at for them.

I do not know what other places sell international models tho.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    SM-A72M/DS is dual sim.
    usually dual sim phones aren't the US models.
    at&t is about to enact a strict whitelist next year and your device has to be on their list of approved devices.
    You might be able to activate it on a tmobile mvno, not sure how compatible it would be though.

Also, even though some months have passed, you might try contacting the company you purchased them from and maybe they can help you out. Long shot, but you never know unless you try
    T mobile won't work where I live, several friends that tried tmobile and they had no service unless they were in town.

Feedback Score
    T mobile won't work where I live, several friends that tried tmobile and they had no service unless they were in town.
    Please answer the prior question.................."You still haven't mentioned where you bought the phones." ???

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Please answer the prior question.................."You still haven't mentioned where you bought the phones." ???
    Sorry, my computer isn't loading good, it was fingerhut

Feedback Score
    Sorry, my computer isn't loading good, it was fingerhut
    Wow! TIL Fingerhut sells cell phones!

How long ago did you purchase the phones?

What payment method did you use?

Is https://www.fingerhut.com/product/NRCO6.uts?cat=7727 the phone you ordered? That link clearly states: "This phone will work with AT&T and T-Mobile GSM networks in the U.S. or any GSM network around the world. Phone will not work with Sprint, Verizon, Boost Mobile, Virgin Wireless or any other CDMA network. For any issues installing or activating your SIM card on any of the approved networks, please contact CCR Warranty at 1-866-579-8436 or [email protected] "

So, if your phone will NOT work with AT&T, you need to contact Fingerhut and tell them they provided false info on their website, and demand a refund.

Is the A72 phone you received dual SIM? The above link also states "Unlocked single-SIM smartphone with touch screen", so if it's actually dual SIM, there's another thing wrong with the Fingerhut description.

Just for clarity, there are 3 questions for you to answer in this post.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast